• 106(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-09-23, 02:20)woronczak Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 11:54)woronczak Wrote: I also concur. Everything seems to be working - HD audio, Dolby digital plus, 3d mkv and isos. Thanks afedchin!

I have a D34010WYK NUC and as above, all seems to be well.
Same here, working great w/same NUC, both 3D MVC MKV's and 3D ISO's. And, as I mentioned before, DD+ and TrueHD/ATMOS bitstreaming perfectly as well.

What's not working?
- 3D auto flipeyes for right-eye first titles Working (if headers are correct)
- 3D mode auto-engage for SBS and TAB titles
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Also Windows needs to be set to 1080p for the 3D to work, so if you're setting it to 4k@xxhz then it won't work.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
@hdmkv What's not working?
- 3D auto flipeyes for right-eye first titles.
i have tested a few titles rio promethus and they work for me.
I have a NUC5I5RYK,Win 10 64-bit with latest Intel driver (15.40.28.4501) and Kodi 22 Sep release.

Just finished a full 3d movie (x-men apocalypse) complete blu ray. Unfortunately, i faced some hang issues at the start of movie, but clicking rewind button solved this issue. Also, i faced a flip eyes issue (3D breakage) during the movie 1 time an solved by re sync the projector signal.

Overall i feel that the picture quality in 30th June build is better than 22 Sep build.
(2016-09-23, 23:31)bdreams Wrote: @hdmkv What's not working?
- 3D auto flipeyes for right-eye first titles.
i have tested a few titles rio promethus and they work for me.
Thanks... could be my hurried-up testing; will try again this evening.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-23, 13:56)p750mmx Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 12:55)NoTechi Wrote: [cut]

Also a question which most likely noone knows the answer but I try anyhow Wink. I got a Intel BB NUC5i3RYH Rock Canyon i3 with Win10 64bit connected to a Marantz SR6010 receiver and since the NUC just has HDMI 1.4 I now tried to use a adapter from Display Port to HDMI which is able to support all this HDR, 4k whatever highspeed. This is working well beside when I start a 3D movie with this MVC version. It looks like the receiver does not get any video signal anymore once the 3D movie is started and I have to use the task manager to kill Kodi. Using just the HDMI 1.4 NUC output the 3D movie is working fine. Any thoughts? Smile

However again really happy this NUC specific release exists. Many thanks to the developers! Smile

NoTechi
You do not say what DP to HDMI 2.x convertor you use, but if it is the one from Club 3D then they say this is compatible with Intel Skylake and newer (6th generation core series). Maybe there is where it goes wrong?

Yes thats exactly the adapter I got. All other resolutions like full hd or 4k are working fine. Just the 3D is not. Well going to keep it for my next NUC Wink
(2016-09-23, 08:17)Statikk Wrote: Unfortunately with the 9/22 build I still have the chapter skip/ff/rw issue with MVC MKVs that contain DolbyTrueHD audio. Sad Tested with Everest (which had the issue before) and also Warcraft. I'm running a DN2820 NUC.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue? Sad
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2016-09-24, 21:53)Statikk Wrote:
(2016-09-23, 08:17)Statikk Wrote: Unfortunately with the 9/22 build I still have the chapter skip/ff/rw issue with MVC MKVs that contain DolbyTrueHD audio. Sad Tested with Everest (which had the issue before) and also Warcraft. I'm running a DN2820 NUC.

Can anyone else reproduce this issue? Sad
I will report back tomorrow as I will install the new build tomorrow Smile
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
My bad. 3D auto flip-eyes is indeed working with this build, at least with two random right-eye first titles I tested with ('Peanuts' movie & 'Edge of Tomorrow').
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-25, 00:01)hdmkv Wrote: My bad. 3D auto flip-eyes is indeed working with this build, at least with two random right-eye first titles I tested with ('Peanuts' movie & 'Edge of Tomorrow').

Did you manually set the REF in the player's settings previously? If so, Kodi would have remembered that.
Not sure I follow you... REF? With 9/19 build, flip-eyes didn't happen automatically w/right-eye first titles. Working fine it appears with 9/22 build.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-09-25, 03:14)hdmkv Wrote: Not sure I follow you... REF? With 9/19 build, flip-eyes didn't happen automatically w/right-eye first titles. Working fine it appears with 9/22 build.

Right Eye First.

And the question was did you previously manually flip the eyes while watching a REF movie with the player controls.

If you did, Kodi will remember that you have manually made that change and will then flip eyes "automatically".

Also, how are you denoting which eye is first? Are you editing the header of the MKV?
99% of my 3D movies are ISO's, but in any case, 'Peanuts' movie & 'Edge of Tomorrow' which I mentioned do auto-flipeyes now. Will try a few more to verify.
My Family Room Theater
For some reason with this update audio passthrough stopped working (DTS, AC3, DTS-HD etc.). The June build had other issues but passthrough worked. The setup is exactly the same -

I tried disabling and enabling and in both the cases it seems Kodi does the decoding as Denon shows PCM and multi-channel. Re-installed Jarvis build in a temporary location and passthrough works there so not something on the PC. By the way, 3D seemed to work great but I didn't spend much time there due to this issue.

Anything else to look in particular before I try with a clean setup? Running W10 on i5-6500 (integrated video) with Gigabyte z170n motherboard. Thanks.
I'd try uninstalling w/removing profile (after backup), and doing a clean install of new build.
My Family Room Theater
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10