• 204(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-22, 14:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 08:57)allan87 Wrote: That alleviates the problem. It had been on auto.

Can you also try adding:
Code:
core_freq=400
to config.txt and test again with deinterlace set to auto?
(That is a default setting on Pi3 which doesn't seem to have this issue, but isn't a default on Pi2, although it is something I am contemplating).
yes, that also fixes the problem.
(2016-11-22, 23:02)grisia Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 19:46)ksooo Wrote: @grisia can you confirm this issue fixed in latest build?

@ksooo I'm now on Build #1121 and behavior for me is like before. Still no sub groups.

@grisia the following is just theory as I'm not able to reproduce the problem. Maybe I'm wrong with this, need your help to get clarity.

Looking at the screen shots I fear that your directory structure on disk is somehow "broken" and that latest changes in Kodi reveal that this only worked by chance.

Look at the first shot of the 'working' build. You see in the sidebar on the right, that the "Disney Jr." folder contains only three items? This is, what is actually on your hard disk in the "Disney Jr." folder. The sidebar, compared to the listing on the left, seems not to be buggy. Listing on the left was fixed for latest Kodi and now it also displays the three items which are actually in the physical directory on your disk.

So, to confirm my thesis or to disprove it, could you please tell me how the structure on your hard disk (!) looks like for the disney Jr -> wunderhaus path shown in the screen shots?
Is anyone having issues with streams (think they are HLS) such as learningit's NBC and Syfy addons from the kodi repo?
They've always worked fine until recent builds, now getting error messages and episodes won't stream. I've gone back to build 1024 for now as this is stable. Had sporadic success in getting episodes to play in 1026. 1101 onwards, no episodes work.
If this is not a known issue I'll reinstall the latest build and send over a debug.
Thanks
(2016-11-23, 09:19)ksooo Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 23:02)grisia Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 19:46)ksooo Wrote: @grisia can you confirm this issue fixed in latest build?

@ksooo I'm now on Build #1121 and behavior for me is like before. Still no sub groups.

@grisia the following is just theory as I'm not able to reproduce the problem. Maybe I'm wrong with this, need your help to get clarity.

Looking at the screen shots I fear that your directory structure on disk is somehow "broken" and that latest changes in Kodi reveal that this only worked by chance.

Look at the first shot of the 'working' build. You see in the sidebar on the right, that the "Disney Jr." folder contains only three items? This is, what is actually on your hard disk in the "Disney Jr." folder. The sidebar, compared to the listing on the left, seems not to be buggy. Listing on the left was fixed for latest Kodi and now it also displays the three items which are actually in the physical directory on your disk.

So, to confirm my thesis or to disprove it, could you please tell me how the structure on your hard disk (!) looks like for the disney Jr -> wunderhaus path shown in the screen shots?

@ksooo I realized that sidebar on the right only contains files of a group. But until now I ignored that. I would think that is since the first build of Kodi 17... I don't know. For me left side shows correct content until Build #1115.

For completeness here is the folder structure:

Code:
supervisor@pvr ~ % tree /mnt/shares/storage/media/records
/mnt/shares/storage/media/records
├── Das Erste HD
│   ├── Der Medicus_Spielfilm Deutschland 2013 (The Physician)-1.mkv
│   └── Nuhr 2015 - Der Jahresrueckblick.mkv
├── Disney Jr. HD
│   ├── Aristocats_Aristocats _ R_ Wolfgang Reitherman.mkv
│   ├── Freundschafts-Geschichten mit Winnie Puuh
│   │   ├── Freundschafts-Geschichten mit Winnie Puuh_10_Lesen mit Eule.mkv
│   │   ├── Freundschafts-Geschichten mit Winnie Puuh_11_Ruhs Ausflug.mkv
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
│   │   └── Freundschafts-Geschichten mit Winnie Puuh_9_Vergissmeinnicht.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus
│   │   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_10_Donald Duck Wunderhaus.mkv
│   │   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_10_Ein Paeckchen fuer Donald.mkv
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_9_Micky und der Goldfisch.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus - Das Weltraum-Abenteuer
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus - Das Weltraum-Abenteuer_4_Das Weltraum-Abenteuer.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus - Der Zauberer von Dizz
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus - Der Zauberer von Dizz_5_Der Zauberer von Dizz.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Die kaputte Mitmach-Maschine
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Die kaputte Mitmach-Maschine_15_Die kaputte Mitmach-Maschine.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Die Wunderhaus-Weltreise
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Die Wunderhaus-Weltreise_17_Die Wunderhaus-Weltreise.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Mickys Monster-Musical
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Mickys Monster-Musical_9_Mickys Monster-Musical.mkv
│   ├── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Mickys Piratenabenteuer
│   │   └── Micky Maus Wunderhaus_ Mickys Piratenabenteuer_16_Mickys Piratenabenteuer.mkv
│   ├── Robin Hood.mkv
│   ├── Robin Hood_Robin Hood _ R_ Wolfgang Reitherman.mkv
│   └── Sheriff Callie's Wilder Westen
│       └── Sheriff Callie's Wilder Westen_20_Tobis Schnurrbart - Doktor Quacksalbs Chili.mkv
├── VOX HD
│   ├── Die Hoehle der Loewen.mkv
│   ├── Outlander
│   │   ├── Outlander_10_Schlachtplan.mkv
│   │   ├── Outlander_11_Rache.mkv
│   │   └── Outlander_9_Bereit zum Kampf.mkv
│   └── Outlander - Die Dokumentation
│       └── Outlander - Die Dokumentation.mkv
├── ZDF HD
│   ├── heute-1.mkv
│   └── heute-2.mkv
└── ZDFneo HD
    ├── Bares fuer Rares_Die Troedel-Show mit Horst Lichter-4.mkv
    ├── Bares fuer Rares_Die Troedel-Show mit Horst Lichter-5.mkv
    ├── Bares fuer Rares_Die Troedel-Show mit Horst Lichter-6.mkv
    └── Bares fuer Rares_Die Troedel-Show mit Horst Lichter-7.mkv

33 directories, 287 files
@grisia thanks for file tree. I think I now know what goes wrong and I'm pretty confident that I can come up with a proper fix soon. :-)

As a quick test, could you perhaps temporarily rename the folder "Micky Maus Wunderhaus" to "greetings from ksooo", restart kodi and look whether now a folder "greetings from ksooo" appears under "Disney Jr. HD" and that the content of "greetings from ksooo" is all the "Mickey Maus Wunderhaus" files?
(2016-11-22, 19:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 19:28)hanspeter Wrote: start.elf/fixup.dat are identical, but bootcode.bin does the trick, been running for 18hrs with #1121 and the bootcode.bin from #1119, rocksolid, including "full" overclocking (arm=1000/gpu=500/sdram=500/all overvoltage=2,forceturbo), so it at least looks like bootcode is the cause...

Can you run with latest bootcode.bin and add "total_mem=1008" to config.txt?
That should be roughly the same as the previous bootcode.bin.

Running now on #1121 and #1121, vcgencmd get_mem arm shows arm=688M for 21hrs+, no crashes anymore Laugh.

Should i test anything else? I'm obviously the only one with the problem, is it possible another configuration option causes the crashes? My config is pretty basic, the only special thing i could think of is the emby-sync-plugin, which is a real memory-hog, is it possible that this (or some other addon) fulls up to the limit and then it crashes?

I'm not a programmer, but doesn't this smell like the GPU thinks the 16MB is still hers, and as soon as it's used by the OS, kaboom?
(2016-11-23, 12:06)drdwridav Wrote: If this is not a known issue I'll reinstall the latest build and send over a debug.

Not specifically, I don't think, so a debug log from the latest build would be useful, thanks.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-11-23, 15:49)hanspeter Wrote: I'm not a programmer, but doesn't this smell like the GPU thinks the 16MB is still hers, and as soon as it's used by the OS, kaboom?

There are hundreds of users of these builds. I think an issue like that would be hit by more than one user.
Note linux uses all free memory for file caching, so even if kodi isn't using all memory, it will after a while all contain important data.

It seems something is unusual with your hardware or configuration.

Can you detect the problem more quickly with this:
Code:
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6twfxt63vchcio/memtester?dl=0 -O memtester
chmod +x memtester
systemctl stop kodi
./memtester 512M

(use a higher size than 512M if that doesn't spot a problem)

Can you test a fresh install and see if that still has crashes for you? (Don't adjust config.txt or install any extras).
If it does, there may be a hardware problem. If it doesn't then something you have configured/installed has caused it and it would be good to identify what.
(2016-11-21, 23:32)hanspeter Wrote: This one freezes (ssh and serial-console dead, log stops), with random colored noise on the screen, not reproducable, sometimes while playing video, sometimes while idle with black screensaver on; happened six or seven times in the last 18h...

Anyone else seeing this...? The screen looks really like random memory is spilling into the screen, guess this is somehow related to the new bootcode?

I have the same problem with #1121 #1122 and #1120 on Rpi3

config.txt is untouched beside the keys for hardware decoding.
(2016-11-23, 17:02)arndtw Wrote: I have the same problem with #1121 #1122 and #1120 on Rpi3

Try adding "total_mem=1008" to config.txt.
I need to find a way to reproduce. If you aware of any operations or settings that provoke it, that would be useful information.
(2016-11-23, 17:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 17:02)arndtw Wrote: I have the same problem with #1121 #1122 and #1120 on Rpi3

Try adding "total_mem=1008" to config.txt.
I need to find a way to reproduce. If you aware of any operations or settings that provoke it, that would be useful information.

I got two random hangs as well since the build that give more ram.. one with a blank screen and one with video all garbled up.. in both cases was a complete hand not just kodi.. ie. could not ssh to box.. will keep trying to find a patern..
(2016-11-23, 17:02)arndtw Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 23:32)hanspeter Wrote: This one freezes (ssh and serial-console dead, log stops), with random colored noise on the screen, not reproducable, sometimes while playing video, sometimes while idle with black screensaver on; happened six or seven times in the last 18h...

Anyone else seeing this...? The screen looks really like random memory is spilling into the screen, guess this is somehow related to the new bootcode?

I have the same problem with #1121 #1122 and #1120 on Rpi3

config.txt is untouched beside the keys for hardware decoding.

thank god, at least i'm not crazy Wink. Let's try to find similaritys in our system. I'm on a RPi2, so it's not a SoC-Version specific thing.

advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
        <cache>
                <buffermode>1</buffermode>
                <memorysize>41943040</memorysize>
                <readfactor>10.0</readfactor>
        </cache>
        <pvr>
                <minvideocachelevel>0</minvideocachelevel>
                <minaudiocachelevel>0</minaudiocachelevel>
                <cacheindvdplayer>false</cacheindvdplayer>
                <numericchannelswitchtimeout>500</numericchannelswitchtimeout>
        </pvr>
        <videolibrary>
                <recentlyaddeditems>250</recentlyaddeditems>
        </videolibrary>
        <splash>false</splash>
        <cputempcommand>sed -e 's/\([0-9]*\)[0-9]\{3\}.*/\1 C/' /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp</cputempcommand>
        <omx>
                <omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>1</omxdecodestartwithvalidframe>
        </omx>
</advancedsettings>

installed addons:

Code:
metadata.album.universal                  repository.emby.kodi                      script.module.autocompletion
metadata.artists.universal                repository.robwebset                      script.module.beautifulsoup
metadata.common.fanart.tv                 resource.images.moviegenreicons.coloured  script.module.kodi65
metadata.common.imdb.com                  resource.images.musicgenreicons.text      script.module.requests
metadata.common.musicbrainz.org           resource.images.recordlabels.white        script.module.routing
metadata.themoviedb.org                   resource.images.studios.coloured          script.module.simplejson
plugin.program.autocompletion             resource.images.studios.white             script.module.youtube.dl
plugin.video.emby                         resource.images.weatherfanart.multi       script.openweathermap.maps
plugin.video.emby.movies                  resource.images.weathericons.animated     script.tvtunes
plugin.video.emby.musicvideos             script.extendedinfo                       script.videoextras
plugin.video.emby.tvshows                 script.globalsearch                       virtual.rpi-tools
plugin.video.youtube                      script.image.resource.select              weather.openweathermap.extended
repository.beta.emby.kodi                 script.module.addon.signals               webinterface.chorus
anything that sound familliar?
(2016-11-23, 16:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 15:49)hanspeter Wrote: I'm not a programmer, but doesn't this smell like the GPU thinks the 16MB is still hers, and as soon as it's used by the OS, kaboom?

There are hundreds of users of these builds. I think an issue like that would be hit by more than one user.
Note linux uses all free memory for file caching, so even if kodi isn't using all memory, it will after a while all contain important data.

It seems something is unusual with your hardware or configuration.

Can you detect the problem more quickly with this:
Code:
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6twfxt63vchcio/memtester?dl=0 -O memtester
chmod +x memtester
systemctl stop kodi
./memtester 512M

(use a higher size than 512M if that doesn't spot a problem)

Can you test a fresh install and see if that still has crashes for you? (Don't adjust config.txt or install any extras).
If it does, there may be a hardware problem. If it doesn't then something you have configured/installed has caused it and it would be good to identify what.

the memchecker seems to run fine with up and including 628M. With 629M, it freezes after a few Stuck-Adress-Loops:

Code:
./memtester 629M
memtester version 4.3.0 (32-bit)
Copyright (C) 2001-2012 Charles Cazabon.
Licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2 (only).

pagesize is 4096
pagesizemask is 0xfffff000
want 629MB (659554304 bytes)
got  629MB (659554304 bytes), trying mlock ...locked.
Loop 1:
  Stuck Address       : testing   4

With 630M, it freezes immediatly on the first loop:

Code:
./memtester 630M

pagesize is 4096
want 630MB (660602880 bytes)
got  630MB (660602880 bytes), trying mlock ...locked.
Loop 1:
  Stuck Address       : setting   0

does this mean anything...?
(2016-11-23, 17:36)hanspeter Wrote: the memchecker seems to run fine with up and including 628M. With 629M, it freezes after a few Stuck-Adress-Loops:

Is this different with total_mem=1008 present and absent?
(2016-11-23, 17:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-23, 17:36)hanspeter Wrote: the memchecker seems to run fine with up and including 628M. With 629M, it freezes after a few Stuck-Adress-Loops:

Is this different with total_mem=1008 present and absent?

yes, it's lowered by 16MB, 613M works, 614M freezes:

Code:
./memtester 613M

pagesize is 4096
want 613MB (642777088 bytes)
got  613MB (642777088 bytes), trying mlock ...locked.
Loop 1:
  Stuck Address       : testing  11^C

./memtester 614M

pagesize is 4096
want 614MB (643825664 bytes)
got  614MB (643825664 bytes), trying mlock ...locked.
Loop 1:
  Stuck Address       : testing   1

same behavior also with the bootcode.bin from #1119, freezes with 614M. Is this expected, or is the memtester freezing with a large value already a symptom of this problem...?

edit: just tested another RPi2 with LibreElec #1122, memtester behaves the same and crashes with 614M...
  • 204(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19