• 110(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-21, 10:45)fritsch Wrote: No we can't. Cause all the new hardware is not supported by this old an ancient kernel.

And yes - the users with that issues did not care to report back, just ran away ... so upstream closed it, cause of no feedback. I don't have this problem with my Marantz AVR, so I cannot help without a user reporting it properly.

Okay, I re-opened the bug. Hard to believe this was originally reported to Intel "2014-02-15" and still not resolved.

The 44.1 kHz audio works fine on my Denon AVR also. Only the Samsung TV is incompatible with the newer kernels. Doing a google search I found another user who has the same problem with his Samsung TV on kernel 4.3+ so at least I'm not alone.

I guess most people only use the TV speakers for watching video which uses 48 kHz 99% of the time. Only music uses 44.1 kHz.
anyone else struggling to output more than 2 audio channels on hd codecs?
since i moved to LE7 and later from the EGL build of kodi 15.2 i can't output more than 2 channels, although in the debug log i don't see any clear reason

http://sprunge.us/LhjZ

anyone familiar with that?

the hardware is celeron 2955 asus cbox
(2016-08-22, 07:49)sh33p Wrote: the hardware is celeron 2955 asus cbox

Try deleting your guisettings.xml and reconfiguring just in case a setting has become screwed up. Ideally you should be performing a clean install when upgrading to a new major version (LE or OE).

Note that the following advancedsetting.xml properties have changed:
Code:
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>52428800</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>5.0</readbufferfactor>
See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2330682
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-08-22, 07:49)sh33p Wrote: anyone else struggling to output more than 2 audio channels on hd codecs?
since i moved to LE7 and later from the EGL build of kodi 15.2 i can't output more than 2 channels, although in the debug log i don't see any clear reason

http://sprunge.us/LhjZ

anyone familiar with that?

the hardware is celeron 2955 asus cbox

All fine in the Debug Log. It opens the correct number of channels and so on. From the handshake it seems that you use ARC functionality. Basically if you downgrade to 15.2 it should also not work :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
that's strange, in the sony avr menu, hdmi control is disabled, on the sammy tv its connected to a regular hdmi port, not to an ARC one (i hate that feature Big Grin)

what ill try this evening besides what milhouse suggested is to connect rpi2 with a fresh install and play some files, i know for sure that the avr can output 5.1 i've tested with ps4.
As you said: it's a regression from 15.2 - retry with 15.2 please - from the logs kodi does everything you want it to do. It even opens DTS-HD with 8 channels and 192 khz. I am totally not sure how this can ever end up as stereo.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
hi,
if i activate the dvbviewer or vu+ or mediaportal addon kodi says "couldnt load addon. unknown failure"
Hey guys,

Dont know whats the problem here is on the bottom. I think there is one textline above the other.

(2016-08-22, 17:52)magy77 Wrote: Hey guys,

Dont know whats the problem here is on the bottom. I think there is one textline above the other.

Hi thanks, it's a known issue and will be fixed before LE8 release.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
How do I check dropped or missed frames?
Before I could easily do that in "Codecinfo", but with new "PlayerProcessInfo" that info is not available.
(2016-08-23, 00:28)nuc-LE Wrote: How do I check dropped or missed frames?
Before I could easily do that in "Codecinfo", but with new "PlayerProcessInfo" that info is not available.

You can always map a key or button to "PlayerDebug" as this will bring up the "old" CodecInfo overlay.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0822: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.0 #1 SMP Mon Aug 22 22:46:35 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160822222244-#0822-gc5864e5 [Build #0822]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (c5864e58, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f5deb8d7, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. (Clean build)
  2. peripheral.joystick v1.2.0
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • Bump peripheral API - enable translating between controller profiles (PR:10299, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • Fix crash in slider control if range is zero (PR:10315, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [skin.estouchy] re-add assets to addon.xml (PR:10321, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [PVR] Fix regression in CPVRRecordings::UpdateEpgTags. (PR:10320, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [EPG] Fix limits for grid start value (must be 'now' - 30 minutes' latest). (PR:10319, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. peripheral.joystick:
    • [udev] Add udev implementation (PR:46, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • v1.2.0: Controller translation and udev support from RetroPlayer branch (PR:47, 29 commits, 59 files changed)
    • [addon.xml] Bump peripheral API to v1.0.22 (missed in b15053e) (56e322ca)
    • [addon.xml] Bump version to v1.2.0 for controller translation and udev suppport (2a69ba41)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:641: kodi: update to 17.0-beta1-81d5d26
(2016-08-23, 00:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-08-23, 00:28)nuc-LE Wrote: How do I check dropped or missed frames?

You can always map a key or button to "PlayerDebug" as this will bring up the "old" CodecInfo overlay.

Thank you, that worked well for me.
(2016-08-22, 11:02)dellas60 Wrote: hi,
if i activate the dvbviewer or vu+ or mediaportal addon kodi says "couldnt load addon. unknown failure"

Look at your debug log (wiki). Have you configured either of the addons before enabling them? Both addons must be configured with the address of a backend server, and enabling the addons without entering valid details will result in failure.

Upload your debug log (wiki) to a pastebin site and post the link if it's still a problem after entering valid details.
thank you my freind for your reply,yes i configuured it before enabling them,and this is my log:

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/3b9147...307aad79ea

thanks
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11