• 218(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-12-06, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 01:21)jimmyg Wrote: After stopping playback of a 3D movie the interface is still doubled up in 3D mode and the resolution is very low about half of what it's supposed to be , I'm just guessing this though.
I've tried adjusting all relevant settings the only thing that brings the interface back to the normal 2D mode is to adjust the screen resolution from 1920 X 1080 to DESKTOP . Then when it happens the next time reverse this resolution setting, all from within KODI. It's not very clear navigating the interface though when the screen is doubled in this way.
Switching off 3D from the LG remote fixes it, but then this seems to disable the auto 3D switching next time around.
It would be nice if the Milhouse version of Libreelec could be tweaked to make all this work. I'm selling my TV to my brother so I don't think he would be very impressed if he constantly had to fiddle with the resolution settings of KODI every time he wanted to play a 3D movie.
This must be a basic incompatibility with the software as PowerDVD 15 works OK in Windows without this resolution problem . My LG TV LF652V is using the latest firmware upgrade.
I'm getting a different model of TV soon I'll try KODI with that new TV.

There is a test config.txt option "hdmi_muting" which may help. Have a look here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=269814&page=167

Popcornmix gave me some invaluable help on this, you just need to play with the muting setting until you get smooth transition. It does work...
(2016-12-06, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote: There is a test config.txt option "hdmi_muting" which may help. Have a look here:

Thanks popcornmix I'll give it a go.

This is also affecting other LG TV's I think, from the feedback I'm getting.
Why doesn't Milhouse fix the source ?
It can't be that hard can it ?

The main benefit of his tweaks to normal KODI is extra 3D functionality isn't it ?.
Or am I missing something here ?

Also as a side note. How do I get rid of that annoying lightning icon in the top right hand corner of the screen which even appears in playback mode. Is that supposed to signify an unusable alpha / beta release or something. ?
Could you point me in the direction of a non alpha /beta release without the icon.
(2016-12-06, 22:54)jimmyg Wrote: Why doesn't Milhouse fix the source ?
The source of the problem is probably the TV. So far we've only had one report of a TV not switching out of 3D mode.
If the hdmi_muting options help your case too, then I'll reconsider making it a default.

Quote:The main benefit of his tweaks to normal KODI is extra 3D functionality isn't it ?.
Or am I missing something here ?
Milhouse builds are not 3D specific. They allow testing of latest kodi, with latest libreelec builds.
Sometimes that means new features like 3D ISO, or accelerated MVC early, but these features will eventually come to standard builds.
(Both these features are in the standard LibeELEC Kodi builds now).

Quote:Also as a side note. How do I get rid of that annoying lightning icon in the top right hand corner of the screen which even appears in playback mode. Is that supposed to signify an unusable alpha / beta release or something. ?
Fix your power supply. It is inadequate. See here.
(2016-12-01, 10:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 10:28)meccs Wrote: While you guys mentioned LibreELEC Alpha/Beta: Can I switch to the current Beta from your ones? I tried it on a different RPi3 and it did boot and I had access to SSH but the picture just showed the boot (LibreELEC) logo.

Yes

I always just get the LibreELEC Alpha splash screen and nothing else when updating from this Testbuilds to LE Alphas. Log is normal except this:

ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

Edit: Ok, removing inputstreem fixed it (rm -r /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.*)
anyone know why I cant find the gui setting for hardware acceleration?
Crystal ball tells me you didn't switch to the expert level in the settings. Shouldn't we just close this thread here @Milhouse?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'd like to let it run down for a little bit longer but yes, it should be closed eventually - I'd be happy to see it closed next week.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-11-30, 14:30)eikman2k Wrote:
(2016-11-30, 14:18)eikman2k Wrote: to get Amazon Prime and sky go to run again, i need to delete
rm -fr /storage/.kodi/addons/inputstream.*

and then make an update to the newest version?

is this right, or have i to install anything by myself?

Ok this does not work, what must i do to get this working again, or should i go back to an older version?

Did you get out of the bootloop? i'm stuck too Sad
Post a link to your crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
just a small bug.... but instal from zip in the add ons... categories screen on top...this does not work on the pi and libre x64 x84
so i think its a kodi bug
(2016-12-12, 12:33)Warez Wrote: just a small bug.... but instal from zip in the add ons... categories screen on top...this does not work on the pi and libre x64 x84
so i think its a kodi bug

Is longer known and reported several times Blush
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2016-12-06, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 14:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 01:21)jimmyg Wrote: After stopping playback of a 3D movie the interface is still doubled up in 3D mode and the resolution is very low about half of what it's supposed to be , I'm just guessing this though.
I've tried adjusting all relevant settings the only thing that brings the interface back to the normal 2D mode is to adjust the screen resolution from 1920 X 1080 to DESKTOP . Then when it happens the next time reverse this resolution setting, all from within KODI. It's not very clear navigating the interface though when the screen is doubled in this way.
Switching off 3D from the LG remote fixes it, but then this seems to disable the auto 3D switching next time around.
It would be nice if the Milhouse version of Libreelec could be tweaked to make all this work. I'm selling my TV to my brother so I don't think he would be very impressed if he constantly had to fiddle with the resolution settings of KODI every time he wanted to play a 3D movie.
This must be a basic incompatibility with the software as PowerDVD 15 works OK in Windows without this resolution problem . My LG TV LF652V is using the latest firmware upgrade.
I'm getting a different model of TV soon I'll try KODI with that new TV.

There is a test config.txt option "hdmi_muting" which may help. Have a look here:

Popcornmix gave me some invaluable help on this, you just need to play with the muting setting until you get smooth transition. It does work...

I've tried "hdmi_muting". It just makes things worse. Only when I either reboot / switch off the RPI OR toggle the resolution does the TV come out of 3D mode.
I must be incredibly unlucky with the make of TV
Thanks for the advice anyway.
Hello,

its possible to update the 1st page with every update and the "Recent builds" with the short change overview?

Greetings Schmecks
The 1st page is up to date - there are no more Kodi 17 test builds after #1129. See this thread for Kodi 18 test builds.

Time to close this thread - thanks everyone that participated in the testing!
  • 218(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19