• 18(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-29, 00:22)sdfguerreiro Wrote: Ok, i understand that, but how can i access or create .update folder if it's on a bootloop? Any method? Because my entire system toked so much time.... it's enough to create .update folder and copy tar file? And where?

Thanks....

When you say "bootloop" do you really mean the entire device is rebooting rather than Kodi simply restarting? If your device is restarting, maybe it's time for a clean install.

If however it's just Kodi restarting (which is far more likely) you should still be able to access it with ssh, assuming you enabled it before Kodi started crashing. If you haven't enabled ssh in the *ELEC Settings addon, you'll need to enable it by adding "ssh" to the end of your line in /flash/cmdline.txt. You can edit this file on a Windows PC if you mount the SD card in a card reader.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-27, 12:24)ElectricPim Wrote: Having trouble to get Wifi channel 13 working on a RPI3.
Succeeded in Raspbian after rpi-update to kernel 4.4, but LibreElec is already on 4.6:

Can you test latest build?
No, it's really a bootloop. Goes into the animated logo of kodi and restarts imediately. And this is happening on the same last build and in both Rpi B and Rpi2b...

Edit: Managed to ssh through WinSCP and cd storage/.update (which is not visible) and wget latest build, then reboot. All ok now!

Great to have this kind of support! Thank you all!

(2016-04-29, 00:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 00:22)sdfguerreiro Wrote: Ok, i understand that, but how can i access or create .update folder if it's on a bootloop? Any method? Because my entire system toked so much time.... it's enough to create .update folder and copy tar file? And where?

Thanks....

When you say "bootloop" do you really mean the entire device is rebooting rather than Kodi simply restarting? If your device is restarting, maybe it's time for a clean install.

If however it's just Kodi restarting (which is far more likely) you should still be able to access it with ssh, assuming you enabled it before Kodi started crashing. If you haven't enabled ssh in the *ELEC Settings addon, you'll need to enable it by adding "ssh" to the end of your line in /flash/cmdline.txt. You can edit this file on a Windows PC if you mount the SD card in a card reader.
(2016-04-29, 00:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 00:06)ViktorM Wrote: Thanks for the builds!

I know this is not the right place, but I need a few pointers on how to build transmission-daemon, on the latest build libcrypto.so is updated, and I couldn't figure out how to remount /opt to RW so I could try to ln -s it, and hope that's all it needs.

transmission-daemon: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You're right it's not the right place - please start your own thread.

Thanks, willing to learn, and don't want to burden the thread, but for the time being I'd really appreciate it if you could do a new quick build of transmission addon?
(2016-04-29, 00:48)sdfguerreiro Wrote: No, it's really a bootloop. Goes into the animated logo of kodi and restarts imediately. And this is happening on the same last build and in both Rpi B and Rpi2b...

That's really not a "bootloop" - that's just Kodi crashing, ie. the Kodi application is restarting continuously, but not the device. It would be better to call this a "crash loop".

I hate to be pedantic, but it's actually a rather big deal to describe these errors correctly in this thread... Smile

(2016-04-29, 00:48)sdfguerreiro Wrote: Edit: Managed to ssh through WinSCP and cd storage/.update (which is not visible) and wget latest build, then reboot. All ok now!

Depending on your tool, folders and files with a . (dot) prefix are normally hidden in Linux/Unix, and it's totally normal if you don't see the ".update" folder. However you could access this file from your Windows PC using the Samba share - as documented in the Install instructions (see post, section "Installing") - where the "Update" folder should be visible.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-29, 00:55)ViktorM Wrote: Thanks, willing to learn, and don't want to burden the thread, but for the time being I'd really appreciate it if you could do a new quick build of transmission addon?

Can't at the moment, as it's not yet in the LibreELEC repository. As I explained in post #176, it (and related addons) may never be supported - that's currently out of my hands.
I would like to make the switch from openelec to libreelec. If have been using the milhouse builds domein time now.

The one question I have is, will my addons keep working?
MMAL bug:

Recordings I make with VDR momentarily show grey artefacts when seeking through them. Also happens when simply watching live TV/time shifting. Sample link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sblxrlqtk1zuvvp/00001.ts?dl=0

OMX plays the file just fine

Thanks
(2016-04-29, 00:40)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 12:24)ElectricPim Wrote: Having trouble to get Wifi channel 13 working on a RPI3.
Succeeded in Raspbian after rpi-update to kernel 4.4, but LibreElec is already on 4.6:

Can you test latest build?

Not working Sad
Channels 12 & 13 will only work in regions that permit them. By default the interface comes up allowing channels 1-11, but if the country code is set to GB (or some other European country) then 12 and 13 become available.

Raspbian sets the country code from /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf (e.g. "country=GB"), which you can change using raspi-config (Internationalisation Options -> Change Wi-fi Country). I haven't found an equivalent setting in LibreElec.

I'll discuss the options with @popcornmix.
Now that the nightlies are hosted on a different server, it's serving the downloads with a general "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" header instead of the more appropriate "Content-Type: application/x-tar" header. Would it be possible to configure the new server to properly serve the correct content type header? This makes processing the downloads from within a browser a tat less painful since it'll allow you to open the files right away instead of having to safe them somewhere first.
(2016-04-29, 14:57)PhilE Wrote: Channels 12 & 13 will only work in regions that permit them. By default the interface comes up allowing channels 1-11, but if the country code is set to GB (or some other European country) then 12 and 13 become available.

Raspbian sets the country code from /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf (e.g. "country=GB"), which you can change using raspi-config (Internationalisation Options -> Change Wi-fi Country). I haven't found an equivalent setting in LibreElec.

I'll discuss the options with @popcornmix.

Timezone country?
They are codes of the same format as the timezone country (iso3166), but it is a different use of them.
Weirdly I had the crash/reboot loop yesterday too on the v.320 Openelec Milhouse Krypton build.

Was wondering why the test builds on the Dev Update app had stopped for Mr Milhouse,

It was then I decided to make the jump to LibreELEC. If Kodi is going to remain a free app it had to happen and as a user I'm glad it did.

Just a suggestion, but It would have been easier if there were actual disk images for the test builds available though when you're doing that fresh install.

(Loved the drummer in the band analogy for going it alone BTW.)

An update from Leopold for the DEV update add-on would be much welcomed also!
(2016-04-29, 09:07)elegantchaos Wrote: I would like to make the switch from openelec to libreelec. If have been using the milhouse builds domein time now.

The one question I have is, will my addons keep working?

Don't think so, you need to get the diskimage for LibreELEC on your PI's memory card, then copy a milhouse test build over ssh to the .update folder on your PI.

Thats what i did anyway. Boots WAY faster than using NOOBS doing it that method too.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19