• 121(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-20, 22:53)unclejoe01 Wrote: I am having really slow network speeds with these builds. If I use latest stable build (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-7.0.2.tar) network is fast but not with these builds. Am I missing something.

thanks
joe

WiFi or Wired? What results do you get with iperf and latest test build?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Kodi crashes and gets restarted if I jump forward or backwards in my recording.
debug log: http://sprunge.us/UAha
media info: http://sprunge.us/EYSX
@polo_joe crashlog please.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There's no crash log in /storage/.kodi/temp
Here's a small snippet to reproduce the hang/crash:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uptq22l2nv95h7...ch.ts?dl=0

Problem occurs also If I play the recording in video section of kodi.
I'm not able to reproduce a crash - your sample video plays normally (streamed over smb://) and I can seek backwards/forwards without any issues.

If Kodi is crashing while playing a video, you really should have a crashlog.
I found the problem, if I uncheck audio passthrough in audio settings the playback and seeking is fine, if passthrough is activated only playback works. Could you verfiy this?
(2016-08-21, 09:00)polo_joe Wrote: I found the problem, if I uncheck audio passthrough in audio settings the playback and seeking is fine, if passthrough is activated only playback works. Could you verfiy this?

Yes, with passthrough enabled I can reproduce the crash - Kodi is actually being killed by the OOM killer, which prevents the creation of the regular crashlog.

journalctl: http://sprunge.us/WahW
@polo_joe your passthrough/seek issue appears to start with build #0807 - can you test #0806 and #0807 to confirm?

Chances are it's one (or both) of PR10237 or PR10247.

(2016-08-07, 23:12)Milhouse Wrote:
  • XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix early stall of audio stream, sync is now in AE (PR:10237, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: passthrough fixes (PR:10247, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Also, the passthrough/seek/OOM crash is 100% reproducible with LibreELEC Generic (x86_64)
Hi guys,

how can I disable the turbo_mode? Got freezes after 20+ minutes when playing files (SMB share) with latest builds. 0801 is fine, strange is that 0809 is causing the same issues...

Thanks!

Edit: RPI2, no OC
(2016-08-21, 09:48)Milhouse Wrote: @polo_joe your passthrough/seek issue appears to start with build #0807 - can you test #0806 and #0807 to confirm?

Chances are it's one (or both) of PR10237 or PR10247.

(2016-08-07, 23:12)Milhouse Wrote:
  • XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix early stall of audio stream, sync is now in AE (PR:10237, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: passthrough fixes (PR:10247, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
Confirmed 0806 is good, 0807 is bad.
(2016-08-20, 18:38)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-08-20, 14:02)metaron Wrote: In my case, deinterlace still doesn't work 100% reliably for PVR use cases using OMX player (skipping forward/back over changes in aspect ratio causes OMX to lock up, although MMAL is now fixed).
Can you find a way I can reproduce this? E.g. do you get this from a recording that includes an aspect ratio change.
Quote:IMO OMX still has slightly better picture quality and smoother playback with the files I use (UK DVB-S/S2/T/T2 recordings).
The pixels arriving at display should be bit identical between omx and mmal. It is possible that one or other may drop/skip frames which could result in less smooth playback.
Again if it can be reproduced from a recording I can investigate.

OK - bug report 1st - supporting files later (once I get time to trim them down to a reasonable size for upload)

I've tested two different systems both with the following common settings:
* Millhouse #820
* Adjust refresh = always
* Sync pb to display = on
* HDMI video + sound
* clean boot (i.e. Interlace = auto)
* pvr.mythtv client (based on Janbar's 4.6 'doityourself' with some tweaks to timer management of my own)
* RPi mpeg2 codec license
* mythtv 0.27.4 + fixes backend + DVB-T2 usage tweaks (in use for > 2 years)
* playback of files using pvr.mythtv 'recordings' list
* demux within pvr.mythv client turned on (historically seems to be the more stable option)
  • RPi zero (no overclock):
    * system + storage on a recent noobs SD card
    * connection to MYSQL and mythtv backend via USB wireless dongle
    * OMX off, MMAL on (initially)
  • RPi B (mild 850 overclock):
    * system on sandisk class 10 SD, storage NFS mounted (hard disk)
    * connection to MYSQL, mythtv backend and storage via wired ethernet
    * OMX on
Test Scenarios
1) 20 Questions Murder Mystery (1965) (Talking Pictures TV) recording from DVB-T2 dongle, mpeg2, ts (16:9 adverts, 4:3 film)
B:
Smooth playback
'Long step forward' (up arrow) from 16:9 advert to 4:3 b&w film causes playback to continue in 16:9 format (stretched)
Short skip forward/backwards within 4:3 section correctly sets aspect to 4:3 and playback continues
Same behavour in reverse if skipping from 4:3 to 16:9 section
If resuming playback from within a 4:3 or 16:9 section correct format is used.
Zero:
Smooth playback
Wrong shape used when jumping across 4:3 / 16:9 transition, small jump within a 4:3 or 16:9 section doesn't fix it
Zero with OMX enabled:
Smooth playback
Aspect ratio doesn't change on 16:9/4:3 transition during normal playback or during skip across transition.
Small skip within a 4:3 / 16:9 section fixes this, but sometimes results in playback being 'paused'. Another short jump within the section allows playback to continue.

2) Rio Olympics opening ceremony (BBC One HD), DVB-T2 dongle recording, h264, ts (all in 16:9)
B:
Smooth playback
Zero:
Juddery start, seems to be skipping frames, audio drops out occationally. Looks like buffering / throughput / interrupt issues.
Zero with OMX player turned back on:
Slight judder at start, then continues with smooth playback. Looking good then full 100% lock up. Can't even ssh into the zero. Wifi dongle light still flashing but green zero light on solid. suspect some sort of interrupt conflict between wifi usb / sd card read and video playback. I know pvr.mythtv can hit the sd card looking for icons during playback (??) so this might be why.
My wife (who uses this set-up more than I do) has reported regular 'lock ups'. Currently considered 'not good enough'.
Power cycled the zero and tried to reproduce, but playback remained smooth this time.

3) Artists In Crime (UKTV Drama), DVB-T2 dongle recording, mpeg2, ts (16:9 adverts, 4:3 feature)
B:
Smooth playback
skip from 16:9 to 4:3 section correctly changes to 4:3 size but playback is 'paused'. Another small skip within the 4:3 section allows playback to continue.
Zero:
Smooth playback
skip from 16:9 to 4:3 section works correctly without 'pause'. Note that a small jump within a 4:3 section sometimes causes a 4:3 -> 16:9 ->4:3 transition (in quick succession / flicker) - I assume this is because playback initially started from a 19:6 section of the recording and the player is defaulting to 16:9 on jump before detecting (correctly) that this section it is playing is actually still 4:3.

Can someone recommentd a good 'free' upload site (preferably without having to give them my e-mail) for video files of this nature? The hosting I have access to has a 100mb limit, and I'm already using 80% of it...? Trimming the files down to upload while still including the sections to demonstrate the behaviour will take a while... will try to get something uploaded this evening. Let me know if one of the 3 files is considered more interesting.

If I haven't mentioned a scenario it's because I didn't test it with this build (yet). If you want me to try something else, just ask.
(2016-08-21, 10:08)esco Wrote: how can I disable the turbo_mode? Got freezes after 20+ minutes when playing files (SMB share) with latest builds. 0801 is fine, strange is that 0809 is causing the same issues...

arm_freq=600 in config.txt will disable turbo_mode, but I'll be a little surprised if that is your issue.
If 0801 is fine and 0809 is bad then can you identify the first build with the issue?
Code:
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 2
File size                                : 2.05 GiB
Duration                                 : 39mn 56s
Overall bit rate                         : 7 348 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-09-29 17:12:42
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v5.8.0 ('No Sleep / Pillow') built on Sep  2 2012 15:37:04
Writing library                          : libebml v1.2.3 + libmatroska v1.3.0

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 9 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 6 562 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.297
Stream size                              : 1.83 GiB (89%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 136 r2348+704+51 d1baef6 tMod [8-bit@all X86_64]
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=9 / deblock=1:-2:-2 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=11 / psy=1 / fade_compensate=0.00 / psy_rd=1.05:0.15 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / fgo=0 / bframes=8 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=120 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=17.5000 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=0:0:0 / qpmax=69:69:69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.75 / aq-sensitivity=10.00 / aq-factor=1.00:1.00:1.00 / aq2=0 / aq3=0
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : A_AC3
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 fps (1536 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 183 MiB (9%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Is there something strange about this file?

H/W acceleration = audio and no video (oxm and mmal)
S/W acceleration = plays fine
(2016-08-21, 11:36)metaron Wrote: Can someone recommentd a good 'free' upload site (preferably without having to give them my e-mail) for video files of this nature? The hosting I have access to has a 100mb limit, and I'm already using 80% of it...? Trimming the files down to upload while still including the sections to demonstrate the behaviour will take a while... will try to get something uploaded this evening. Let me know if one of the 3 files is considered more interesting.

Dropbox and google drive are good options for sharing video files. You will need an email address (but you can create a new one for this if you don't want it linked to your primary email).

If I could reproduce the issue, then the lockup of 2 would be most interesting, but I suspect that may be wifi (and maybe power supply) related an possibly hard to reproduce.
Can you reproduce with file on sdcard and no wifi dongle attached?

Otherwise file 1 sounds fine. No reason why seeking over aspect ratio changes shouldn't work so would be good to fix.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19