• 128(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Nah, don't!

I can map SOME buttons.
In general the real Buttons are working on my USB Gamepad, but the D-Pad just sometimes.

I can map them, but when I am done, I cannot use it! Big Grin

Staying tuned! Great work so far, guys!
(2016-08-23, 23:09)popcornmix Wrote: In general subtitles with mmal don't cause frame drops apart from the first subtitle.
Maybe there is something different with the dvb subs. If you have a sample file that shows the problem I can investigate.

Hi @popcornmix.

I gave this another test and on my Pi3 the following sample is noticably jerky in MMAL with subtitles on. It's some of the cycling from the Olympics (sport always seems to show this clearly).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38877106/cycling.ts

Let me know if I can be any more help, keen to get this one fixed if MMAL is going to get all the love going forwards. Do you want a debug log from my system for this?
(2016-08-27, 16:18)Caesium Wrote: I gave this another test and on my Pi3 the following sample is noticably jerky in MMAL with subtitles on.
It is jerky only with Advanced deinterlacing. Switch to "Bob". RAM overclocking can also help.
(2016-08-27, 16:48)smp1 Wrote: It is jerky only with Advanced deinterlacing. Switch to "Bob". RAM overclocking can also help.

Yep, that does indeed fix it - Bob deinterlacing is fine. Is this a known/accepted limitation in that case? Is Advanced deinterlacing just simply too much for the Pi to handle while also doing subtitles?

I'm not sure I can tell the difference between the two modes, certainly not on that sample anyway. Maybe I'll just make do with Bob Smile
(2016-08-27, 17:55)Caesium Wrote: Is Advanced deinterlacing just simply too much for the Pi to handle while also doing subtitles?
Apparently so.
Quote:I'm not sure I can tell the difference between the two modes, certainly not on that sample anyway. Maybe I'll just make do with Bob Smile
Bob looks softer, especially in static scenes.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0827: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.2 #1 Sun Aug 28 00:38:29 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 23 2016 15:58:54
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version f23e65aeeffca65654550c93254a0ee55f34fb07 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160828003726-#0827-g7cef50d [Build #0827]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002387.281: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (7cef50da, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (608220dc, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Revert schedutil governor
  2. Fix for recordings window
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: disable Android drivers (PR:664, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • image: fakeroot chokes on image names with meta chars (PR:663, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • spotify-connect-web: add avahi login (PR:660, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: render GUI at 1080p for 4K output (PR:665, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • WeTek_Hub: enable built-in bluetooth (PR:666, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Revert "Generic/RPi2: Switch to schedutil CPUFreq governor" (PR:667, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: add indev x11grab_xcb (PR:657, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • use final redirected path for internet streams (PR:10236, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [linux] fix high CPU usage with nvidia cards (PR:10343, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10342: [PVR] Recordings window: Fix recording groups not working (regression introduced by #10333)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10345: check for kodi.inputstream version
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I can't watch livetv or playback recording of the channel TecTime Tv.
debug log http://sprunge.us/NZED
journalctl http://sprunge.us/ieEP
sample recording https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl63pkjd4jib24z/test.ts?dl=0
playback with vlc seems ok.
#0827 is an absolute crash fest for me. It crashed when watching a DVD and already crashed twice when watching a live TV.

http://sprunge.us/ceLX
(2016-08-06, 05:52)smp1 Wrote: With latest builds some DVD menus are broken. Not sure which build is the last good one.

Sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyoflzs467sp3h...S.rar?dl=1
The DVD menus are broken since build #0722. #0721 is good. Can this be fixed?
@smp1 do you have an Xbox 360 (or similar) controller connected?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I have some old, generic wired USB gamepad connected.
Can you try removing/disconnecting it, does that improve stability?
Ok, I'll try.
(2016-08-27, 17:55)Caesium Wrote: Yep, that does indeed fix it - Bob deinterlacing is fine. Is this a known/accepted limitation in that case? Is Advanced deinterlacing just simply too much for the Pi to handle while also doing subtitles?

I'd be interested in knowing if overclocking a little fixes the issue with advanced deinterlace.
sdram_freq, v3d_freq, core_freq are the ones that might help (roughly in that order of significance).
(2016-08-28, 21:26)popcornmix Wrote: I'd be interested in knowing if overclocking a little fixes the issue with advanced deinterlace.
sdram_freq, v3d_freq, core_freq are the ones that might help (roughly in that order of significance).

Yes, it does.Raising sdram_freq up to 500MHz improved it significantly, and at 550MHz SDRAM I couldn't spot any more drops at all. So that seems to do the trick. Didn't have to touch the other clocks.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19