• 91(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-01, 03:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 02:44)EricSol Wrote: Since Fritsch's Intel improvements have been dropped whats the easiest way to add them back?

Read the pull request. You should be able to add the xrandr commands to your autostart.sh.

If I am using the modesetting driver are these patches needed?
I downgraded for now the video output was just bad on my chromebox and not to sure how to setup an autostart script or what to put in it!
(2016-08-01, 04:18)Magoo32 Wrote: I downgraded for now the video output was just bad on my chromebox and not to sure how to setup an autostart script or what to put in it!

I used this for my chromebox

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Video 16:235 pass-through"
Lightbulb 
(2016-08-01, 02:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 02:13)madhits Wrote: Please dont drop SIL680 its only a few KB kernal edit and really will make my system complete. Even if I have to stay on this build forever its fine.

But the build doesn't work because of your graphics card... what point is there in retaining support for the SIL680 when you (the only person that needed it) can't use it? Or am I missing something here?

I suppose your right. I have been trying for nearly a month to get SIL680 to work with my current Kodi 16.1/xpenology system. Tried Ubuntu minimal, kodibuntu, opensuse kodi and no matter what I ran into problems usually with video. See: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-984-po...ml#pid7639

I followed lrusak guide on how to make the build myself and failed more times than I can count. My skills just arnt up to snuff for getting this to work. I will gladly stay on 16.1 kodi for the foreseeable future if I can at least get a build that includes sil680. Now heres the big question. Would you be willing to make me a current stable build of LibreElec 16.1 with Sil680.

I would be forever grateful. Big Grin

For the record I have 3x systems with Geforce series 7 cards. So this next release will kill all 3 systems in a single blow. Also this is strange, appears that Driver for Linux 340.96 does support geforce series 7 cards. See: http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/f...ion/17051/

Update: Ok according to what Ive read 340.96 is for series 8 & 9 but the driver update in 340.96 is identical to series 6 and 7 driver update in 304.131. So LibreElec is choosing to drop series 6 and 7 cards because its just 1 more driver rather than it being some fault of my hardware. That really sucks. "Nvidia also released legacy drivers on the same day for the GeForce 6 and 7 series, and those are marked with the 304.131 version. The changelog is identical with the 340.96 driver mentioned above."

Update 2: Include [env] patch: xf86-video-nvidia-legacy: bump 304.131 to 340.96 that killed my 3 systems in 1 update. Good Grief..
@madhits I'm afraid I don't build LibreELEC with 16.1.

I suggest you start a new thread (on the LE forum) or continue posting in your existing LE thread and try to create your own custom build. You should just have to change the xf86-video-nvidia-legacy package to use the older 304 driver (hopefully it will build against the 4.7 kernel), enable the SIL680 config option, and then out should pop a build that works on your hardware. This way you can continue using current versions of Kodi with your old hardware. It sounds like you're mostly there - building LibreELEC usually isn't that hard, particularly on a Debian OS, just follow the guides.

Here's how you create my builds although bear in mind this is not the standard way to build LibreELEC and will require you to create a patch for your own custom changes (as all uncommitted changes are reset at the start of each build).

Building LE is obviously OT for this thread so please continue this discussion elsewhere - by all means post a link here to your new thread/discussion.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-01, 05:10)Milhouse Wrote: @madhits I'm afraid I don't build LibreELEC with 16.1.

I suggest you start a new thread (on the LE forum) or continue posting in your existing LE thread and try to create your own custom build. You should just have to change the xf86-video-nvidia-legacy package to use the older 304 driver (hopefully it will build against the 4.7 kernel), enable the SIL680 config option, and then out should pop a build that works on your hardware. This way you can continue using current versions of Kodi with your old hardware. It sounds like you're mostly there - building LibreELEC usually isn't that hard, particularly on a Debian OS, just follow the guides.

Here's how you create my builds although bear in mind this is not the standard way to build LibreELEC and will require you to create a patch for your own custom changes (as all uncommitted changes are reset at the start of each build).

Building LE is obviously OT for this thread so please continue this discussion elsewhere - by all means post a link here to your new thread/discussion.

Milhouse.. could I get you to go back to New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0417: Generic and add Sil680 to that build which has 304.131 driver. Ahhh who am I kidding that's the same question. Like I said in my other thread I have been trying to build in support for Sil680 for nearly 1 month without success. I've had continues errors. My other options are kodi builds based on other versions of linux and none have them work correctly with my s-video setup I have which works great in LibreElec 7.0.2.
I've just read your thread on the LibreELEC forum and haven't seen you post any information detailing why you are unable to create a custom build. I suggest you post (on the LibreELEC forum) details of the build issues you are having and then we can help you build your own custom solution with whatever drivers you require. Read the link I gave you for my build system, you should be building LibreELEC in a few minutes on Ubuntu.

Further discussion here is OT.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-01, 00:16)Milhouse Wrote: New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0731: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

[*]Drop Intel tear-free, triple buffer, passhtrough and limited-range commits (see PR:573 for details)

Oh no!!! Don't screw us all who use intel with TVs...Please?

Brian
(2016-08-01, 04:41)EricSol Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 04:18)Magoo32 Wrote: I downgraded for now the video output was just bad on my chromebox and not to sure how to setup an autostart script or what to put in it!

I used this for my chromebox

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output HDMI1 --set "Broadcast RGB" "Video 16:235 pass-through"

This works you can also check it by the command xrandr --verbose. If you are using the modesetting driver I don't think you need the other options in xorg.conf as I get
[1141989.043] (WW) modeset(0): Option "DRI3" is not used
[1141989.043] (WW) modeset(0): Option "TripleBuffer" is not used
[1141989.043] (WW) modeset(0): Option "TearFree" is not used
(2016-08-01, 05:38)Milhouse Wrote: I've just read your thread on the LibreELEC forum and haven't seen you post any information detailing why you are unable to create a custom build. I suggest you post (on the LibreELEC forum) details of the build issues you are having and then we can help you build your own custom solution with whatever drivers you require. Read the link I gave you for my build system, you should be building LibreELEC in a few minutes on Ubuntu.

Further discussion here is OT.

Just like robello84 i don't understand why but i can't build libreElec. Like I said I got errors like make: *** [system] Error 1
Command exited with non-zero status 2

& ./scripts/image: Permission denied
make: *** [release] Error 127

This kinda stuff is just way over my head. I am noob beyond noob. I need a SUPER dumped down method to get this to build Like I said 1 month trying, 3 different guides all different failures, mostly because I have no idea how to compile the kernal.
@madhits: I already gave you a link to a super dumbed down solution - if you can cut and paste you can build LibreELEC.
Disappointing that Fritsch's Intel patch is dropped. Surely it doesn't have too
(2016-08-01, 07:28)atoulmin Wrote: Disappointing that Fritsch's Intel patch is dropped. Surely it doesn't have too

Yes, and we know the patches work, and we know that Intel is better with them, but (as it turns out) Nvidia and other hardware might be worse off with them so as they stand they're not suitable for merging upstream.

If these patches are not suitable for merging upstream (and they're not) then what's the point in testing them further in these builds? The whole point of these builds is to test commits and patches that are likely to be merged in the future. Now that we know these patches - in their current form at least - will not be merged, they've been dropped.
Understand, but why fix something for Nvidia users by screwing over Intel users in the process?
(2016-08-01, 07:39)atoulmin Wrote: Understand, but why fix something for Nvidia users by screwing over Intel users in the process?

We gotta make our own builds. It seems LibreElec is only for the PI moving forward..
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11