• 50(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
Quote: Drop Intel modesetting

Just curios ...switched intel linux driver or what ?
Yeah - cause modesetting does not work reliable on stoneold hardware - I really hope this change won't make all others suffer, but we will see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
"New" intel drivers seems to work OK on new hardware
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Version #0608 fixes the problem I had with hardware acceleration and Chromium browser add-on on my Haswell Asus Chromebox with your testbuilds. (Hardware acceleration worked under LibreELEC 7.0.1.) Thanks.
Thumbs Up 
With the modesetting driver gone in #0608 so is my video issue
Hi,

Is there a new tvheadend version for #0608??
I get "tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

using service.multimedia.tvheadend-8.0.2-#0320-milhouse-v4.1-1710-g54b57cf.zip

thx
(2016-06-07, 21:13)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-06-07, 18:46)Tequilla9 Wrote: Here you are:

(Hope I have done it correctly)

Part 1 (Kodi and Sytem log): http://pastebin.com/hz7NUf9a

Part 2 (Audio, Journal log): http://pastebin.com/mnSgnbN7

Hope it helps to identify the problem. Please let me know when I should try something Wink

thx
Volker

Thanks, please turn on debuglogging and play the file for longer (10 minutes), please., don't open the codec info screen, but press a remote button every time you see the stutter. Also disable ffmpeg's component logging that is spamming us like hell. Then please only post the kodi.log - the rest is not relevant for now.

OK. Here you are:

Kodi log: http://pastebin.com/7YyuU2EN

I pressed everytime I could see the stutter the Vol+ key, hope you can see whats going on there Wink

Edit: After playing arround with the settings the only thing that solves the issue is to enable "Sync playback to display" - unfortunately there is no DTS HD passthrough anymore.

thx
(2016-06-04, 22:05)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-06-04, 19:08)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-06-04, 07:11)fritsch Wrote: Can you please reproduce with something _not_ VU+?

Disabled the VNSI and the VU+ Addon, changed framerate from 60Hz to 50Hz, rebooted and played a m2ts-file which has been recorded by VDR. Result: no audio and once again the error messages "no audio renderer".
Shall i post the logs?

I have no idea what is wrong, sorry. Open a trac.kodi.tv ticket and provide the Debug Log there. Best is to reproduce with a local file, when providing the logfile.

Hi Fritsch,

fyi: PR:431: Revert "Merge pull request #136 from lrusak/modesetting" resolved the issue (reproducible). Seems that "modesetting" driver is realy buggy (not only on stoneold hardware).
Not that sure. There were some heavy kernel changes in 4.6.2, too - but happy that it works for you, though it most likely has nothing to do with the modesetting driver.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah, ok. How can i test if it was resolved by kernel or driver change. Simply change the XORG.CONF to use modesetting?

Edit: Just had a look at the PR and saw that it is not that simple.
it's quite easy.

Create /storage/.config/xorg.conf with the content:

Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Driver      "modesetting"
Option      "DRI"  "3"
EndSection
(2016-06-09, 17:37)romanlum Wrote: Hi,

Is there a new tvheadend version for #0608??
I get "tvheadend: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.35: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

using service.multimedia.tvheadend-8.0.2-#0320-milhouse-v4.1-1710-g54b57cf.zip

thx
Switch to tvheadend42:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...headend42/
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-06-09, 21:23)fritsch Wrote: it's quite easy.

Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Option      "DRI"  "3"
EndSection
You were right, it wasn't the modesetting driver!
(2016-06-09, 22:40)mule1 Wrote:
(2016-06-09, 21:23)fritsch Wrote: it's quite easy.

Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Option      "DRI"  "3"
EndSection
You were right, it wasn't the modesetting driver!

The modesetting driver was the problem on my system
(2016-06-07, 21:56)fritsch Wrote: @Robby77: Do:

Code:
touch /storage/.config/forcedisplay

And reboot. Display comes up?

Yes just tried and works

Are you a wizard ? Blush
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11