• 95(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-02, 15:57)Ichabod Fletchman Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 15:44)_Spook_ Wrote: It is definelty possible. Just for fun I tried a clean install and it also works out of the box. So don't give up.

Wow, well tomorrow I will do some more tests and hopefully find an answer. Thanks for the help.

So, I just re-installed windows (now I have it dual booting to make it easier). And I can confirm that Windows 10 with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel can set the resolution to 3840x2160 60hz without issue.
Now that I have a working setup in Windows, are there any logs or details I can get from Windows that could show the difference between LibreELEC and Windows?
This really has me stumped.
(2016-08-03, 03:01)axbmcuser Wrote: I guess you did some fixing. I have the same problem with my own updated compile of LibreELEC just now - any hints what caused the problem so i can fix it?

(2016-08-03, 00:07)Milhouse Wrote:
  • #0802b: PR:10217: [linux] fix datadir (KODI_HOME) detection
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-08-03, 03:24)Ichabod Fletchman Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 15:57)Ichabod Fletchman Wrote:
(2016-08-02, 15:44)_Spook_ Wrote: It is definelty possible. Just for fun I tried a clean install and it also works out of the box. So don't give up.

Wow, well tomorrow I will do some more tests and hopefully find an answer. Thanks for the help.

So, I just re-installed windows (now I have it dual booting to make it easier). And I can confirm that Windows 10 with the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel can set the resolution to 3840x2160 60hz without issue.
Now that I have a working setup in Windows, are there any logs or details I can get from Windows that could show the difference between LibreELEC and Windows?
This really has me stumped.

Was explained multiple times: no alpin Ridge Support on linux yet. The pain of new Hardware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
But Alpine Ridge is just the thunderbolt controller no? It's strange that it works for me and not him.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
The Sony TV data linked in the earlier post says it can only do the off standard YCC 420 at 60Hz, but Intel linux drivers don't do YCC.
Hi all.
When I change or stop channel (stream) on PVR IPTVSimple kodi is going to reboot. Don't know its only me or its alpha bug (last @Milhouse nightly build).

Log:
http://pastebin.com/Zx9KPqAZ

Regards.
(2016-08-03, 16:00)Radziu_Oi Wrote: Hi all.
When I change or stop channel (stream) on PVR IPTVSimple kodi is going to reboot. Don't know its only me or its alpha bug (last @Milhouse nightly build).

Log:
http://pastebin.com/Zx9KPqAZ

Regards.
Highly unlikely your device is rebooting. More likely Kodi is crashing in which case you need to supply a crashlog - see note #4 in the first post which explains how to upload your crashlog. Enable debug logging, reboot, reproduce the problem then immediately upload the crashlog.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/tNuEKGv8
@Milhouse
Build #0802b broke my web-interface, I am using WIMM as web-interface but also tried the default interface.
on both I get "unable to connect" in Windows 8.1.
in Build #0801 both are working fine.
(2016-08-03, 17:56)Radziu_Oi Wrote: Crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/tNuEKGv8

Not a debug log (as requested) so your log contains limited information. I see PVR IPTVSimple errors, and eventually a crash in inputstream.rtmp, however the lack of log information probably means few people will investigate further. If you're lucky someone may try and reproduce the error, and provide a fix.
(2016-08-03, 20:11)jan-g Wrote: @Milhouse
Build #0802b broke my web-interface, I am using WIMM as web-interface but also tried the default interface.

Can you provide a debug log (from boot) of #0802b? Have you confirmed the webserver is running on the port you think it is with #0802b? The webserver is working fine for me (default web interface, default port 8080), and I don't see any webserver or network related changes in #0802b...
(2016-08-03, 20:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 20:11)jan-g Wrote: @Milhouse

Can you provide a debug log (from boot) of #0802b? Have you confirmed the webserver is running on the port you think it is with #0802b? The webserver is working fine for me (default web interface, default port 8080), and I don't see any webserver or network related changes in #0802b...

OK, found the problem, updating #801 to #802b disables "Allow remote controll via HTTP" under Services/Control.
enabled it and all is well again.
perhaps I need new glasses, because I changed port 88 that I normally use to the default 8080, so I should have noticed that.
went through the update from #801 to #802b twice and both times the setting got disabled.
(2016-08-03, 21:55)jan-g Wrote: OK, found the problem, updating #801 to #802b disables "Allow remote controll via HTTP" under Services/Control.
enabled it and all is well again.
perhaps I need new glasses, because I changed port 88 that I normally use to the default 8080, so I should have noticed that.
went through the update from #801 to #802b twice and both times the setting got disabled.

Ah yes, that's most likely due to PR10201 which moves a few settings around (including webserver) and doesn't preserve the old setting so the webserver is disabled again.

I can see that's going to cause a bit of a support headache when users upgrade to Kodi 17.

Thanks for spotting (and I know why my NUC worked in my previous reply - I'd installed an old build on there last night and forgot I'd done that. With #0802b I get the same behaviour as you).
Huh? The settings should be stored by setting id regardless of where the setting is.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11