• 145(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
beelink BT7 Atom X7 Z8700 unable to get 3d to function. Only plays in 2d mode. Is this chip compatible.
(2017-01-17, 15:28)hdmkv Wrote: Are you using your integrated Intel graphics card, and not the nVidia card?
I'm using the Nvidia card.
(2017-01-18, 01:56)Geoff29 Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 15:28)hdmkv Wrote: Are you using your integrated Intel graphics card, and not the nVidia card?
I'm using the Nvidia card.

that chipset supports nvidia 3D vision. i think though you may need to install it separately? IIRC i had to do that on my macbook pro running win10 which defaults to the nvidia mobile chipset it has. from there both the kodi mvc build and jriver + madvr + lav worked for 3D

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3d-vision
You'll get only software decode w/nVidia graphics cards (see here). For better performance and hardware decode, it's better to use Intel graphics with the Kodi MVC build.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Just to clarify, I'll have to use the HDMI output on my chipset to decode 3D MVC with Kodi? I tried this and I can't even get video out of it; I assume I have to remove my Nvidia card? I've never used the integrated graphics on my computer, and I'd hate to be stuck with it as I think the Nvidia card is more powerful. I've been using PowerDVD to play 3D with the video card, but I'd prefer Kodi as an "all in one" solution.

(2017-01-18, 03:08)TheShoe Wrote: that chipset supports nvidia 3D vision. i think though you may need to install it separately? IIRC i had to do that on my macbook pro running win10 which defaults to the nvidia mobile chipset it has. from there both the kodi mvc build and jriver + madvr + lav worked for 3D

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/3d-vision
I'm confused about what Nvidia 3D vision is, but I think I may already have it installed. I'm able to select stereoscopic 3D mode in the Nvidia control panel.
(2017-01-17, 07:49)Geoff29 Wrote: When I try to play a 3D MVC Blu-ray, the screen goes black, then it returns to the Kodi menu screen, but the audio is still playing. There is no video. I followed all the instruction in the original post. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

I'm using a HTPC with an i5-3570 CPU and Nvidia GTX 660.
I'm ignoring what is posted after above reaction because I ask myself if you did put the "libmfxsw32.dll" in the Kodi install dir?
On my test-system with Windows 10, Intel i5-4570S and nVidia GTX960, the latest build (still) works well with 3D when using the nVidia GPU.
Before placing the "lib..." file I was also getting audio only.

Edit: above reaction seems to be not up to date.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
libmfxsw32.dll isn't used wit HW accelerated decoding as at your screenshot.
(2017-01-18, 20:56)afedchin Wrote: libmfxsw32.dll isn't used wit HW accelerated decoding as at your screenshot.
You are right, the libmfxsw32.dll was erased when installing the latest build?
But in that case the problem with some nVidia GPU's that were only playing audio when 3D media was selected is gone with the latest build(s)?

I've changed nothing on the test hardware between builds. Do you have an explanation for this?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-01-12, 17:26)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, should work... I haven't seen any actual user reports using Intel HD Graphics 5500 yet however. 4600 yes, 6000 yes. If you get the i3-5005U, please let us know about 3D MVC on it.

Works nicely for 3D MVC and nice upgrade over Dell Micro 3050. You can add to spreadsheet. Everything is snappier. Only thing I havent figured out is it keeps putting my projector into 4k (30 fps) when using the Kodi interface. If I try to change it it keeps switching it back to 4k. Not a big deal but would like to know why.
Added, thanks.
My Family Room Theater
There's so much discussion about the various devices it's easy to get lost. Right now what is the best (and least expensive) stand-alone device that will give full 3D playback, 4K not required, and works better than a Raspberry Pi3?
Standalone... Zidoo X8 for $109. It isn't perfect, but has improved significantly since release (especially the latest firmware), supports both 3D ISO's and MVC MKV's, does HD audio well, and outputs proper 23.976. If you want almost rock-solid 3D playback, then a NUC/HTPC w/Kodi MVC build. Not really a standalone set-top box, and need to use Windows, but works reliably well.

HiMedia Q5 Pro is also a consideration, and maybe a bit more stable than Zidoo, but there's no 23.976 support and no idea when (or if) it'll happen.
My Family Room Theater
Using a Windows 10 based tiny PC isn't an issue but there's a number of different NUC units that range in price quite dramatically.

I'd like to replace a Rasp Pi2 that is just SLOOOOOW and using OpenElec makes things even more difficult.
(2017-01-20, 07:16)Charger Hellcat Wrote: Using a Windows 10 based tiny PC isn't an issue but there's a number of different NUC units that range in price quite dramatically.

I'd like to replace a Rasp Pi2 that is just SLOOOOOW and using OpenElec makes things even more difficult.

A Pi 3 is a significant improvement over the Pi 2, and almost everyone using Pis has switched from OpenElec to LibreElec I think. What are your issues with OpenElec? I find with LibreElec 'it just works'. I certainly find it more optimised as an 'appliance' than a Windows PC.
Pi3 is faster than Pi2, but I still find it a little sluggish honestly, even on LibreELEC, especially compared to other 3D options (Intel PC, Zidoo, HiMedia).
My Family Room Theater
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10