• 104(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-07-30, 19:20)Milhouse Wrote: #0729 includes a merge that breaks a lot of remote controls - it's been reverted so tonight's #0730 build should be good. There's also a fix for auto-repeat in tonight's build, so should be good (as long as nothing bad is merged between now and the build...)

Skip Forward = and Skip Reverse (auto repeat) stopped working with #0729 and hasn't worked since.

Platform is Chromebox. Remote control sensor is FLIRC. FLIRC is programmed to use USB Keyboard codes. Problem should be repeatable using a USB keyboard.

Pressing the Skip Forward or Skip Reverse a single time works normally. Holding the key down causes Kodi to jump to Fast Forward or Rewind mode depending on which key is pressed. The program just starts running at a higher speed (2x, 4x, ect) instead of skipping forward (or reverse). The fixes advertised in #0730 are not working on my platform. The problem is still present on builds thru and including #0812.

Any suggestions?
Sorry, i'm not at home, will provide a debug log later. Build #0811 works.
(2016-08-13, 16:36)n2vwz Wrote:
(2016-07-30, 19:20)Milhouse Wrote: #0729 includes a merge that breaks a lot of remote controls - it's been reverted so tonight's #0730 build should be good. There's also a fix for auto-repeat in tonight's build, so should be good (as long as nothing bad is merged between now and the build...)

Skip Forward = and Skip Reverse (auto repeat) stopped working with #0729 and hasn't worked since.

Platform is Chromebox. Remote control sensor is FLIRC. FLIRC is programmed to use USB Keyboard codes. Problem should be repeatable using a USB keyboard.

Pressing the Skip Forward or Skip Reverse a single time works normally. Holding the key down causes Kodi to jump to Fast Forward or Rewind mode depending on which key is pressed. The program just starts running at a higher speed (2x, 4x, ect) instead of skipping forward (or reverse). The fixes advertised in #0730 are not working on my platform. The problem is still present on builds thru and including #0812.

Any suggestions?
Nothing to suggest: Was a bug, should work again after: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10290/...7769fb4894
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-13, 17:43)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-08-13, 16:36)n2vwz Wrote:

Any suggestions?
Nothing to suggest: Was a bug, should work again after: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10290/...7769fb4894

The github fix pertains to Rewind and Fast Forward, not skip behavior.

AutoRepeat appears to be malfunctioning. My skip interval is set to (-15sec, +15sec). If I press the right arrow 5 times, the program jumps ahead 75 seconds. This function is working normally.

If I press and hold the right arrow, the program jumps forward 15 seconds and then goes to 2X Fast Forward playback. This is not normal behavior. The progress bar should move forward until the button ts released and the program should jump to the point indicated by the progress bar.

Where should this problem be reported?

Can anybody else verify this behavior change?
Question 
I started using devel-20160811210443-#0811-gf808232 on the advice of some librelec people but my problem has persisted across version 7.0.2, 7.90.003, and 7.90.004. This issue did not exist on openelec 6.0.2

Basically occasionally when starting or stopping a video,or booting the system, my tv goes black and there's no audio or video. This happens both with local content and content streamed through the twitch.tv plugin. A power cycle of my TV and/or AVR resolves the issue every time.

My setup is an i3 4130t (haswell) connected to a Denon AVR1913 and then to a Samsung 6000 series tv, all via HDMI.

Most recently I enabled debug logging on the system and then rebooted, and was greeted with a black screen. Power cycling the TV brought everything back to life. Below I've linked the current kodi (debug) log as well as the most recent libreelec log.zip. Please let me know if there's anything further needed or if you have any advice for me. Thanks.

http://sprunge.us/DjKO
http://ommand.net/libreelec/log-2016-08-13-19.02.15.zip

Edit: I should also point out that there hasn't been a fresh install of this system done in quite some time, likely since openelec 5.x at a minimum. I'm not sure if that's a worth while first step or not.
Here's a really minor thing on
LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160812210421-#0812-g54cf9f3
LibreELEC git: 54cf9f343271f127892eb327a7dd1e6ea149562c

In the LibreElec->About page, the text at the bottom is overlayed on itself and garbled. The text is readable after it says
Quote:using PayPal. Making a donation is easy and takes only a couple of minutes.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0813: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.0 #1 SMP Sat Aug 13 21:17:09 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160813211514-#0813-g17fb8db [Build #0813]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (17fb8dbb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (475d3e29, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. PVR/EPG fixes
  2. PAPlayer pause fix
  3. VideoPlayer sync fixes
  4. Disable/Enable VAAPI/VDPAU depending on Intel/non-Intel GPU detection (updated PR:573)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • saphire: rebuild against 4.7 kernel (PR:619, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [epg] CEpg::UpdateEntry: Remove wrong error log. Not finding an epg e… (PR:10282, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • OpenGL texture mipmapping (PR:8409, 1 commit, 13 files changed)
    • [DVDVideoCodecIMX] - New implementation (PR:9253, 20 commits, 14 files changed)
    • [guiinfo] Fix fullscreen osd for non-PVR content. (PR:10281, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Fix PVR channels not working as Kodi startup window (PR:10280, 7 commits, 19 files changed)
    • [upnp] startup honors user settings. (PR:10249, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Application: Fix coverity CID 142068 (PR:10290, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: clock fixes (PR:10278, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix a/v sync correction for clock feedback mode (PR:10289, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [processInfo] reset audio/video codec info (PR:10283, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [OSX/CoreAudioDevice] - use the alternate method for retrieving the a… (PR:10287, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] media key: send also SDL_KEYUP (PR:10275, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix joystick input while app is in background (PR:10261, 4 commits, 8 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10284: VideoPlayer: fix false positive drop detection for ffmpeg decoder
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10291: paplayer: another fix for pause and speed
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I talked with chris wilson (the intel gpu driver writer) on irc a bit about the Braswell chips. For now there is no dedicated table for up clocking and downclocking the GPU used in kernel. That basically means: it always needs to have 99% load to go up from one performance state to the next higher. This is causing skips with lanczos3 scaler, when e.g. upscaling from 720p to 1080p.

Here is code, that loads the default tables, that upclock earliert (at 85%): http://sprunge.us/PQMf
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks @fritsch, I'll include that patch in tomorrow's #0814 build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
My problem continues on build #0813
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0814: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.0 #1 SMP Sun Aug 14 21:06:21 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160814210359-#0814-g17fb8db [Build #0814]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (17fb8dbb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (961d0121, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix home screen channel widget context menu. (PR:10286, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • paplayer: another fix for pause and speed (PR:10291, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix false positive drop detection for ffmpeg decoder (PR:10284, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • respect start_pts for omx_pts (32-bit) handling in aml (PR:10260, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • settings: Add settings option to control atempo resampling (PR:10234, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • [osx/XBMCHelper] - some fixes (PR:10285, 8 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [iOS/XMemUtils] - fix pagesize retrieval once and for all for all ios… (PR:10294, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Disable Travis autotools testing and addons. (PR:10292, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • add backward compatibility for AppearanceSettings (PR:10265, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell (linux)
Everything working good on the latest build.

I was wondering if somebody could help me Disable Deep Color?

I was reading sounds like I need to do something in Xorg.conf?

Using a Chromebox!

Thanks for your Time!
Ever since #813 and #814 I've noticed when skipping ahead in PVR playback of recorded shows it hangs/freezes. Now with normal playback of movies and TV shows (non-pvr) it is fine but PVR issues seem to have cropped up recently. As always debug log is below.

http://sprunge.us/MDcX
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
please i dont see my skystar2 tuner on tvheadend
(2016-08-15, 10:57)dellas60 Wrote: please i dont see my skystar2 tuner on tvheadend

Is your skystar2 currently working with an official LibreELEC release build, ie. 7.0.3?

If not, request support in the LibreELEC PVR/DVB forum.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11