• 147(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-13, 04:31)MicTie Wrote: I also have the same problem since a couple of days. Subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles ...

Not sure if I am the only one with this problem ...
Since about 1 week subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles
This was first reported here, here and here.
I can also confirm this problem.

(2016-09-15, 04:50)MicTie Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 04:31)MicTie Wrote: I also have the same problem since a couple of days. Subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles ...

Not sure if I am the only one with this problem ...
Since about 1 week subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles
This was first reported here, here and here.
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
(2016-09-14, 23:04)smp1 Wrote: Ok, 0912 crashed again with the same symptoms so it was not atempo I guess. The video stalls and the Pi is useable for 1 minute or so (I can ssh and stream live TV to my PC). Then it locks up completely. Didn't try the latest build yet.

Can you ssh in and run:
Code:
bcmstat.sh mMxgp
before it crashes. Then copy and paste the final output when it locks up. Should show if it is a memory leak we're seeing.
(2016-09-15, 04:50)MicTie Wrote: Since about 1 week subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles

Identifying the exact build that introduced the problem would help narrow it down.
(2016-09-14, 01:21)pyrodex Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 22:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-13, 15:13)pyrodex Wrote: I noticed last night and previous night when playing a 5.1 audio show that after a pause and play there is a chance where the audio channels don't come back properly. For example on 9/11 I paused the show we were watching to talk a second and hit play again but then the center channel which carried the voices was missing, we heard audio from the other channels but the actors had no voices. Last night on 9/12 we paused the show to talk and upon hitting play the actors sounded like they were really far away at the end of a tunnel. On both occasions hitting stop and play again resolved the issue, I was even able to skip back and go over the same scene to ensure there was no video corruption.

Can you try a few things to narrow it down (one at a time, set them back if they don't help - you may need to set settings level to expert first):
In system/audio settings set "Keep audio device alive" to "always"
Does enabling omxplayer in video/acceleration settings help?
Does enabling passthrough in system/audio settings help?
In system/audio settings does setting "resample quality" from gpu to medium help?

What are you connected to? e.g. Pi->AV receiver->TV? Make and model?

popcornmix I will try and validate those questions later tonight but I have a RPi3->Denon AVR-991->Panasonic 50" Plasma from like 2010ish.

If I do passthrough won't I lose 5.1 audio since the RPi can't bitstream HD codecs and kodi now without passthrough is pushing them to PCM?

@popcornmix

I did everything you asked last night even passthrough and here is the log:

http://sprunge.us/BMCJ

Playing Dark Matter last night was ok but when I played a Blu-Ray remux the center channel was completely gone. It seems to be bad now, let me know if you need anymore details.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2016-09-15, 14:40)pyrodex Wrote: I did everything you asked last night even passthrough and here is the log:

No, I wanted you to try each of the suggestions one at a time, and determine whether the missing voices issue was present.
For each suggestion report back whether the bug is present or not.
(2016-09-15, 12:23)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 04:50)MicTie Wrote: Since about 1 week subtiltes are displayed until a new sub-title starts. Using .srt-subtitles

Identifying the exact build that introduced the problem would help narrow it down.

According to here is was build 907. I observed it the next day, but not sure if I did an update that day
(2016-09-15, 15:39)MicTie Wrote: According to here is was build 907. I observed it the next day, but not sure if I did an update that day

I'd say it's unlikely to be #907 based on the list of commits. Would be useful if you could test that build and the ones before to be sure.
(2016-09-15, 15:20)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 14:40)pyrodex Wrote: I did everything you asked last night even passthrough and here is the log:

No, I wanted you to try each of the suggestions one at a time, and determine whether the missing voices issue was present.

Oh ok. I will do it tonight and report back.
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
@Milhouse: I'm using the HifiDigi+ with Wolfson chipset in #0911, but sound seem like not good. So do I need to re-configuration / update follow Hias's instruction ?
(2016-09-15, 18:10)TVPL Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm using the HifiDigi+ with Wolfson chipset in #0911, but sound seem like not good. So do I need to re-configuration / update follow Hias's instruction ?

Not as good as what?
If audio was better in a previous Milhouse build then then identify the first build with the problem by testing older builds.
If you were using a different build previously then indicate exactly which build.

Also try to describe what not as good means. It is clearly distorted? Quiet? Very subtly different?
(2016-09-15, 18:53)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 18:10)TVPL Wrote: @Milhouse: I'm using the HifiDigi+ with Wolfson chipset in #0911, but sound seem like not good. So do I need to re-configuration / update follow Hias's instruction ?

Not as good as what?
If audio was better in a previous Milhouse build then then identify the first build with the problem by testing older builds.
If you were using a different build previously then indicate exactly which build.

Also try to describe what not as good means. It is clearly distorted? Quiet? Very subtly different?
Mid, treble clearly but bass hums...
I've checked again: Hias's update for Wolfson's wm5102 chipset, not for Digi+ with wm8804G and Milhouse's config is correctly (in overlay/hifiberry-digi.dtbo)
(2016-09-15, 19:17)TVPL Wrote: Mid, treble clearly but bass hums...
I've checked again: Hias's update for Wolfson's wm5102 chipset, not for Digi+ with wm8804G and Milhouse's config is correctly (in overlay/hifiberry-digi.dtbo)

Are you using toslink connection? Is passthrough enabled?
What are you connected to? Have you ever had the hifiberry sounding good?
(2016-09-15, 15:51)pyrodex Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 15:20)popcornmix Wrote:

Oh ok. I will do it tonight and report back.

@popcornmix When I test them out do you want me to revert and move to the next thing or keep it and test the next thing?
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
(2016-08-31, 14:19)popcornmix Wrote: Testing #602 with the firmware (start.elf/fixup.dat) copied from #601 and #613 would be useful.
You could also test the very latest build with firmware from #601.

It appears to be caused by the firmware change in #0602, but we'd like to confirm that.
That should have been fixed in #613.
By #725 and later it is always possible there is a different issue that has similar symptoms.

using the #0613 build itself didn't make any difference, I still see the issue. I also notice that will all the problem builds, I see 1 cpu running at 100%. I don't see that with the #0531 build.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19