• 126(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2018-09-10, 10:59)fritsch Wrote: In fact it's quite easy. The Problem is Windows - it assumes only itself on the disk. But there are howtos to accomplish that: https://www.technikaffe.de/anleitung-375...__openelec (german only, but google translate might be enough)
 great guide, i'll give it a try as i only have LE now, the "not easy" reference was to the part that you need to remove current WIN 10 installation an re-install from scratch. Is there a way to have dual boot from existing Win10 installation without re-installing?
I'd just backup my stuff and remove it :-) and then think twice if you want to install it again, hehe.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I hasten to inform you that there guys uraa the new BIOS has been adjusted to> Apollo Lake, we are stitching and writing. It turns out that 1.50 and 1.60 we skip them, although they are hidden, but they are downloaded immediately to 1.70 and 1.80, so it turns out?
(2018-11-10, 08:36)uteem Wrote: I hasten to inform you that there guys uraa the new BIOS has been adjusted to> Apollo Lake, we are stitching and writing. It turns out that 1.50 and 1.60 we skip them, although they are hidden, but they are downloaded immediately to 1.70 and 1.80, so it turns out?
 I did not understand a word but if someone is interested, there is BIOS 1.80 out for the ASRock J4205. Having had 1.40 myself I could flash 1.70 and then 1.80 without any issues following the instructions mentioned here:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX...ad&os=BIOS

Btw. I flashed from within the BIOS using an USB stick. I couldn't spot any changes/improvements so far but I also have not had any issues apart from occasional BIOS freezes within the BIOS itself.
Hi all,
I was looking at a ASRock Beebox J4205 for a LibreElec build to replace a failing NUC.
But reading through this thread am I right to assume I should stay away?

Are the claims of 4K@60Hz never going to happen?
One more thing, will any remote work on this box?
I also have an J4205 - 4K@ 60 works fine here. I have combined it with a FLIRC and use USB wakeup.

But - yes - it seems some guys in here (especially loud voiced ones) have issues with this device, while I never had issues.

As it's already 2019, go with a J5005 instead.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-02-13, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: As it's already 2019, go with a J5005 instead.
 Interesting,
Do they make an barebones Beebox with that board?
I can't seem to find it.

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/index.asp

<EDIT>
Looks like Intel only makes a barebones kit with the J5005 board:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1...7pjyh.html
I just so happen to have some DDR4 RAM laying around so I'll spend a little more and stick with NUC's
anyone looking to buy a Apollo lake nuc in usa pm me its modelNUC6CAYH has 120 ssd in it and 16 ram
I see there is a new HDMI firmware from November 2019 version 1.77.93.  There are no release notes, anyone know if there are any changes worth reinstalling Windows to update for?
(2020-05-06, 17:28)gwilly7 Wrote: I see there is a new HDMI firmware from November 2019 version 1.77.93.  There are no release notes, anyone know if there are any changes worth reinstalling Windows to update for?

No clue what the changes are, but flashed it anyway and working fine so far on my ASRock J3455-ITX.

PS: I did a bin compare with 1.66 and there are like 20% changes in the flash file itself, so it's not just some minor repack.
Hi I have a J4205 asrock too.
I use Ubuntu, but the sound doesn't work.
I try with Ubuntu 18, 20 and elementary, 
What operating system do you use?
and kernel? 
Thanks 

(2019-02-13, 08:05)fritsch Wrote: I also have an J4205 - 4K@ 60 works fine here. I have combined it with a FLIRC and use USB wakeup.

But - yes - it seems some guys in here (especially loud voiced ones) have issues with this device, while I never had issues.

As it's already 2019, go with a J5005 instead.
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9