• 14(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
oops I'm up to 5 days now calling it a night well let you knowhow it goestomorrow.
Glad to hear it fixed the channel listing issue. I'm thinking I should add a "delete cache" option to the config settings so you can do that from the kodi interface. That way you only have to work in the kodi interface and the tvheadend web interface for channel changes/updates.

If it gets hungup - please let me know!
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
OK, for the last hour or so I've started at 2 days in cache to and am up to 7 days. That's all the days I want uploaded anyway and I didn't have to delete the cache dir anytime in the process, a cache delete option in the kodi interface would be nice if you could make it work.Then I added 3 channels to the zap2it webpage and made another grab, they were in the xmltv.xml file and in the EPG Source drop down list in the Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channels tab so I changed each new channel to the zap2it source and clicked save and looked on kodi's EPG to see if they were there, theyweren't. I refreshed tvheadend to doublecheck the channels to see if they were still there, they weren't. They were in the xmltv.xml file though so I was scratching my head. One channel I added was channel 38.2 on zap2it's web page and in the xmltv.xml file.so I deleted the cache dir again and did another grab. The channels showed up again in the Configuration>Channel/EPG>Channels tab, I refreshed TVH again to see if the channels were still there, they weren't. I went through the process 4 more times still no channel 38.2 saved....grrrr. Then I scrolled around and saw that channels call letters were being saved as 24.5 not 38.2 like it is in the zap2it webpage or the xmltv.xml file....grrrr again...long story short the channels are on kodi just in a order in a order I wasn't expecting.
You can set the kodi interface to use the channel mapping/numbers from tvheadend. Then you can override the channel numbers in tvheadend if you want by editing them in the channels tab of the web interface.

When you make guide changes in tvheadend - kodi will likely not read them unless you reboot. It should update when you select the purge guide data function in kodi - but that has never really worked for me. Make your changed in tvh then reboot the system and all should be updated.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
In kodi I had "Use channel numbers from back end" in general TV settings already selected if that's what your referring too that's why when tvheadend renumbered those news channels I was scratching my head. I changed the new channel numbers in tvheadend to match the channel numbers on the zap2it web page saved the TVH tab and rebooted and the numbers are as they should be now. Thanks for the help.

I don't know if this is Zap2xml EPG related or not but one channel is set to record show after show for the full 7 days my cache is set to. have you ever heard of that happening?
Haven't heard of that issue with the recordings - but you should check under the tvheadend digital video recorder tab and see if you have any autorecordings setup. Maybe something got set for channel instead of show title - so all shows are being recorded? Also look under the upcoming recordings in that web interface and you can sort by the channel and delete them if it is a kong list of entries.

Glad the channel numbers are back in place!
Under Upcoming Recordings in the TVH DVR tab there were 8 pages of recordings,all on channel 15.1 On the DVR AutoRecord Entries tab were 5 recordings I added all happen to be on channel 15.1, but I just installed this new version of kodi and left the day option to any day and the time to anytime I changed it to one day and time each and the Upcoming Recordings went from 8 pages to 5 recordings. It was my fault....sigh
How do I get zap2xml to pick up a new channel? One of the local broadcasters has added IONTV. I've gone into zap2it, logged in, and added the channel to my list of favorities.
I've also gone into TVheadend and added the service.
So, in Kodi I can see the channel & can tune to it. But I have no schedule info for it.
I've also rebooted my TVheadend back end PC a couple of times.
OE 6.95.3
TVH v4.0.9
zap2xml 0.4.6

I've tried changing zap2xml to pull all changes & to pull just my favs. Neither pulled the new info.
Any suggestions?
Unfortunately there is some kind of bug that's been discovered where it uses the previous cache info to generate the channel list. In order to get it to pull the new channels, you have to delete the cache files of the guide.

You'll need to ssh to the following folder: ...\kodi\addons\script.module.zap2xml\cache

Then delete the files that have *******.html.gz as the extension. You don't have to delete the ******.js.gz files as these are the extra details and icon downloads if you have those enabled.

After you delete those - you should be able to rerun the grabber and the new channel should now be in the tvh source for you to attach it to the channel. Once you add it in tvh, you will likely have to reboot to get kodi to read in the new channel.

When I get some time - I need to investigate why it is not pulling new channels in - but this should fix it for you. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
(2017-05-02, 18:40)edit4ever Wrote: Unfortunately there is some kind of bug that's been discovered where it uses the previous cache info to generate the channel list. In order to get it to pull the new channels, you have to delete the cache files of the guide.

You'll need to ssh to the following folder: ...\kodi\addons\script.module.zap2xml\cache

Then delete the files that have *******.html.gz as the extension. You don't have to delete the ******.js.gz files as these are the extra details and icon downloads if you have those enabled.

After you delete those - you should be able to rerun the grabber and the new channel should now be in the tvh source for you to attach it to the channel. Once you add it in tvh, you will likely have to reboot to get kodi to read in the new channel.

When I get some time - I need to investigate why it is not pulling new channels in - but this should fix it for you. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
I didn't use ssh because I have smb shares set up so I went to
\\OPENELEC\kodi\addons\script.module.zap2xml\cache
and deleted everything.
I wasn't sure how to rerun the grabber so I reboot the box.
html.gz files came back to that folder but I still had no epg source in TVH.
After a second reboot the EPG source showed up in TVH and I think I'm all set.
Thanks for the incredibly fast response.
Glad it worked! Hopefully I can track down why it's not pulling in new channels automatically...but at least there's a workaround!
I'm not sure if this is an issue here or more broadly with Kodi but...
I just updated the linux box that hosts my TVH backend. I moved from openelec/kodi 16.x to libreELEC/kodi 17.x and now I have no guide information in Kodi. The channels are all there but there's no program info.
If I go into the TVH web interface my guide info is there. It just isn't getting to my Kodi backend or any of my kodi frontends (All 17.3)
I've reboot the backend three times so I'm kinda at the end of my technical skills.
On the web interface it says the TVH is
HTS Tvheadend 4.0.9 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v.102
so I wonder if i need to do something to update that?
Any thoughts before I repost this in a broader subforum?

**update**
Nevermind. Apparently patience was all that was needed. In the time it took me to write this question the guide info showed up.
Thanks anyway.
I've noticed that the kodi guide can take a reboot and a few minutes to update itself at times.

BTW - If you've updated to LibreELEC running 17.x of kodi - you should be updating the tvh addon to 4.2.x or higher. The addoins should update automaticaly - unless you have tuirned that off.
(2017-06-12, 23:47)edit4ever Wrote: I've noticed that the kodi guide can take a reboot and a few minutes to update itself at times.

BTW - If you've updated to LibreELEC running 17.x of kodi - you should be updating the tvh addon to 4.2.x or higher. The addoins should update automaticaly - unless you have tuirned that off.

I'll check the addon in the AM. If it hasn't updated I'll force it.
(2017-06-13, 03:25)rcrh Wrote:
(2017-06-12, 23:47)edit4ever Wrote: I've noticed that the kodi guide can take a reboot and a few minutes to update itself at times.

I'll check the addon in the AM. If it hasn't updated I'll force it.
Well I've made a mess of that!!!
I updated the CLIENT on my libreELEC box and the SERVER stopped running. I then found the SERVICE addon and updated that but it only went to version 4.0.9-12 (from the libreelec addon repository).
Now the SERVER won't start. I get this message if I try to access the client:
TVHEADEND HTSP Client... Service does not respond properly.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4