• 180(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
New libcec is out, please add it so we can test avr power on issues.
https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/co...b2ae2125cd
(2016-10-25, 17:59)mdodig Wrote: New libcec is out, please add it so we can test avr power on issues.
https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec/co...b2ae2125cd

No, because libcec 4.0.0 is not compatible with Kodi 17.

There will be libcec 3.2.0 in the next build, then we wait for Kodi to catch up.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Can you explain, please?
So no libcec 4 in Kodi 17, but there will be 3.2.
Do we need to wait for stable Kodi 17, or libcec 3.2 can be used in beta?

Are those changes from release branch merged to 3.2 master?

And most important, when you say "libcec 3.2 in the next build", you mean tomorrow? Smile
(2016-10-25, 22:16)mdodig Wrote: Can you explain, please?
So no libcec 4 in Kodi 17, but there will be 3.2.
Do we need to wait for stable Kodi 17, or libcec 3.2 can be used in beta?

I've no idea about 4.0.0 support in Kodi 17. We're in a beta period now with Kodi 17 so I wouldn't be surprised if libcec 4.0.0 is for Kodi 18. At least, that would be the sensible choice.

libcec 3.2.0 appears to be backward compatible so I'll see if we can include it in these Kodi 17 builds, otherwise 3.2.0 will be dropped.

(2016-10-25, 22:16)mdodig Wrote: Are those changes from release branch merged to 3.2 master?

Have a look on the libcec github, I've no idea where the changes came from as I only follow master. The release branch looks dead to me.

(2016-10-25, 22:16)mdodig Wrote: And most important, when you say "libcec 3.2 in the next build", you mean tomorrow? Smile

Tonight.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #1025: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.8.4 #1 Tue Oct 25 21:04:53 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 25 2016 17:02:22
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cd1ab218dc23c84d9e6d984385a57f2471600300 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20161025210352-#1025-gc34df6f [Build #1025]

# Kodi version
Kodi (17.0-BETA5 Git:a3dba41). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c34df6f1, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a3dba41f, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
    popcornmix Wrote:Pushed a firmware which fixes a bug with colourspace when encoding RGB images to jpeg. The bug resulted in jpegs not looking as bright as they should. In theory this can affect kodi, but I'm not sure if it will in practice. Encode only, so will only affect jpegs added to texture cache. The normal caching path does GPU decode->resize->encode which doesn't involve RGB so shouldn't be affected. I think video thumbnail generation may be affected (but they are disabled by default). Let me know if you spot any different looking jpegs in cache.
  2. Kodi 17 Beta5 development opens
  3. libcec 3.2.0
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 25):
    • firmware: Video_decode: Check licenced codecs at component create
    • firmware: dispmanx: Report transform or display as the display_rotate variable. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Don't lose force_turbo when initial_turbo completes. See: link
    • firmware: mmal: improvements to mmal_queue code
    • firmware: arm_dt: Silence system-supplied dtparams
    • firmware: vc_image: Remove obsolete processor support using _VC_VERSION
    • firmware: vc_image: Include colourspace in RGB to YUV conversions
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (PR:882, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • pkg-config: update the source url to avoid a slow HTTP redirection (PR:880, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi: update to 17.0-beta4-bd17e63 (PR:881, 6 commits, 14 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • bump to 17.0 beta 5 (PR:10747, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • added: 2 Missing redactions for CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream() (PR:10767, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fixes for hls (PR:10766, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • fix skin settings loading on skin reaload (PR:10751, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. libcec:
    • changed: split up libCEC, .Net implementations, driver and build scripts (9697ab3d)
  5. pvr.vbox:
    • Series implementation (PR:144, 3 commits, 17 files changed)
  6. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • AE: fix mem leak (0651614a)
      • VideoPlayer: fix memleaks in vdpau and vaapi (aaabd6fa)
  7. kernel 4.8.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • FIXUP: pisound: Fix a warning in DEBUG builds (b4c5ab42)
(2016-10-25, 15:29)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 14:33)donbrew Wrote: The problem seems to be in the "remember" part. 1018 remembers that I had done it but 1022 didn't. 1024 remembers from when I logged in from 1018, so it is asking for login to machines that have not been logged into before.

Can you try rebooting all of your Windows machines? There is no password for the LibreELEC Samba server, you access it as the Guest user.

Windows can browse LE, But, Samba password authentication needs to be turned on in LE with a username and password..

Reboot of Windows fixed that. I don't fully understand why, but it is fixed.

Now Windows can browse LE without a uname and pword but LE cannot browse Windows without a uname and password, LE can remember the windows credentials now.

My tvguide.xml is on the LE card that is why it was an issue.
#1025 is still broken wrt audio/video progressively further out of sync when I play back recordings.

Still see all three (s/w, omx, and mmal) modes broken and unusable.
(2016-10-26, 00:56)mikeb8591 Wrote: #1025 is still broken wrt audio/video progressively further out of sync when I play back recordings.

Hi Mike,
I've tried your sample file from a while back and if I have "Sync playback to display" set ON it plays perfectly, if I have it turned OFF the sound is out of sync with the video.
The setting is under "Player Settings" "Videos". No idea why this might be? @popcornmix. Give it a try.
It does look like it's using SW decoding and on my Pi3 is using approx %50 on all four cores, interestingly, I tried it on a Pi1 (Slice with a MPEG-2 licence) and it played back fine either with or without "Sync playback to display" set ON, so I'm unsure what is going on?
Regards, Kevin.
Hello

I have a problem with Amazon prime Video!

Audio is OK!
But only black screen!

Can anyone help me!

Build #1025 installed but thesame problem!
(2016-10-26, 13:48)sic21 Wrote: Hello

I have a problem with Amazon prime Video!

Audio is OK!
But only black screen!

Can anyone help me!

Build #1025 installed but thesame problem!

That's a known issue, currently no fix for this (but there working on it). More info here: https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/issues/15
(2016-10-26, 13:00)bleep42 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 00:56)mikeb8591 Wrote: #1025 is still broken wrt audio/video progressively further out of sync when I play back recordings.

Hi Mike,
I've tried your sample file from a while back and if I have "Sync playback to display" set ON it plays perfectly, if I have it turned OFF the sound is out of sync with the video.
The setting is under "Player Settings" "Videos". No idea why this might be? @popcornmix. Give it a try.
It does look like it's using SW decoding and on my Pi3 is using approx %50 on all four cores, so would probably struggle on anything lower Pi1 definately Pi2 don't know, might cope.
Regards, Kevin.

With default settings and an MPEG-2 codec licence I see no sync issues with the clip with either MMAL or omxplayer.
Without an MPEG-2 codec licence MMAL/omxplayer can't be used so it does software decode.
Software decode with advanced deinterlace is too slow hence the out-of-sync or dropped frames . Switching off deinterlace or switching to bob deinterlace fixes the issue.

Is that the situation you guys are seeing?
(2016-10-26, 15:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 13:00)bleep42 Wrote:

Hi Mike,
It does look like it's using SW decoding and on my Pi3 is using approx %50 on all four cores, so would probably struggle on anything lower Pi1 definately Pi2 don't know, might cope.
Regards, Kevin.

With default settings and an MPEG-2 codec licence I see no sync issues with the clip with either MMAL or omxplayer.
Without an MPEG-2 codec licence MMAL/omxplayer can't be used so it does software decode.
Software decode with advanced deinterlace is too slow hence the out-of-sync or dropped frames . Switching off deinterlace or switching to bob deinterlace fixes the issue.

Is that the situation you guys are seeing?

Hi Popcornmix,
Personally I don't have any problems, my setup works better than I ever hoped, so thanks. :-)
I have tried the sample again, with "Sync playback to display" set OFF which on my (overclocked)Pi3 makes the sound go out of sync.
If I then change deinterlace to either OFF or MMAL-Advanced(half) or MMAL-Bob(half) the file does play back fine.
If I use Auto or MMAL-Advanced or MMAL-Bob, the sound goes out of sync.
So it sounds from your comments above that this is to be expected with software decoding, in which case it might be worth Mike splashing out £2.40 (say $3) on a MPEG-2 licence because that same test file plays fine on my Pi1 with a licence.
Thanks Popcornmix. :-)
Regards, Kevin.
(2016-10-25, 17:44)Aux_ Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 13:42)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 09:49)Aux_ Wrote: I think with build #1024 CEC issue has returned. If tv longer time out, CEC loses connection after power on. The connection is still about a second and then suddenly gone.

Can you confirm the exact build you believe the problem started with?
i.e. does reverting to #1023 resolve the issue?

I will test it with build #1023 over the night, but I'm almost sure the problem has returned with build #1024.

With build #1025 CEC issue was eliminated :-)
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
is there an image file of your builds? i want to try usb boot, since next branch is now used. or is there any other way to write your builds to usb/sd?
Is anyone having issues with CEC passthorugh not working?

last few builds my tv remote now wont control LibreElec.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Trying the 25/10/2016 build now ?( was on the 24/10/2016)
  • 180(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19