• 7(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-04-20, 10:49)_Spook_ Wrote: 2. Stop using xf86-video-intel driver, switch to xf86 modesetting driver instead. Intel users: please report regressions!

Why?

Quite often the associated PR contains all the answers.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-20, 13:58)diddle Wrote: Using Build #0418.
This may also be a tvheadend or pvr.hts issue... but since I'm using this build and all the Gurus are following this thread, I post here for clarification. Wink

The following happened, see also Kodi debug log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15946112/

21:44:53
switched to live TV channel "Das Erste", watched football. Not a single issue until:

22:46:25
end of the show, stream seems to be changing (guess the audi channels). Playback suddenly freezes, stutters, Audio dead, silience. Some seconds later Audio resumes, however the stream gets unwatchable from now on. Lots of block artifacts, stuttering. Does not recover from this...

22:47:03
I tried to skip forward (which helped sometimes). Stuttering remained. Same issue.

22:47:14
I stopped the stream. Afterwards I played again "Das Erste"... and all is fine again. Problem disappeared.

Any idea what happened here at 22:46:25? Seeing such symptoms quite frequently.

Thx
Diddle.

Please head over to the tvheadend part of the PVR forum and post your Debug Log there.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I just switched from fritsch build to milhouse build and after some skips in .ts-files I'm getting extreme playback hiccups (distortion, frame repeating, pausing etc.). This behaviour is reproducable every time I do some skipping. The kodi log is being flooded with "VAAPI" warnings/erros. I tried the latest milhouse build and many different older ones (even back to #0214). All l tried builds show the same behaviour on my Intel NUC 34010. Only switching back to a fritsch build (older or newer ones) solves this issue.

Kodi log: http://pastebin.com/Y9PHC3kR
(2016-04-20, 14:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 10:49)_Spook_ Wrote: 2. Stop using xf86-video-intel driver, switch to xf86 modesetting driver instead. Intel users: please report regressions!

Why?

Quite often the associated PR contains all the answers.

Mhm...I apperantly can't read...sowwy
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
I don't know if is

- New driver related

- new player related (beebox)

But i'm getting more black (blank) screen when i stop a movie (fritsch take patience Big Grin )

With chromebox i solved forcing gui 60hz, but with beebox problem is more problematic ....sometimes gui reappear on it's own after 1 min other time i need to restart kodi (reboot o restart via command)

I will try to force edid again and report here Blush
On latest Milhouse, and several Librelec versions previous, when either pausing or skipping ahead in a file with AAC audio, the audio either goes silent or is several seconds out of sync. This happens even if I stop a file at some point and attempt to start playback from the stopped time, it will be silent.

Log below

http://paste.ubuntu.com/15957472/
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0420: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.4.7 #1 SMP Thu Apr 21 04:09:42 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160421040821-#0420-gfee76be [Build #0420]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (fee76beb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e32c99e6, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Fix ffmpeg leaks (not fixing libass leaks)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [RFC] [ffmpeg] Fix memleaks (PR:9651, 9 commits, 15 files changed)
    • fixed: Wrong parent path comparisons + cleanup (PR:9639, 1 commit, 26 files changed)
    • Fix kodi's global doxygen with add of missing macros (PR:9653, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • fix unwanted exit of VDR UI (PR:76, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-20, 14:45)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 13:58)diddle Wrote: Using Build #0418.
This may also be a tvheadend or pvr.hts issue... but since I'm using this build and all the Gurus are following this thread, I post here for clarification. Wink

The following happened, see also Kodi debug log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/15946112/

21:44:53
switched to live TV channel "Das Erste", watched football. Not a single issue until:

22:46:25
end of the show, stream seems to be changing (guess the audi channels). Playback suddenly freezes, stutters, Audio dead, silience. Some seconds later Audio resumes, however the stream gets unwatchable from now on. Lots of block artifacts, stuttering. Does not recover from this...

22:47:03
I tried to skip forward (which helped sometimes). Stuttering remained. Same issue.

22:47:14
I stopped the stream. Afterwards I played again "Das Erste"... and all is fine again. Problem disappeared.

Any idea what happened here at 22:46:25? Seeing such symptoms quite frequently.

Thx
Diddle.

Please head over to the tvheadend part of the PVR forum and post your Debug Log there.

Thanks, Fritsch. Did that, see here.

Diddle
(2016-04-19, 20:20)Milhouse Wrote: We continue to ship the "os.openelec.tv" addon as part of LE7, and also these initial LE8 builds, for reasons of backward compatibility.

Longer term it will be dropped, and probably won't be in LE8 official releases, so addons should not depend on "os.openelec.tv" being available and should use "os.libreelec.tv" instead. As I'm not an add-on developer I don't know what the best solution for this is, from an add-on developers point of view - perhaps make both add-ons optional, and then decide which is available at run-time?

So why could the addon be missing here?
Code:
16:59:50 80373.945312 T:140280563066624   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.openelec.devupdate]: The dependency on os.openelec.tv version 4.0 could not be satisfied.
(2016-04-20, 15:51)mule1 Wrote: I just switched from fritsch build to milhouse build and after some skips in .ts-files I'm getting extreme playback hiccups (distortion, frame repeating, pausing etc.). This behaviour is reproducable every time I do some skipping. The kodi log is being flooded with "VAAPI" warnings/erros. I tried the latest milhouse build and many different older ones (even back to #0214). All l tried builds show the same behaviour on my Intel NUC 34010. Only switching back to a fritsch build (older or newer ones) solves this issue.

I can confirm that for my NUC 2820 too.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2016-04-20, 15:51)mule1 Wrote: I just switched from fritsch build to milhouse build and after some skips in .ts-files I'm getting extreme playback hiccups (distortion, frame repeating, pausing etc.). This behaviour is reproducable every time I do some skipping. The kodi log is being flooded with "VAAPI" warnings/erros. I tried the latest milhouse build and many different older ones (even back to #0214). All l tried builds show the same behaviour on my Intel NUC 34010. Only switching back to a fritsch build (older or newer ones) solves this issue.

With the latest build #0420 .ts-files are unwatchable because the hiccups begin right after the start of the playback. With builds #0419 and before the hiccups first start after some skipping as described above.
I also got another problem which i haven't had bevore on any other kodi version:

On some (most) videos the borders of the screen are cut off.
In the gui everything is fine, but as soon as a video plays its cut off. What can i do to solve this?
I have no issues with playback on latest build.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-04-21, 17:03)michi_jl Wrote: So why could the addon be missing here?
Code:
16:59:50 80373.945312 T:140280563066624   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.openelec.devupdate]: The dependency on os.openelec.tv version 4.0 could not be satisfied.
Run the following command and paste the output:
Code:
sqlite3 /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/Addons23.db "select * from installed where addonID like 'os.%'"
(2016-04-21, 20:23)michi_jl Wrote: I also got another problem which i haven't had bevore on any other kodi version:

On some (most) videos the borders of the screen are cut off.
In the gui everything is fine, but as soon as a video plays its cut off. What can i do to solve this?

When did this start? Did you first see this behaviour in #0420, or #0419 or earlier? What hardware (GPU) are you using - is it Intel GPU, AMD GPU or Nvidia?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11