• 138(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-01-02, 07:52)wesk05 Wrote: There is no guarantee that this will work on AMD platform. There will be no hardware decoding of MVC. It will have to be software decoded.

Download libmfx32 from this thread (the original Windows 3D MVC thread) - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265299

You can download the latest Kodi MVC build here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2484613

The build per se doesn't have problem with SBS output. Whether you can get MVC decoding with your configuration is something that needs to be tested.
That worked perfectly, thanks!
(2017-01-02, 21:49)CyberWilhelm Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 21:24)Statikk Wrote: afedchin, have you been able to find the cause of (or develop a fix for) MVC MKVs with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack? They playback perfectly until you try to FF/RW or chapter skip. To be honest I haven't tried it on mainline Kodi yet but it's the only issue I have with the MVC build that is still there. Thanks for all of your hard work and Happy New Year! Smile
Out of curiosity, are you talking about a desync in the audio? I just tried that and experienced the same thing here.

I experienced this myself for the first time last night. We were watching Disturbia and half way through Kodi just crashed (black screen). I thought at first that my projector had overheated. It took me at least 5 minutes to get it going again. Is that what you were referring to or just a desyncing of audio?
Desyncing, no audio at all after a few chapter skip forward. And also at some point you can't even skip back chapters anymore. It just starts from the beginning.
It happens only with 3D movies that have Dolby TrueHD or Atmos.
It's been like that since the first build so I doubt there's anything afedchin can do but of course only He can answer that Wink
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2017-01-02, 19:34)Skank Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 19:20)afedchin Wrote:
Code:
17:54:34.647 T:4896 WARNING: CDVDInputStreamBluray - unhandled libbluray event 2 [param 0]
17:54:34.647 T:4896   DEBUG: CDVDInputStreamBluray::Logger - bluray.c:734: Read unit at 16957655040 failed !
something wrong with your ISO. perhaps you need to grab original bluray again. (event 2 means BD_EVENT_READ_ERROR)

Thx for your input so far, converting might fix it?
Why does any non kodi lpay it perfect then? It happens with ALL my iso´s played in 2d

@ afedchin and hdmkv?
Another stupid question. Does 3D not work at all through regular Kodi 17? Is @afedchin's work not included automatically in each new release? And is there any benefit to non-3D movies by running both side by side? i.e. non-3D play through new Kodi RC and 3D through afedchin release?
(2017-01-03, 12:34)chocco Wrote: Another stupid question. Does 3D not work at all through regular Kodi 17? Is @afedchin's work not included automatically in each new release? And is there any benefit to non-3D movies by running both side by side? i.e. non-3D play through new Kodi RC and 3D through afedchin release?
Not MVC.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-01-03, 12:37)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-01-03, 12:34)chocco Wrote: Another stupid question. Does 3D not work at all through regular Kodi 17? Is @afedchin's work not included automatically in each new release? And is there any benefit to non-3D movies by running both side by side? i.e. non-3D play through new Kodi RC and 3D through afedchin release?
Not MVC.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Why don't they include it in the main branch? @afedchin is part of the Kodi team after all.
because there is a couple barriers to include this into mainline, one of them is mvc fork requires ffmpeg patches which will be not accepted in upstream.
Oh I see. Thank you so much for your work! It's a huge community that is utterly reliant on you!
Just wanted to thank you guys for this awesome build and to add my NUC hardware to the list. My DC3217IYE NUC works just fine with the latest build. Does 3D from MVC MKVs perfectly.
(2017-01-04, 05:15)ToddUGA Wrote: Just wanted to thank you guys for this awesome build and to add my NUC hardware to the list. My DC3217IYE NUC works just fine with the latest build. Does 3D from MVC MKVs perfectly.

Welcome to Kodi and the awesome world of 3D MVCBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-01-04, 05:39)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 05:15)ToddUGA Wrote: Just wanted to thank you guys for this awesome build and to add my NUC hardware to the list. My DC3217IYE NUC works just fine with the latest build. Does 3D from MVC MKVs perfectly.

Welcome to Kodi and the awesome world of 3D MVCBig Grin

Thanks. Now I don't have to break out the Blu-ray player when I want to play a 3D movie on the projector. Rip, store on the server, and play through Kodi with the rest of my media. Sweet.
I thought I would post an update on the Beebox-S 7100U (Kaby Lake).

I've been tinkering with it for a few days now, and think everything is working as it should. I did notice on 12/26 they posted some HDMI drivers, and after applying those, 3D still does not work on the HDMI 2.0 port.

My settings are as follows (and using the True3d DP > HDMI 2.0 adapter):

Intel HD Settings following the first post guide, resolution set to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 hz.

Kodi settings match the guide in first post as well.

Results:

This is a 3d mvc iso.

This is a 4k @ 60fps sample video

This is a 4k movie @ 24fps

This is a 1080 movie, I do not understand why my TV is saying the source is 4096x2160. This is the only one not working as expected, as to why or if this is truly a problem, I do not know.

All of this would also work on the HDMI port above the display port, besides the 4k movie @ 60fps.
(2017-01-03, 12:00)chocco Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 21:49)CyberWilhelm Wrote:
(2017-01-02, 21:24)Statikk Wrote: afedchin, have you been able to find the cause of (or develop a fix for) MVC MKVs with a Dolby TrueHD soundtrack? They playback perfectly until you try to FF/RW or chapter skip. To be honest I haven't tried it on mainline Kodi yet but it's the only issue I have with the MVC build that is still there. Thanks for all of your hard work and Happy New Year! Smile
Out of curiosity, are you talking about a desync in the audio? I just tried that and experienced the same thing here.

I experienced this myself for the first time last night. We were watching Disturbia and half way through Kodi just crashed (black screen). I thought at first that my projector had overheated. It took me at least 5 minutes to get it going again. Is that what you were referring to or just a desyncing of audio?

Following on from the above, I watched another Truehd movie last night with the same result although this time I was using normal RC2 release rather than 3d fork. About 40 minutes in kodi just crashes. It comes back by itself if you wait 20 seconds, but when it does it's in a letterboxed format at minimum XGA resolution. Once fixed, it played for the rest of the movie. Has anyone experienced this before? Can I turn on debugging of it's for a whole movie? I don't know whether this is a kodi, Windows 10 or NUC issue so am just seeing if anyone has had anything similar. It would be very difficult for me to leave it in this state as it takes the enjoyment out of watching films. Thanks!
(2017-01-04, 05:56)Joshk6656 Wrote: I thought I would post an update on the Beebox-S 7100U (Kaby Lake).

I've been tinkering with it for a few days now, and think everything is working as it should. I did notice on 12/26 they posted some HDMI drivers, and after applying those, 3D still does not work on the HDMI 2.0 port.

My settings are as follows (and using the True3d DP > HDMI 2.0 adapter):

Intel HD Settings following the first post guide, resolution set to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 hz.

Kodi settings match the guide in first post as well.

Results:

This is a 3d mvc iso.

This is a 4k @ 60fps sample video

This is a 4k movie @ 24fps

This is a 1080 movie, I do not understand why my TV is saying the source is 4096x2160. This is the only one not working as expected, as to why or if this is truly a problem, I do not know.

All of this would also work on the HDMI port above the display port, besides the 4k movie @ 60fps.
How do you get that info to show on the screen like that?

Sent from my HTC 10
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10