• 123(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I once had the 923 too and it never took 20 seconds to refresh or change resolution ...around 5 sec. ..
(2016-08-21, 19:23)metaron Wrote: 1) 20 Questions Murder Mystery (1965) (Talking Pictures TV) recording from DVB-T2 dongle, mpeg2, ts (16:9 adverts, 4:3 film)
* OMX and MMAL players fail to switch aspect during normal playback

I've had a look at this one. The problem is in the hardware decoder in firmware.
The firmware parses vui->aspect_ratio_idc=4 initially and later parses vui->aspect_ratio_idc=12,
(which both match what ffmpeg does), but it seems to continue reporting the initial 4 value.

I don't know the code well enough to know exactly how the changed sps/pps is meant to be propagated
through the decode pipeline and applied to the correct output frames.

But I'll try to work it out. May take a little while.
(2016-08-22, 13:05)bmonster Wrote: This is what I have in the autostart.sh

Spindowns all 3 of my external drives after 10mins of inactivity.
Sleep command give the drives enough time to turn on, wouldn't work without this.

sleep 10 ;

IIRC "sleep" command without suffix "m" for minutes, "h" for hours, or "d" for days defaults to "s" seconds,
so your "sleep 10" will wait for 10 seconds, before execution.
My external USB drives need 60 sec delay before autostart.sh executes hdparm command to spin them down.
(2016-08-22, 20:57)popcornmix Wrote: But I'll try to work it out. May take a little while.
No matter how long it takes you will be quicker than I would be Smile
(2016-08-22, 21:07)Sholander Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 13:05)bmonster Wrote: This is what I have in the autostart.sh

Spindowns all 3 of my external drives after 10mins of inactivity.
Sleep command give the drives enough time to turn on, wouldn't work without this.

sleep 10 ;

IIRC "sleep" command without suffix "m" for minutes, "h" for hours, or "d" for days defaults to "s" seconds,
so your "sleep 10" will wait for 10 seconds, before execution.
My external USB drives need 60 sec delay before autostart.sh executes hdparm command to spin them down.
The sleep just means it waits 10 seconds before seeing hdparm.
The hdparm -s 120 is what specifies the 10 minutes.
-s is time in seconds x5 so the value of 120 is actually 600 seconds.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0822: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.0 #1 Mon Aug 22 22:35:34 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 19 2016 19:56:59
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 04cb74d9feb624e2463cde9db466bdce8b9799e9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160822222202-#0822-gc5864e5 [Build #0822]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002388.032: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c5864e58, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f5deb8d7, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. (Clean build)
  2. peripheral.joystick v1.2.0
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Bump peripheral API - enable translating between controller profiles (PR:10299, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • Fix crash in slider control if range is zero (PR:10315, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [skin.estouchy] re-add assets to addon.xml (PR:10321, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Fix regression in CPVRRecordings::UpdateEpgTags. (PR:10320, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [EPG] Fix limits for grid start value (must be 'now' - 30 minutes' latest). (PR:10319, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. peripheral.joystick:
    • [udev] Add udev implementation (PR:46, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • v1.2.0: Controller translation and udev support from RetroPlayer branch (PR:47, 29 commits, 59 files changed)
    • [addon.xml] Bump peripheral API to v1.0.22 (missed in b15053e) (56e322ca)
    • [addon.xml] Bump version to v1.2.0 for controller translation and udev suppport (2a69ba41)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • mmalcodec: Switch to software decode for Hi10P (45f134c8)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:641: kodi: update to 17.0-beta1-81d5d26
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
A few things I'm observing at the moment - and a couple of queries. These aren't build specific, as it seems the same no matter what version I choose. For info I'm on pi3, 818 build at present:

1. Popcornmix, you'll remember our posts a couple of weeks back about 3D switching and the menu staying in 3D on exiting films? I thought I'd solved this by adding a 1 second refresh rate delay. This does work, but only if OMX is the player. If it's MMAL, gui stays in 3D on exiting. I have found a workaround to change the gui refresh rate. At first I used 23.98 (obviously works as no refresh rate change) but sluggish. Bizarrely a 25.0 refresh rate also works fine though (and is noticeably faster navigating the menu) so that's what I'm now sticking with. Any other combo (e.g 50 or 60) and 3D films using MMAL exit to the gui in 3D. At least I've found something that works for me though!

2. Out of interest what is the current status of OMX v MMAL? What is recommended for a 3D film for example? I don't notice much in terms of PQ, OMX perhaps a tad sharper.

3. What I have noticed though on 3D mkvs is that with OMX film plays fine, but if I jump forward/backwards the movie stops (even though the mins/seconds on play counter continues to go on). MMAL, I can use forwards and backwards without issue.

4. AC3 passthrough (using an external hdmi optical splitter to take optical to old AC3 decoder). Works fine on OMX. MMAL also works, but on codec information, rather than listing speakers as LR, FR...32 bit AC3, for 5.1 it says RAW, RAW, RAW, RAW, RAW, RAW 8 bit AC3. Don't quite understand that (displays it correctly if passthrough disabled).

5. Is there any way of switching between MMAL and OMX - selecting which player to use from the Movies section rather than having to amend system preferences? Doesn't seem to be an option in context menu. I've tried keymap editor and programmed 'switch player' to a remote - this brings up a 'video player (default)' message as a context menu during playback but doesn't seem to change anything on selection.

Happy to debug any of the above if if would be helpful for future builds. All very minor, I think the builds are amazing!
Cheers
The default is omxplayer enabled on Pi1 and disabled on Pi2/Pi3 (with MMAL enabled).
Pi1 really needs omxplayer for the lower cpu usage when playing higher bitrate 1080p video.

Pi2/Pi3 have enough cpu for mmal in the vast majority of cases.
MMAL uses VideoPlayer and so gets any features by default (e.g. fast/slow playback was added recently).
omxplayer is unlikely to get new features.
(2016-08-23, 16:31)popcornmix Wrote: The default is omxplayer enabled on Pi1 and disabled on Pi2/Pi3 (with MMAL enabled).
Pi1 really needs omxplayer for the lower cpu usage when playing higher bitrate 1080p video.

Pi2/Pi3 have enough cpu for mmal in the vast majority of cases.
MMAL uses VideoPlayer and so gets any features by default (e.g. fast/slow playback was added recently).

Cheers as ever popcornmix.
If mmal is now the recommended option I'd be particularly interested in your views on my qu.4 above around passthrough audio. Is that something that a debug log would shed light on - i.e. why for MMAL is it returning RAW and 8 bit, rather than accurate speaker set up and 32 bit? Just want to check that it passing through the audio correctly. I'll post log asap if you think it would reveal anything.
The passthough information provided is correct. Pretty sure that will be the output on all platforms.
Note, as kodi doesn't decode the audio itself it has no knowledge of the speaker mapping.
Internally AudioEngine just identifies the channels as being "RAW" and that is what is displayed.

omxplayer doesn't use AudioEngine so it just displays its best guess at the channel mapping, but for passthrough it doesn't know.
(2016-08-23, 17:45)popcornmix Wrote: The passthough information provided is correct. Pretty sure that will be the output on all platforms.
Note, as kodi doesn't decode the audio itself it has no knowledge of the speaker mapping.
Internally AudioEngine just identifies the channels as being "RAW" and that is what is displayed.

omxplayer doesn't use AudioEngine so it just displays its best guess at the channel mapping, but for passthrough it doesn't know.

Thank you, now makes sense! And displaying 8 bit rather than 32 bit? Is that again just a consequence of kodi not decoding?
Sorry for the constant questions, just like to understand as much as possible!!!
(2016-08-23, 16:31)popcornmix Wrote: MMAL uses VideoPlayer and so gets any features by default (e.g. fast/slow playback was added recently).

Last time I tried MMAL it dropped a frame or two every time it had to render a dvb subtitle - has that been improved at all, or are there plans to? It made live tv pretty much unwatchable Sad
(2016-08-23, 18:27)drdwridav Wrote: Thank you, now makes sense! And displaying 8 bit rather than 32 bit? Is that again just a consequence of kodi not decoding?

Yes. That is the internal format.
(2016-08-23, 19:09)Caesium Wrote: Last time I tried MMAL it dropped a frame or two every time it had to render a dvb subtitle - has that been improved at all, or are there plans to? It made live tv pretty much unwatchable Sad

Frame drops following a subtitle in a new font is expected. Subsequent subtitles shouldn't cause a frame drop.
(2016-08-22, 14:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-08-21, 19:13)esco Wrote: 0802b is fine, no freezes, no KODI reboots. Unfortunately no luck with later builds,

If the problem started with 0803, then main change was the atempo commits.
With latest build, can you go into system/audio settings and try changing:
resample quality: Try gpu and medium
threshold for pitch correction: Try 0 (always enabled) and 100 (always disabled)

Tested with 0821 with medium resample quality and 100 treshold for pitch correction and voilà, no freezes!! Thanks a lot Popcormix!
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19