• 25(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-04-12, 09:48)Statikk Wrote: Since you don't have an OS installed currently you could go with the F7 option. You would download the file named below, copy it to a USB stick and press F7 at boot to get to the BIOS update option. Should be able to just point it to the file on the USB stick.

Quote:Recovery BIOS Update [FY0053.BIO]—A .BIO file to be used for F7 BIOS Update method or a BIOS recovery process. In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. Use the recovery BIOS update to recover from this condition. It requires a USB flash device or CD.

Thats for recovery, not the thing i need no?
See
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...05532.html
i need to replace jumpers too?
Mmmm not preferred mode..

not sure this is the version i need
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...06030.html
(2016-04-12, 09:58)Statikk Wrote: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...06030.html

theres no file for that.
Or this method: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...05850.html

this uses the same file as for recovery method?
I hope this bios update fixes it

If it's the same.. say windows installs, i need to reboot and it hangs again on preparing devices.
Then what?
Use this file with that method: FY0053.BIO

Afterwards go set your BIOS to defaults and add back any customizations you made. Then see if Windows 10 is in the drop down menu. If it is then select that and boot into Windows 10 setup. In Windows 10 setup make sure you delete all partitions on your drive and then create a brand new parition (GPT not MBR) and install Windows to that. The first time Windows reboots during setup you can pull out the USB drive.
(2016-04-12, 10:27)Statikk Wrote: Use this file with that method: FY0053.BIO

Afterwards go set your BIOS to defaults and add back any customizations you made. Then see if Windows 10 is in the drop down menu. If it is then select that and boot into Windows 10 setup. In Windows 10 setup make sure you delete all partitions on your drive and then create a brand new parition (GPT not MBR) and install Windows to that. The first time Windows reboots during setup you can pull out the USB drive.

yeah planning to do it that way, also disable legacy boot (unchecked) like support says?
then when it reboots (hopefully succesfully) but if it then gets stuck again on preparing devices

then what
Then I would just go with Legacy instead of UEFI.
Yeah could try that again then too
Although im not sure if this is a boot/bios thing
It does boot from the usb stick now, it does install now, then it reboots perfect until first windows screen comes up saying preparing devices (counting %) and gets stuck at 23%
If i then reboot from the install usb stick, and try to repair the booting into windows function, it says i cant repair it

strangely , if i then go to command prompt i can browse the ssd and i see all files there
(2016-04-11, 19:24)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 19:06)Skank Wrote: new build available

New Krypton MVC Windows build: April 11

With the Windows 7/8.1 drivers recommended earlier for my i5 Haswel 4250 NUC, installed in Windows 10, and the above build I'm getting Full HD 3D MVC decode and Frame Packed 24p output, and HD Audio bit streamed.

I have noticed that if I then play a 25p 2D file the display stays in 24p 3D mode still. (Same content fed to both eyes)

Some incredibly out of sync audio on 3D content too (seconds not ms), though this may have been caused by skipping. Live/Recorded TV is pretty good at a quick glance (not perfect and after a few minutes surfing between MPEG2 SD and H264 HD I got some jerkiness)

Amazing work though to the people behind this though, and I'm sure the niggles will be sorted.
(2016-04-12, 10:43)Skank Wrote: Yeah could try that again then too
Although im not sure if this is a boot/bios thing
It does boot from the usb stick now, it does install now, then it reboots perfect until first windows screen comes up saying preparing devices (counting %) and gets stuck at 23%
If i then reboot from the install usb stick, and try to repair the booting into windows function, it says i cant repair it

strangely , if i then go to command prompt i can browse the ssd and i see all files there

How long did u wait at preparing devices? I installed windows 10 on a slow pc a few weeks ago it took 2 hours, after an hour I was sure it was stuck but had and errand to run and when came home to it completed.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
10 min?
i dont see any activity from usb or ssd..
(2016-04-12, 13:12)Skank Wrote: 10 min?

10 minutes? Might need to exercise some patience.. It won't boot because u aren't letting the install finish I bet.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
(2016-04-12, 13:18)dukester Wrote:

10 minutes? Might need to exercise some patience.. It won't boot because u aren't letting the install finish I bet.

no, dont think so, installed that same version on +- same speed, and it doesnt take that long at all
will wait 20min then
but to go from 23% to say 25% it shouldnt take 20 minutes you know
(2016-04-12, 13:24)Skank Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 13:18)dukester Wrote:

no, dont think so, installed that same version on +- same speed, and it doesnt take that long at all
will wait 20min then
but to go from 23% to say 25% it shouldnt take 20 minutes you know

It shouldn't I'm just relaying my experience with installing windows 10, slow pcs can take a long time. I've seen what seems like ages on that preparing windows screen before but sure enough just leaving it alone works everytime.
gonna try all :p
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10