• 24(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
You tell me
(2016-04-11, 22:20)hdmkv Wrote: Man, keeping post #1 updated is a daily activity. This is a fast-moving development.

Like the new AvatarLaugh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-11, 22:52)Skank Wrote: You tell me

Follow this quick tips.

1-Go into the Bios and load the default settings
2-Remove the SDD
3-Connect the SDD in regular Laptop/Desktop
4-Go to Computer Management/Disk Management and delete everything on the SDD (Should be unallocated after delete)
5-Put everything back together and install Windows from the USB Stick.
6-Once windows finish installing remove the USB Stick

Hope this help.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-04-11, 22:52)movie78 Wrote: Like the new AvatarLaugh
Just seeing that sloth from 'Zootopia' gets me chuckling, especially as I had to go to the DMV over the weekend Wink. Can't wait for this movie to arrive on 3D Blu-ray!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-04-11, 23:00)movie78 Wrote:

Follow this quick tips.

2-Remove the SDD
4-Go to Computer Management/Disk Management and delete everything on the SDD (Should be unallocated after delete)

Hope this help.

Some solid advice about killing disk partitions. I believe UEFI requires that your partition is GPT instead of MBR. It could be that your existing partition was MBR and Windows was continuously trying to install to it.
(2016-04-12, 04:00)Statikk Wrote:

Follow this quick tips.

2-Remove the SDD

Hope this help.

Some solid advice about killing disk partitions. I believe UEFI requires that your partition is GPT instead of MBR. It could be that your existing partition was MBR and Windows was continuously trying to install to it.

You are exactly correct.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-04-12, 04:00)Statikk Wrote:

Follow this quick tips.

2-Remove the SDD

Hope this help.

yeah that was the case too, changed the MBR to GPT
then windows could be installed again but same thing
It installs fully, then needs to restart.
So i did
but then i get blue windows screen and the turning logo while preparing devices, it get stuck at 23%
Huh man i hate it

That same windows usb stick installs fine on the same ssd in my desktop

Also in bios theres an option OS boot: there i can choose between windows 7 and 8 but no win10? strange... this is a leftover from the guy i bought

any other ideas?
Are you running on the latest BIOS?
i dont think so
Should i update it first?

I could see that the processor is 2830 though
but nuc model 2820 so thats one good thing

i noticed in bios i could see this:
On the boot>boot config menu>uefi boot pane , OS selection i can chose between windows 8.X and windows 7

However in release notes of bios i see theres another windows 10 option, so i assume i dont have latest bios

Where should i get latest bios and how to install? Try that first (updating bios) before another attempt?
I think you may be able to update from within in the BIOS. If not then definitely from Intel's website. There should be instructions along with the file download.
Hmdkv;movie78 on what bios version are u guys on with dn2820? (before installing win10 x64?)
where did u get bios
and how did u update
This is the latest BIOS for the DN2820 NUC. There are a few different ways to update. It gives a description of each way on the page next to the name of its corresponding file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=78953
Damn, which one to chose
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...BYT10H-86A-
Lol sorry didnt see ur post
Since you don't have an OS installed currently you could go with the F7 option. You would download the file named below, copy it to a USB stick and press F7 at boot to get to the BIOS update option. Should be able to just point it to the file on the USB stick.

Quote:Recovery BIOS Update [FY0053.BIO]—A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or CD.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10