• 142(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-10, 15:02)bmonster Wrote: Not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my setup.
From a couple of builds back, i think it started with 0907, subtitles while watching movies stay on the screen until the next subtitle line comes up.
For example I could be watching a film that has a couple of minutes silent, but will still display the last subtitle on screen all the time, till next line comes up.

I have the same behavior on Pi3 with 2 or 3 last builds with .srt subs, but only if I use OMX player. MMAL player works normal with same material.
That's interesting, I'm only using OMX at the moment, mmal get my pi3 so hot and I feel I get a better picture with OMX.
Strange that changing my skin seems to have sorted it, will try a few other films in a bit.

Edit:

Yer I still have the sub problem, its on 90% of what I play, guessing the other 10% could a different sub type.
(2016-06-09, 14:54)kieranc Wrote: I've been having a problem for about the last week/10 days with these builds, where when the system has been idle for a while (generally overnight), when I try to use it I have the blue circles in the middle of the screen and nothing I press on the remote will make them go away, I have to reboot the system. The remote still works at this point, if I press the video button it goes to videos (behind the blue circles) but I can't play anything. I think it's related to my PS3 bluetooth remote as (I'm not sure why) on build 605, bluetooth didn't work and the problem didn't occur. I have the dim screensaver set to come on after 10 minutes to make the remote suspend, and it doesn't immediately happen when the screensaver kicks in, only after a longer amount of time.

Sorry the description is a bit vague, is anyone else having a similar problem?

Edit: Pi3 using built in bluetooth. I've not tried a full wipe yet, but can if it's expected to resolve the problem.

(2016-06-10, 05:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-06-09, 14:54)kieranc Wrote: Edit: Pi3 using built in bluetooth. I've not tried a full wipe yet, but can if it's expected to resolve the problem.

I would suggest trying a "clean" .kodi first to make sure this isn't an add-on issue:
Code:
systemctl stop kodi
mv .kodi .kodi.bak
sync; reboot

You may need to reconfigure your settings and add your movies, but don't add any add-ons. If the problem doesn't happen then it's likely to be caused by an add-on. A debug log (wiki) might shed some light.

Unfortunately, I'm still having this problem, even after a full wipe. Whenever I leave the system for more than a few hours, I come back to the blue spinning circle in the middle of the screen, with no way to use the system without rebooting.
I'm 99% sure the problem is related to my PS3 bluetooth remote, if i disable bluetooth, the problem goes away. I have the 'dim' screensaver set to 10 minutes which I believe makes the remote suspend, but the problem doesn't occur after 10 minutes, only after a couple of hours.
I can save hours of debug log if necessary but I guess it's going to be tricky to find the relevant entry, is there anything else I can do which might help?
I have to say that build #0909 until now I think the best, at least when it comes to TV / PVR. No stutter, no block noise, everything is perfect, it is fun to watch TV.
Thanks Kodi / LibreElec team for the hard work!
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2016-09-10, 12:52)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 12:11)MikeKL Wrote: Haven't seen any Kodi crashes after a nightly install and re-boot for quiet a while, then suddenly having kodi crashes after installation and first start of Kodi. Pi boots and arrives at Estuary skin, normal loading of channels from pvr occurs, then crash. (only one PVR backend/frontend running on my pi)

Kodi Crash Logs

This will need a PVR person to diagnose - does this happen every time you boot?

(2016-09-10, 12:11)MikeKL Wrote: Did notice Text during PI intialisation boot (of these nightly install) a mention something failing, but text is to quickly gone from boot screen to catch understand error?

Most likely a failure to create the static devices, it fails every now and again but isn't fatal or anything to worry about (but we should fix it eventually).
No cannot make kodi crash on subsequent re-boots

Thought that these recent clean build/boot then immediate kodi crash may hold some useful info? compared to kodi crash logs when not sure at all what exactly doing to cause an infrequent kodi crash after varied hours of use of a nightly build?

And yes static device failures occurred with both first boot of these particular builds even if not related. (Your comment reminded me of message I could not recollect previously thanks Blush)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-09-10, 05:42)MONSTA Wrote: I left frozen RPi overnight and finally got the crash http://sprunge.us/RgSQ
Big Grin

Hmmm. Two suspicious things in log, one is CEC related and one is gpu resample related.

Can you try disabling both CEC and GPU resampling and see if problem recurs?
If you are happy things are good then enabled CEC and see if it is still okay.
(2016-09-10, 20:38)MikeKL Wrote: Thought that these recent clean build/boot then immediate kodi crash may hold some useful info? compared to kodi crash logs when not sure at all what exactly doing to cause an infrequent kodi crash after varied hours of use of a nightly build?

Yes, they're useful, but they point to EPG database related crashes which are a new type of crash not seen before (or at least recently). If this started with #0908 then possibly PR10369?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-10, 18:56)Aux_ Wrote: I have to say that build #0909 until now I think the best, at least when it comes to TV / PVR. No stutter, no block noise, everything is perfect, it is fun to watch TV.

Here I still have stutter with Live-TV when I switch from 1080i channel to 720p channel
(2016-09-10, 21:10)herrmeier01 Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 18:56)Aux_ Wrote: I have to say that build #0909 until now I think the best, at least when it comes to TV / PVR. No stutter, no block noise, everything is perfect, it is fun to watch TV.

Here I still have stutter with Live-TV when I switch from 1080i channel to 720p channel

Sorry I can not confirm that, 720p run well.
I use at deinterlacing "MMAL - Bob (half)".
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2016-09-10, 21:10)herrmeier01 Wrote: Here I still have stutter with Live-TV when I switch from 1080i channel to 720p channel
Same here.
As far as I remember this was fixed in one of the earlier builds but that fix was later removed and never showed up again.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0910: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.3 #1 Sat Sep 10 21:11:34 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep  7 2016 14:50:28
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1f1070f16206004c8f2172144ec8f167db6c742f (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160910210840-#0910-g3389a8b [Build #0910]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002390.831: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (3389a8bd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (48e14b5a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. cmake change
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • init: make sure /storage is owned by root (PR:716, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • build system cleanup (PR:696, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:690, 17 commits, 19 files changed)
      • alsa-lib: update to 1.1.2
      • alsa-utils: update to 1.1.2
      • elfutils: update to 0.166
      • libpng: update to 1.6.25
      • RTL8192EU: update to 0c80da7
      • openvpn: update to 2.3.12
      • libmnl: update to 1.0.4
      • libevdev: update to 1.5.4
      • libXfont: update to 1.5.2
      • libmicrohttpd: update to 0.9.51
      • libinput: update to 1.4.1
      • fontconfig: update to 2.12.1
      • mesa: update to 12.0.2
      • libva-intel-driver: update to 1.7.2
      • libva: update to 1.7.2
      • ccache: update to 3.2.8
      • mysql: update to 5.7.15
  2. XBMC:
    • cmake cosmetics (PR:10437, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
  3. pvr.stalker:
    • fixes (PR:73, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello all,

Sorry if it's already answered somewhere, but I'm not available to search it, regarding search engine minimum of 4 characters.

what about 4k ? Can we read those iso or Mkv files ?

Thank you Smile
(2016-09-11, 01:11)Sinisan Wrote: Hello all,

Sorry if it's already answered somewhere, but I'm not available to search it, regarding search engine minimum of 4 characters.

what about 4k ? Can we read those iso or Mkv files ?

Thank you Smile

I have no problem reading my 4K videos however the Raspberry Pi can only output 1080p so it's kind of a waste of bandwidth/storage to download the files. In addition the files have to be x264. The Pi doesn't have enough power to render x265/HEVC 4K video files.
(2016-09-10, 15:02)bmonster Wrote: Hey,

Not sure if this is a bug or something wrong with my setup.
From a couple of builds back, i think it started with 0907, subtitles while watching movies stay on the screen until the next subtitle line comes up.
For example I could be watching a film that has a couple of minutes silent, but will still display the last subtitle on screen all the time, till next line comes up. Before it would go after it had been spoken in the movie.

I've tried with a few movies including ones I know were OK and its the same with every one.
Not sure a log will help with anything, but will post if wanted.

Thanks

I observed the same last night with the most recent built ... (srt-subtitles, standard skin)
(2016-09-10, 05:39)gendo Wrote:
(2016-09-09, 12:57)popcornmix Wrote: This is a long standing issue with omxplayer and some live tv add-ons. I really need to be able to reproduce this, but so far no one has been able to provoke this from a recording - which doesn't make a lot of sense - omxplayer has no idea about the source of the video. It suggests the live tv backend does something different with timestamps in the live vs recorded cases.

Ideally find a recording that demonstrates the problem. If not then using mmal or improving TV signal strength is the best option.

@ popcornmix here is a recording.. there is a glitch @ 39 seconds if i play with omx after glitch audio is out of sync.. if i play with mmal after glitch audio and video are in sync
https://mega.nz/#!vpFCGZyZ!2R5OBJiLRLDtr...VEpLmqcjDs

If you need anymore samples let me know i can pretty much repeat on demand by starting to record and shaking tv dish to loose signal..
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19