• 217(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi @afedchin

i found a small bug: after stopping a MVC movie, refreshrate doesn't get changed back. It works for normal movies.

Refreshrate change at start/stop is activated in Kodi settings.

Edit - One more bug:
When using limited range (16-235), brightness seems to be too much. That only happens in MVC mode.
(2019-02-09, 06:16)K0D1User1138 Wrote: 2 questions. Your sig says you are using HDMI 1.4 for audio but HDMI 2.0 for 4K and 3D? Is that correct? And if so, why a different HDMI for audio?

Second, I am trying to set-up an Optiplex360 (older workstation style PC I got from a friend) and can't get RealTek HD Audio to install. The Windows driver won't do lossless audio passthrough. Does the windows driver you are using do passthrough fully?
As it says in my sig., the 1.4 output is for the HD-audio formats, my TV (and most) don't pass trough HD-audio, DTS is the max in most cases.

Your Optiplex seems to be pre HD-audio era, DD & DTS max (if I'm not mistaken), with the Intel® G31Express Chipset and Realtek alc888 audio? Beside that, you can't use a driver that isn't compatible with the on-board hardware.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2019-02-09, 11:48)Morpog Wrote: Hi @afedchin

i found a small bug: after stopping a MVC movie, refreshrate doesn't get changed back. It works for normal movies.

Refreshrate change at start/stop is activated in Kodi settings.

Edit - One more bug:
When using limited range (16-235), brightness seems to be too much. That only happens in MVC mode.
 Debug log: https://hastebin.com/pimabokusu.makefile

Edit: seems that not using "fullscreen window" option seems to fix the not changing back refresh rate
@Morpog, it seems that 24Hz is the standard refresh-rate after Kodi is started (says my monitor info)? My desktop, by default is at 60Hz, but changes to 24Hz in Kodi.
After starting a 60Hz video Kodi matches this accordingly, and after stopping the video, it goes back to 24Hz.

I can test it only on my Full HD 3D (1080p) setup at this moment (can't test my 4k TV right now). I don't use the 16-235 limit, it's not necessary on my setup's, and this also goes for the "Fullscreen" option, never got this option active as well.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
My Kodi uses 50hz in main menu now again after disabling full screen window, 24hz feels too choppy. I think Leia uses the Desktops refresh rate for the menu by default.
Has anyone tried this nuc - NUC8i3CYS ?
It uses a Radeon 540 rather than Intel graphics and thus shouldn't have the LSPCon / native HDMI 2 Issue that all the Intel graphics Nucs recently have had...

The tech info on this from:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/suppor...odSpec.pdf

Show native 3d MVC support:

The AMD Radeon graphics controller features the following:
 Supports HDR video playback.
 Multi View Coding (MVC) support for Blu-ray 3D content.
 3D graphics hardware acceleration supporting DirectX* 9.3/10/11.3/12, OpenCL* 2.0,
OpenGL 4.5
 Dedicated Unified Video Decoder hardware (UVD) for H.264, HEVC, VC-1, MPEG-4, MPEG-
2, and MVC decode
 Supports AC-3, MPEG1, MP3 (MPEG1 layer 3), MPEG2, AAC, DTS, ATRAC, Dolby Digital+,
WMA Pro, and DTS-HD
 Supports content protection using High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 2.2
 Support only GDDR5 DRAM.

OEM version comes with a spinner 1tb but simplynuc sells it with SSD options.

Would this be a good option to try for achieving both HD bitstreaming audio and 3d MVC playback?
(2019-02-09, 13:28)p750mmx Wrote:
(2019-02-09, 06:16)K0D1User1138 Wrote: 2 questions. Your sig says you are using HDMI 1.4 for audio but HDMI 2.0 for 4K and 3D? Is that correct? And if so, why a different HDMI for audio?

Second, I am trying to set-up an Optiplex360 (older workstation style PC I got from a friend) and can't get RealTek HD Audio to install. The Windows driver won't do lossless audio passthrough. Does the windows driver you are using do passthrough fully?
As it says in my sig., the 1.4 output is for the HD-audio formats, my TV (and most) don't pass trough HD-audio, DTS is the max in most cases.

Your Optiplex seems to be pre HD-audio era, DD & DTS max (if I'm not mistaken), with the Intel® G31Express Chipset and Realtek alc888 audio? Beside that, you can't use a driver that isn't compatible with the on-board hardware. 
 How are you using 2 HMDI outputs? I mean, what is your setup? Apologies if it seems "simple" but I'm not visualizing it. 

I was hoping to use the Optiplex for my dad's set-up to replace a slow and very frustrating Raspberry Pi. He has a lossless receiver and 3D Panasonic Plasma. Trying to find information about the hardware is tricky though. And thus far I've not seen a video card option that accomplishes MVC 3D, or am I mistaken?

I've also always had issues getting RealTek to install on the set-ups I've built, MVC or otherwise, as the Windows default (and not lossless) codec likes to push it's weight around.

Would upgrading to this new Leia build help things out? I'm looking at experimenting with it but my access to 3D is more limited unfortunately. My display purchases fell between the just barely pre-3D to the current 3D Hahahaha stages of retail. Despite just watching The Grinch in 3D and it was fantastic.
@K0D1User1138, the Shuttle DH270 I use has 3 HDMI ports, I use 1 only for video, 1 other only for audio. Windows 10 has this option under video/audio settings.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I was very frustrated that I couldn't see my 3D MVC rips with Kodi.  I couldn't understand what the problem was.  I thought I ripped them wrong and re-ripped many times ... and then I read this thread.  Especially the last 5 or 6 pages.  Now I've got great full 3D playback on my Epson projector.  I used the Kodi build listed a few pages earlier and designated as KodiSetup-v18.1-RC1-x64-MVC-WIP1 on page 215.  Installed x64.

For others:
HTPC
Win10 64
Gigabyte board
i3 7100 Kaby Lake (using onboard graphics

All latest drivers and Windows Updates.

HDMI 1.4 to Pioneer receiver to projector

Passes both TrueDD and DTSHD bitstream sound

Kodi preferred stereoscopic: Hardware.  Also I turned on 3D within Windows.
(2019-02-07, 01:06)hdmkv Wrote: Anyone using this successfully w/HDMI 2.0 only h/w?
 Not with Kodi but Stereoscopic Player under Windows seems to work fine in 3D MVC mode with my I3-8300 and HDMI 2.0 port (DP Converted).
So, PowerDVD or similar. Wonder if there any NUC's w/non-DP converted HDMI 2.0 w/Intel graphics. @Astrocyte74 mentioned a NUC8i3CYS w/Radeon 540 a few post up.
@Morpog, is it your "ambition" to keep up with the final versions of Kodi that are released, as in 18.1 at this time?
@p750mmx, I would be fine building new releases, but it would need @afedchin doing the hard work rebasing the code for new releases and fixing bugs if new code collides with mvc specific code.

So, it's not really up to me.
Leia is also not currently compatible with the CinemaVision add-on and the dev for CV seems to have gone AWOL. I think I'll be sticking with Krypton for awhile longer, though I do appreciate the efforts of others to move MVC forward.
Anyone knows, if full 3D support is possible on a NUC7i3 system?
I installed both Kodi 17 and 18 versions from this thread, but I can see "only" Over/Under, SidebySide, Anaglyph, Checkerboard and Interlaced Huh
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver
  • 217(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10