• 36(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-14, 18:41)darebee Wrote: What YouTube add-on works with this version of LibreELEC? None of the ones I have work and I can't seem to find it in any repositories.

Thanks! - Darren

I only know of the bromix YouTube addon from the Kodi repository

http://addons.kodi.tv/show/plugin.video.youtube/

which I thought was working last time I briefly tried it (a few days ago) but I don't believe it's being maintained any longer. But you should still be able to install it.

I don't know what other add-ons you've tried, or what errors/problems you had without a debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The current forked version of the YouTube add-on (based from Bromix's one) is detailed in this thread . There are download links for the add-on and its repo in the first post of that thread.

How well it works with these Krypton builds I don't know.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-05-11, 12:34)Warez Wrote: In the upcoming Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. Also, <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize>.
<cache>
<memorysize>0</memorysize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams in memory
When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM -->
<buffermode>0</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
3) No buffer -->
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 4.0. -->
</cache>

Although I did it like this (but using the new "readfactor" instead of "readbufferfactor") buffering doesn't work with the actual builds. So I cannot play my streams without heavy stuttering:-(.
(2016-05-14, 20:51)ChrisM001 Wrote: Although I did it like this (but using the new "readfactor" instead of "readbufferfactor") buffering doesn't work with the actual builds. So I cannot play my streams without heavy stuttering:-(.

Can you provide a full debug log (wiki) while playing various streams that previously did cache? Also a screenshot if the CodecOSD for one of the streams during playback?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-14, 20:51)ChrisM001 Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 12:34)Warez Wrote: In the upcoming Kodi v17, the following tags are removed from <network> and placed under a new <cache> tag. Also, <cachemembuffersize> is renamed to <memorysize>.
<cache>
<memorysize>0</memorysize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams in memory
When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM -->
<buffermode>0</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
3) No buffer -->
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 4.0. -->
</cache>

Although I did it like this (but using the new "readfactor" instead of "readbufferfactor") buffering doesn't work with the actual builds. So I cannot play my streams without heavy stuttering:-(.

Make sure the code above is contained in the <network> </network> tags.
(2016-05-14, 20:05)Milhouse Wrote: Given the number of files it would appear there may have been a problem with the overlays directory. You can delete the FSCK*.REC files.

It probably was, because the bigest file was the readme file from overlays directory. I remember seeing file checks during boot after I did a soft reset to start fresh with #0513 update.
(2016-05-14, 21:52)Hoopla Wrote: Make sure the code above is contained in the <network> </network> tags.

It's now <cache> (after PR9681) and not <network>.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0514: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc7 #1 Sat May 14 21:14:46 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 13 2016 15:49:49
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 280c320a06a8ee014c9ea8df8c1350daa2c50d25 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160514211301-#0514-gc40b505 [Build #0514]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002485.896: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c40b5056, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (96c4c5d5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. RenderSystem: Load correct identity
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • QT: use a different mirror for download (PR:338, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • sundtek-mediatv: bugfix for wait for network (PR:341, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • mpd: Bump rev, needs a clean build (static link libogg) (PR:334, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [win32][depends] Fixing taglib debug build (PR:9776, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Use separators from language addon (PR:9794, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  3. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fix includes (PR:38, 3 commits, 14 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • mmalrender: Allow renderer to be reconfigured from GetPool (7e5e875b)
      • RenderSystem: Load correct identity (3a635607)
      • mmal: Make some of the more verbose logging a build time option (2288ed4c)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • mmalcodec: temp: Add an extra input buffer to reduce chance of stutter after seek (54a30996)
      • mmalrender: Allow renderer to be reconfigered from GetPool (cd093962)
Give me 24 hours, and I'll identify the exact build in which it began (though it has begun within the last 5 builds, as thats the last time I updated...), but there's a new behaviour in these builds whereby when lists whose content is set directly to a plugin (<content>plugin://plugin.name/</content>) now show the busy dialog when they are being refreshed.

Whilst this does actually help with one issue I've previously reported on Trac (#16635) it causes issues with the default skin when using the on screen keyboard with the autocompletion script enabled - every key press causes the autocompletion script to reload and so show the dialog, and with 3rd party skins - I've observed the behaviour with my own Conq skin mod (I know issues should only be reported with the default skin, but I'm confident the skin is up-to-date with all the changes given in the relevant forum thread), and read one complaint regarding Nox 5 - it causes issue with their home screens, where widgets are generally provided in this way.
(2016-05-14, 21:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 20:51)ChrisM001 Wrote: Although I did it like this (but using the new "readfactor" instead of "readbufferfactor") buffering doesn't work with the actual builds. So I cannot play my streams without heavy stuttering:-(.

Can you provide a full debug log (wiki) while playing various streams that previously did cache? Also a screenshot if the CodecOSD for one of the streams during playback?

Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/phe3yzmbp

Don't know how to create a screenshot, because I have no keyboard. But what I can see in the CodecOSD is that "forward" stays at 0. IMHO that means that no buffering takes place.
(2016-05-15, 01:09)BobCratchett Wrote: Give me 24 hours, and I'll identify the exact build in which it began (though it has begun within the last 5 builds, as thats the last time I updated...), but there's a new behaviour in these builds whereby when lists whose content is set directly to a plugin (<content>plugin://plugin.name/</content>) now show the busy dialog when they are being refreshed.

Whilst this does actually help with one issue I've previously reported on Trac (#16635) it causes issues with the default skin when using the on screen keyboard with the autocompletion script enabled - every key press causes the autocompletion script to reload and so show the dialog, and with 3rd party skins - I've observed the behaviour with my own Conq skin mod (I know issues should only be reported with the default skin, but I'm confident the skin is up-to-date with all the changes given in the relevant forum thread), and read one complaint regarding Nox 5 - it causes issue with their home screens, where widgets are generally provided in this way.

See the comments on PR9778 which sound vaguely similar. If this is the same issue, not sure if it's a core issue or something that addons/skins now need to change.
(2016-05-15, 02:20)ChrisM001 Wrote: Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/phe3yzmbp

So it looks like you're caching ALL, but you're playing a local strm file which I'm assuming used to be cached, but now isn't. Hopefully @arnova might be able to confirm the expected behaviour or explain the change.

(2016-05-15, 02:20)ChrisM001 Wrote: Don't know how to create a screenshot, because I have no keyboard. But what I can see in the CodecOSD is that "forward" stays at 0. IMHO that means that no buffering takes place.

You don't need a keyboard attached, an ssh session will do - you can take a screenshot with "texturecache.py screenshot" then upload the latest image in the Screenshots folder to imgur.com.
(2016-05-15, 06:25)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 01:09)BobCratchett Wrote: Give me 24 hours, and I'll identify the exact build in which it began (though it has begun within the last 5 builds, as thats the last time I updated...), but there's a new behaviour in these builds whereby when lists whose content is set directly to a plugin (<content>plugin://plugin.name/</content>) now show the busy dialog when they are being refreshed.

See the comments on PR9778 which sound vaguely similar. If this is the same issue, not sure if it's a core issue or something that addons/skins now need to change.

The behaviour began in build 508, so 9778 does indeed look to be a likely candidate.

I don't believe there's any way for plugins to tell Kodi not to display the busy dialog when loading them, and skins have no idea why the busy dialog is displayed in order to make it invisible (which I believe would still lock the GUI until its done), so my understanding is this is a behaviour that would have to be changed in core. (The workaround sualfred mentions on the PR doesn't affect the display of the dialog, but works around a bug displaying the home screen when pre-loading lists directly filled from plugins)
(2016-05-15, 06:40)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 02:20)ChrisM001 Wrote: Here is the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/phe3yzmbp

So it looks like you're caching ALL, but you're playing a local strm file which I'm assuming used to be cached, but now isn't. Hopefully @arnova might be able to confirm the expected behaviour or explain the change.

(2016-05-15, 02:20)ChrisM001 Wrote: Don't know how to create a screenshot, because I have no keyboard. But what I can see in the CodecOSD is that "forward" stays at 0. IMHO that means that no buffering takes place.

You don't need a keyboard attached, an ssh session will do - you can take a screenshot with "texturecache.py screenshot" then upload the latest image in the Screenshots folder to imgur.com.

Tested some constellations and apparently caching doesn't work with inputstream streams like Amazon Prime.
Hi,
just want to share my finding.
On LE8.0#514 on RPi2, I noticed micro stuttering while playing a movie (mkv, 1080p, 7-11 Mbits max., video h264, DTS 5.1 pass-through, file read from a NAS 1Gbit).
A couple seconds (around 5 to 7) after skipping a chapter or moving forward a couple minutes a noticeable short "freeze" occurred.
Bigger cache sizes and/or increased read factors didn't affect the stuttering in any way.
So I was changing the player setting from OMX "off", MMAL "on" to OMX "on", MMAL "off" for a test.
The stuttering described above disappeared entirely.
Maybe helpful ?

Edit: #513 was decreasing the stuttering effect a little.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19