Linux Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)
Hi, new to Kodi,

I'm trying to set my Raspberry Pi 3 with OpenELEC and "HMP-Combo DVB C/T2 Hybrid USB Tuner" to watch and record live-TV.

I used this step-by-step-guide as my guideline.

Somehow after completing all the steps in the guide my Kodi wont show any TV-channels under the "TV-menu" -Although I can see all the TV-channels by my browser in TVheadend.

Any thoughts how this could be fixed?
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-02, 08:06)jonnejonne Wrote: Hi, new to Kodi,

I'm trying to set my Raspberry Pi 3 with OpenELEC and "HMP-Combo DVB C/T2 Hybrid USB Tuner" to watch and record live-TV.

I used this step-by-step-guide as my guideline.

Somehow after completing all the steps in the guide my Kodi wont show any TV-channels under the "TV-menu" -Although I can see all the TV-channels by my browser in TVheadend.

Any thoughts how this could be fixed?

Hi,
I have the same problem with IPTV. Despite I can see all channels in muxes tab, the services tab is empty and kodi, client side, doesn't show me live tv.
Could someone help me please?
Many thanks.
(2017-02-15, 10:35)Odradek Wrote: Hi,
I have the same problem with IPTV. Despite I can see all channels in muxes tab, the services tab is empty and kodi, client side, doesn't show me live tv.
Could someone help me please?
Many thanks.

I actually just setup IPTV in addition to my current DVB-S channels.

Did you import an m3u file with the tvheadend wizard? You will need the latest TVheadend Add-on for that.

It works if you scan all muxes, just make sure you change the option for a timeout in the settings so it doesnt flood the IPTV server. I found out it only scanned about 3 channels at a time unless I added a 2 second timeout to the can in the mux settings.

I have it up and running now and its working fine, not worked out the EPG stuff yet for IPTV though.
(2017-02-15, 12:05)docwra Wrote: I actually just setup IPTV in addition to my current DVB-S channels.

Did you import an m3u file with the tvheadend wizard? You will need the latest TVheadend Add-on for that.

It works if you scan all muxes, just make sure you change the option for a timeout in the settings so it doesnt flood the IPTV server. I found out it only scanned about 3 channels at a time unless I added a 2 second timeout to the can in the mux settings.

I have it up and running now and its working fine, not worked out the EPG stuff yet for IPTV though.

First, thanks for your reply.
No, I didn't use tvheadend's wizard, but I configured new IPTV network and there I added the url; I'm using TVH server 4.2.
I did not understand..do I have to scan for each single mux in m3u list?
Maybe the issue is that I didn't change the option for timeout in settings.
I'm going to try again on this evening, I'll keep you updated.
Thanks again.
Hi docwra,
from my understanding, the issue is that the url has this form:
http://v-iptv.xxxxxxxxxx.com:8000/get.ph...&output=ts
and so TVH doesn't works properly. It recognizes all muxes, but is not able to scan them, beacuse for each mux scanned status is always "bad".
Maybe, I need to find a way to allow TVH scanning.
Any suggestions?
Try refreshing that specific mux, I had the "Bad" thing as well, but when I refreshed it changed to "OK" I think.
(2017-02-16, 12:32)docwra Wrote: Try refreshing that specific mux, I had the "Bad" thing as well, but when I refreshed it changed to "OK" I think.

Ok, I will try, thanks.
Honestly, in my opinion, could be another one the issue, but i can't detect it properly.
Thanks again for support.
Will this work as an OS for a Raspberry Pi? Currently I'm running openelec on my pi but tonight I'll be installing raspbian on a new SD card for the pi. The reason being that I want the pi to be a real Linux box I can run other programs on (Domoticz and VPN server) which I can't do with openelec.

From what I understand this libreelec combines the two things I want. Linux and elec.

Thanks
Well I tried this first. I got LibreELEC installed and running just fine. Got excited and spent some minutes playing around and setting it up. Should have tried installing Domoticz first. I couldn't get it to install.

Currently burning Raspbian to my new SD card and will install Kodi and Domoticz from there.
(2017-03-22, 01:48)DavidDavid Wrote: Well I tried this first. I got LibreELEC installed and running just fine. Got excited and spent some minutes playing around and setting it up. Should have tried installing Domoticz first. I couldn't get it to install.

Currently burning Raspbian to my new SD card and will install Kodi and Domoticz from there.

LibreELEC cathphrase is "Just enough OS" so I doubt running 3rd party linux apps is much of an option.

It would be a far better solution to ask on the LibreElec forums for an Add-on with Domoticz packaged.

Otherwise just use something like Ubuntu I guess?
I try to do as in guide on my Wetek play2 with LibreELEC -Leie-18 in SDcard, Tvheadend Install, but no option for setting Live tv or about tuner
(2017-03-22, 01:48)DavidDavid Wrote: Well I tried this first. I got LibreELEC installed and running just fine. Got excited and spent some minutes playing around and setting it up. Should have tried installing Domoticz first. I couldn't get it to install.

Buy another pi for your home automation system. Really, they don't cost much.

At the same time, you could try docker on Libreelec to get domoticz onto libreelec.

Frankly kodi on raspbian has been disappointing in my experience.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-02-02, 00:14)wtfdirections Wrote: Is it timeshift only? Thats fine by me since i onlw watch a few channels OTA (freee) but at nighttime i need to get my cbs and pbs shows recorded !

anybody have success with libreelec recording ? and making / setting up recurring programs to record automatically and then having the files show up in the kodi library?
Yes I record Match of the day each week with TVHeadend timer. Works absolutely perfectly.

How to setup the recording path, please guide about method

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up an easy Linux Kodi with Live TV (LibreELEC)2