• 205(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2018-05-05, 13:06)afedchin Wrote: UWP version

Thank a lot for your builds! Really great work.
Is UWP version something better then usual? Will it have 3D iso playback and external players support, as I use foobar for SACD music?
(2018-05-05, 21:10)z-dima Wrote: Is UWP version something better then usual?

The main target is Xbox platform. UWP has some restrictions so UWP version of Kodi has a bit less functionality. But in general they are identical.
(2018-05-05, 13:06)afedchin Wrote: UWP version 
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/t...-will-die/

(sorry for the slightly off topic post Wink just wanted to share my opinion on making UWP development a priority. But of course it's everyones own choice what to focus on and what priorities to choose... )
(2018-05-06, 12:13)kaefert Wrote: just wanted to share my opinion on making UWP development a priority.

it's not your opinion...
(2018-05-06, 12:32)afedchin Wrote: it's not your opinion...
 What? how? I think there might be a misunderstanding here. I think I can choose whatever opinion I like, at least that's how it works here in Austria Wink
@hdmkv I do have a question, I currently have two Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, is it worth going to the I3 Intel D34010WYK NUC with windows for 3D playback or will I see much improvement?  I see you reviewed both and was just asking for your opinion if it was worth purchasing if I already have the celeron one?  Thank you.
Yes, it is. Faster, more stable. Having said this, I recently stepped away from D34010WYK NUC and I'm solely using Zidoo X9S for my 3D + 4K needs. PM me if you're interested in my D34010WYK (not looking to profit, just find it a home at cost or lower).
(2018-05-08, 01:05)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, it is. Faster, more stable. Having said this, I recently stepped away from D34010WYK NUC and I'm solely using Zidoo X9S for my 3D + 4K needs. PM me if you're interested in my D34010WYK (not looking to profit, just find it a home at cost or lower).
 Why is that?
Sorry for the OFF, but just as for warning (from what I've read in another reliable Forum):

Current Zidoo's have some PQ deficiencies with clipping.
Also: have troubles with incorrect DVD aspect ratio, 25p, 50i, 50p all switches output to 50i, and has some framedrop issues as well, due to not 100% matching freq switching: 
1080p29.97 -> 1080p29.965
720p30 -> 720p24
1080p23.976 -> 1080p23.972
2160p59.94 -> 2160p29.965
2160p23.976 -> 2160p23.972 

This last maybe related to the Realtek SOC and all players equipped with it in general (apparently also including the new flagship Dunes, so beware). 

My Q10 Pro still plays 3D ISO's on 24Hz rather than 23.976, but I guess there's still not any all-round matching alternative that I would switch for in the Android Player era. 

Still -not so- OFF: I would be interested in to see some feedback regarding how 2200G / 2200GE with Vega 8 IGPs perform in 3D MVC with the -yet- possible playback solutions.
@Skank, leaving Intel MVC solution as Zidoo is easier to use (set-top box vs. PC) and does both 3D & 4K very well. Including auto refresh/resolution/color space switching. Also, future of 3D w/Intel & Kodi is iffy.
(2018-05-10, 19:21)hdmkv Wrote: @Skank, leaving Intel MVC solution as Zidoo is easier to use (set-top box vs. PC) and does both 3D & 4K very well. Including auto refresh/resolution/color space switching. Also, future of 3D w/Intel & Kodi is iffy.
 You probably got the best zidoo device, had so much issue with it I had to stop using it.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You have a X8 right? I've had the same X9S unit since almost two years ago. Steps forward, back along the way, but the latest beta IMHO has been the best overall so far.
Best device here for me is zidoo indeed
but as soon as vero 4k has 3d support (yes it will come)
that device overwhelmes zidoo.
I'm not so sure 3D will come to Vero 4K (would love to be proven wrong). It has been teased & pretty much promised for I think 6 months or so. Recent comments like "there will be at least half-resolution output in the near future" to now "MVC works but only in MKV format" don't inspire confidence.
(2018-05-11, 20:44)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not so sure 3D will come to Vero 4K (would love to be proven wrong). It has been teased & pretty much promised for I think 6 months or so. Recent comments like "there will be at least half-resolution output in the near future" to now "MVC works but only in MKV format" don't inspire confidence.
Kodi v18 will almost certainly depend on a new version of libbluray and I am not sure the maintainer who adds these enablement patches to libbluray is still active.
As such, Pi would also lose 3D MVC support. I know that there are efforts to try and keep things working.

I think I've covered the topic of 3D, but let me know if you need any details or clarification. As per your request in PM, I'm happy to send you a sample if released. 

We didn't promise support in any way -- we just said it was something we were working on. We've learned from this now and we're much more conservative in what we announce beforehand.

Sam
  • 205(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10