• 19(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-29, 16:13)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: An update from Leopold for the DEV update add-on would be much welcomed also!

https://github.com/miigotu/script.libreelec.devupdate/
I just installed LibreELEC on my RPi 2 and updated it with the latest testbuild.
I use a usb remote receiver with a Microsoft MCE remote.
What I noticed is that on LibreELEC 7.0 when I press and hold the Arrow keys on the remote they are repeated as they should, but after the update with the testbuild they are not.
So I have to click the keys again and again to scroll through lists etc.

Is there anything/file I can change to get the normal behavoir back?

Thanks in advance!
(2016-04-29, 09:07)elegantchaos Wrote: I would like to make the switch from openelec to libreelec. If have been using the milhouse builds domein time now.

The one question I have is, will my addons keep working?
Yes and no. It depends what version of OpenELEC you're upgrading from - the most common reason for addons not working is libressl updates, which usually means you need a more recent build of the add-on. A lot of add-ons should continue working without any problems.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-29, 15:19)Forage Wrote: Now that the nightlies are hosted on a different server, it's serving the downloads with a general "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" header instead of the more appropriate "Content-Type: application/x-tar" header. Would it be possible to configure the new server to properly serve the correct content type header? This makes processing the downloads from within a browser a tat less painful since it'll allow you to open the files right away instead of having to safe them somewhere first.
Thanks, I'll take a look.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-29, 16:13)BUGGERLUGZ Wrote: Just a suggestion, but It would have been easier if there were actual disk images for the test builds available though when you're doing that fresh install.

While publishing upgrades in .img.gz file format is now possible with LibreELEC I prefer .tar files as it's easier to extract files from the .tar, and also I'm able to embed details of each build inside the .tar (which is more difficult with .img.gz). Also, upgrading using the .tar file is always going to be a little quicker and kinder on your SD card than .img.gz.

As there'd be no point in me publishing both .tar *and* .img.gz files (I'd drop .tar if I ever published .img.gz) I continue to publish what is for me the more flexible, faster and easier to use upgrade file format. Anyone looking to perform a fresh .img install can use the latest disk image LibreELEC release then upgrade as normal using the .tar.
(2016-04-29, 15:19)Forage Wrote: Now that the nightlies are hosted on a different server, it's serving the downloads with a general "Content-Type: application/octet-stream" header instead of the more appropriate "Content-Type: application/x-tar" header. Would it be possible to configure the new server to properly serve the correct content type header? This makes processing the downloads from within a browser a tat less painful since it'll allow you to open the files right away instead of having to safe them somewhere first.

Should be fixed now.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0429b: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc5 #1 Fri Apr 29 23:27:35 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2016 11:10:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9b52ab7b475f4a056658fd2d95d2440b32167390 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160429232628-#0429b-gac8e298 [Build #0429b]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002464.568: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (ac8e298b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b6ddce80, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. #0429b: Reverted Apple remote change - breaks MCE remotes
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Linux update to 4.6 (PR:183, 11 commits, 45 files changed)
    • LibreELEC addon repository: change to xml.gz (PR:175, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • WeTek_Core/WeTek_Play: fix new cec driver patch (PR:230, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • system-tools: initial add-on (PR:232, 27 commits, 47 files changed)
    • network-tools: initial add-on (PR:233, 17 commits, 23 files changed)
    • dvb-tools: initial add-on (PR:234, 6 commits, 13 files changed)
    • multimedia-tools: initial add-on (PR:235, 8 commits, 15 files changed)
    • fixes and picks from seo (PR:247, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek*: Fix build with Kodi 17 (PR:256, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • tvheadend xmltv fix (PR:255, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • rpi-tools: move depends to rpi-tools-depends (PR:236, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Python: fix build by including $ROOT (PR:261, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [doxygen] add code guidelines (PR:9687, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • cmake: Handle ENABLE_VAAPI and ENABLE_VDPAU both being disabled correctly (PR:9693, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [OSX] Fix non working apple remote / universal ir remote / harmony (PR:9656, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [pvr] - make running instance aware of changed settings (PR:9707, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] Cosmetics (PR:9711, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [cmake][linux] Insert PulseAudio block into kodi-standalone (PR:9709, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.argustv:
    • Dependencies are not needed from brew/apt-get (PR:55, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Dependencies are not needed from brew/apt-get (PR:24, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. pvr.pctv:
    • Dependencies are not needed from brew/apt-get (PR:37, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  6. pvr.stalker:
    • Dependencies are not needed from brew/apt-get (PR:59, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Reverted: [pkg] PR:9656: [OSX] Fix non working apple remote / universal ir remote / harmony (Reason: breaks LEFT/RIGHT)
Anyone that reported problems adding shortcuts that were not being saved after a reboot, can you confirm if this problem is still present in build #0428 and later? Hopefully it's fixed now.
I like the new splash screen. Is there any way you can get rid of the first one (the tree) and the last one (kodi standard)? The new one covers what's going on Smile
The tree should be replaced by the new logo in the latest builds. You can disable the first LE splash by adding "nosplash" to /flash/cmdline.txt. Disable the Kodi splash by adding <splash>false</splash> to advancedsettings.xml.
Thanks Milhouse. I managed to disable the Kodi splash but I can't save cmdline.txt using nano (via ssh). Also the new splash cuts short before it flips over into the Kodi logo.

[ Error writing cmdline.txt: Read-only file system ]
Any hope of working addons "VNC via DispmanX" ? Thanks info !
(2016-04-30, 11:26)mark2112 Wrote: Thanks Milhouse. I managed to disable the Kodi splash but I can't save cmdline.txt using nano (via ssh). Also the new splash cuts short before it flips over into the Kodi logo.

[ Error writing cmdline.txt: Read-only file system ]

mount -o remount,rw /flash
nano /flash/cmdline.txt
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-04-29, 21:23)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 09:07)elegantchaos Wrote: I would like to make the switch from openelec to libreelec. If have been using the milhouse builds domein time now.

The one question I have is, will my addons keep working?
Yes and no. It depends what version of OpenELEC you're upgrading from - the most common reason for addons not working is libressl updates, which usually means you need a more recent build of the add-on. A lot of add-ons should continue working without any problems.

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a shot. And make a back-up first. I am using the last openelec milhouse build. And don't use a lot of addons. Mainly some radio stations and a Spotify add-podcast-feeds-xbmc-media-center.
(2016-04-30, 12:04)Rossi1 Wrote: Any hope of working addons "VNC via DispmanX" ? Thanks info !

I've asked for it to be added.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19