• 140(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
See the openelec wiki for fixating the EDID information.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-19, 07:50)jacko5 Wrote: @Milhouse,
The last 3 update builds do not boot on my Samsung chromebox,
What has changed from 3 builds ago ?
The last build that works for me is from 0909.
Thank you.

#0909 is 9 builds ago - do all 9 builds since #0909 fail to boot? How does it fail to boot - any on-screen messages, how far does it get (is it Kodi that fails to start or the whole PC)? I have to ask as you're the only person reporting this issue, and "does not boot" is not a very precise description.

I know what changed in #0910 - there were some package updates and a change to init - but this hasn't been a problem for anyone else (about 200 daily installations of these Generic test builds) and shouldn't prevent the PC from booting, although it might cause Kodi to fail (possibly the mysql bump, what's in your kodi.log?)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Quote: Build Details:
LibreELEC.tv:
kodi: update to 17.0-beta2-6e9d6fb (PR:746, 8 commits, 19 files changed)
XBMC:

Why beta 2 for 918 ? Build 917 reports beta 3
LibreELEC.tv:
XBMC:

(2016-09-19, 13:36)Roby77 Wrote:
LibreELEC.tv:
XBMC:

LibreELEC master has updated to Kodi 17 Beta 2, but these builds always use the latest Kodi master (which is now Beta 3). There are some things that will be reported in the changelog that are not particularly relevant to these builds, this is one of them (well mostly, there is a patch for pvr.dvblink in the Kodi 17 Beta 2 PR that is useful).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@fritsch I am having a problem trying to get xrandr working with my rx460 GPU, is it likely that the new driver will address that issue or is there another underlying problem?
Here is a dmesg log with both monitors connected

http://sprunge.us/PJhf
(2016-09-18, 23:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 23:42)madmarkym Wrote: @Milhouse I am not sure if you can help me with this or I if I need to revert to openmediaelec which I used successfully previously.
I am trying to configure my gyration remote with Lirc using this guide
http://kodi.wiki/view/How-to:Gyration_US...using_Lirc
The problem I am having is there is no etc/rc.local file or /etc/lirc/lircd.conf and that folder is locked.
Instead of ~usernamerunningxbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Keymap.xml I am using /storage/.kodi/userdate/keymaps/gem.xml (this was generate by the keymap, so I thought it best to use this file.
And instead of this file ~usernamerunningxbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml, I create /storage/.kodi/userdate/keymaps/Lircmap.xml.

Do you have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks again for your time.

Sorry, not a lirc expert by any stretch of the imagination. Presumably this is a "general" LibreELEC issue (same problem in 7.0.2?) in which case please ask on the LibreELEC forum for support. I need to restrict this thread to issues directly related to these builds, rather than try to solve every problem - hope you understand.

What I can say is that the equivalent of the /etc/rc.local file in LibreELEC is your /storage/.config/autostart.sh file. Not sure about /etc/lirc/lircd.conf, but someone on the LibreELEC team will know.

Sorry, I will take this Lirc problem to the LibreElec main forum
So, I did som playing around with the NUC6i5SYK and using a Club3D CAC-1170 (firmware 0x26) miniDP->HDMI 2.0 converter. This works fine with image sync. This converter uses the Paradtech PS176 chip, while Intel uses the Paradetech PS175 chip in the NUC6i7KYK.

My guess is that the problems I am having is firmware related. And hopefully Intel will release a new firmware soon. The current one is 0x20, so it's quite old.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-09-19, 13:31)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 07:50)jacko5 Wrote: @Milhouse,
The last 3 update builds do not boot on my Samsung chromebox,
What has changed from 3 builds ago ?
The last build that works for me is from 0909.
Thank you.

#0909 is 9 builds ago - do all 9 builds since #0909 fail to boot? How does it fail to boot - any on-screen messages, how far does it get (is it Kodi that fails to start or the whole PC)? I have to ask as you're the only person reporting this issue, and "does not boot" is not a very precise description.

I know what changed in #0910 - there were some package updates and a change to init - but this hasn't been a problem for anyone else (about 200 daily installations of these Generic test builds) and shouldn't prevent the PC from booting, although it might cause Kodi to fail (possibly the mysql bump, what's in your kodi.log?)

Milhouse,
Thanks for your reply.
I mean the last one that worked for me.. i do not download all your releases.
Well my i put your update ( have tried the last 3 ) into the "update" folder on the my samsung chromebox.
Then from libreelect i reboot the samsung and your updates loads in fully on restart.
Then the samsung restarts again, i get the libreelec splash screen then the box just hangs with no picture on my tv, but i know the box has started as i can see"LIBREELEC" on the network on my laptop, hence why i can put 0909 back onto the samsung chromebox ( modded to act like a PC ).
I then just put the 0909 update on it it installs and boots fine.
Then it sounds like your PC is booting perfectly, but kodi.bin is crashing for some reason.

Knowing the exact build when this problem started would help a great deal, so if you're able to work forwards from #0909 until you hit the first non-working build that would be great.

Also, can you ssh in to your box while it is running #0918 and paste the following:
Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
journalctl | pastebinit
cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit

If you haven't enabled ssh then you'll need to do this in the GUI while using #0909.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0919: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.4 #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 21:32:36 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160919213120-#0919-gef0f30a [Build #0919]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (ef0f30ad, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (df146924, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes FernetMenta "VideoPlayer" patches
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (c8188d82)
  • Includes latest libcec master (62b8520c, ahead +15)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (fac3a954, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (2c8ffc7b), inputstream.rtmp (70cb86f6, +1), inputstream.smoothstream (081c6c43), peripheral.joystick (263aa849), pvr.argustv (299088b5), pvr.demo (01c68c88), pvr.dvblink (ea3d98cc), pvr.dvbviewer (f72c62ff), pvr.filmon (675c2b4e), pvr.hdhomerun (eef1bd15), pvr.hts (48b2e261), pvr.iptvsimple (a4c52558), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (42c91b1c), pvr.mythtv (b1b426f3), pvr.nextpvr (4dabcf41), pvr.njoy (b5d65655), pvr.pctv (d6d969fe), pvr.stalker (168e35f7, +4), pvr.vbox (2750c92a), pvr.vdr.vnsi (da5fdd5a), pvr.vuplus (7ab30d34), pvr.wmc (d9eac84f)
  • Includes commits from xbmc/master, ahead +2 (FernetMenta)
  • Exclude [env] inputstream.rtmp-0001-temp-bump-version.patch: merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] libcec-PR208.patch: merged upstream (libcec)
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other)
  • Include [env] patch: Don't build ADSP addons
  • Include [env] patch: RPi2: Enable CONFIG_KERNEL_MODE_NEON
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*
  • Include [env] PR:738: scripts/mkimage: Add run mode, remember default selection, resize gpt partitions
  • Include [env] PR:751: init: pre-create /dev/console
  • Include [env] PR:752: linux: extra options for Baytrail and 32-bit EFI
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] 441217d8: logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: peripheral.joystick: Disable udev and see if stability improves (peripheral.joystick)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fix backwards test in Chris Wilson patch (link) (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (linux)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:10370: Add settings to control notification rumble duration and strength
  • Include [pkg] PR:10445: require click action to activate slider controls
  • Include [pkg] PR:10506: [PVR][guiinfo] Optimize implementation of System.HasPVRAddon. Also fixes possible deadlock on PVR startup.
Build Highlights:
  1. Move LibreELEC Settings addon button to Settings
  2. linux: extra options for Baytrail and 32-bit EFI
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Odroid_C2: bump Linux to 3b08361 (PR:750, 4 commits, 7 files changed)
    • libcec: shouldn't have dropped PR208 (PR:749, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • kodi-theme-Estuary: change config position (PR:747, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • linux-firmware build system rework (PR:739, 6 commits, 361 files changed)
    • linux: add missing 4.7.x options (PR:748, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake/addons] Fix packaging of binary addons on android (PR:10489, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Check if core_pattern contains a pipe to a program (PR:10490, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop obsolete player method HasFrame, fix subs for bypas… (PR:10501, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • Recently Played Albums exclude singles (PR:10486, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: make processInfo a smart pointer, fixes mem leak (PR:10502, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake/win32] Fix coverity build (PR:10448, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake/osx] Fix generating Xcode projects (PR:10495, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • ApplicationPlayer: Remove dead code (PR:10499, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • vaapi: lock gfx context on pre-cleanup (PR:10505, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Ticket#16638 - No proper handling of WM_DISPLAYCHANGE and related events (PR:10337, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix list of supported pixel formats given to ffmpeg (PR:10494, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. inputstream.rtmp:
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
hi,

when iam on live tv (tvheadenend) and when i active vdpau i notice artifictes and jerky on some sd channel. please help me.

http://sprunge.us/DMCS
(2016-09-19, 23:03)dellas60 Wrote: hi,

when iam on live tv (tvheadenend) and when i active vdpau i notice artifictes and jerky on some sd channel. please help me.

Try the latest build, your build is 2 weeks old.

Also, what version of tvheadend are you using? I provide current tvheadend42 builds here: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...vheadend42
(2016-09-19, 23:21)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 23:03)dellas60 Wrote: hi,

Try the latest build, your build is 2 weeks old.

Also, what version of tvheadend are you using? I provide current tvheadend42 builds here: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...vheadend42

thanks for your reply,

but i have the same issue with kodi on ubuntu with tvh 4.2
This weeks 4.8-rc7 kernel release, #0919x: Generic

This build swaps the Chris Wilson patch for the 4K patch. It does not include the LSPCON patch. It is built with gcc-6.2 (regular builds are with gcc-5.4). In all other respects, same as #0919.
  • 140(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11