ArgusTV and Kodi 17
(2016-09-05, 17:31)jchapple Wrote: So I am now using the GTX 950. Still, in Kodi Krypton both Live TV streams and, as I have now discovered - 4K HEVC content do not playback smoothly. Kodi is reporting that it is using HW decoding, as expected, but there are consistently dropped frames (obvious to the eye) making the playback look very jerky.

Live TV streams play perfectly fine on Kodi 16.1, and I can play 4K HEVC with MPC-HC (LAV Filter) completely perfectly on the same machine.

Any ideas?

Confused

Are you definitely running Kodi 17 ? I get no frames dropped or stuttering at all on either of the PCs in which I installed the 950 and 960 cards. And CPU is Max 15%.

More worrying for me is that the ArgusTV plugin is disabled as incompatible when I installed today's daily version of Kodi. Is this really the end for ArgusTV as a backend for Kodi, is there nobody out there who can fix it - pleasseeee :-)
I ended up switching back to nextpvr.
(2016-09-15, 20:40)i0zjh02 Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 17:31)jchapple Wrote: So I am now using the GTX 950. Still, in Kodi Krypton both Live TV streams and, as I have now discovered - 4K HEVC content do not playback smoothly. Kodi is reporting that it is using HW decoding, as expected, but there are consistently dropped frames (obvious to the eye) making the playback look very jerky.

Live TV streams play perfectly fine on Kodi 16.1, and I can play 4K HEVC with MPC-HC (LAV Filter) completely perfectly on the same machine.

Any ideas?

Confused

Are you definitely running Kodi 17 ? I get no frames dropped or stuttering at all on either of the PCs in which I installed the 950 and 960 cards. And CPU is Max 15%.

More worrying for me is that the ArgusTV plugin is disabled as incompatible when I installed today's daily version of Kodi. Is this really the end for ArgusTV as a backend for Kodi, is there nobody out there who can fix it - pleasseeee :-)
Yes dude. I'm sure. :p There have been significant changes to video rendering / DXVA stuff on windows on Kodi 17 - take a look at the git repository.

As for the Argus plugin being disabled - that's likely just because it's causing a crash on exit at the moment. I wouldn't be so alarmed as to assume support will be fully dropped.

After all, Argus is by far the best written and functional PVR backend from my experience.
(2016-09-16, 09:47)jchapple Wrote: After all, Argus is by far the best written and functional PVR backend from my experience.
+1

It would be nice to know if there's any development on Argus TV Addon. Seems dead here on board and more dead on argus-tv.com.
Just upgraded to 09/17 nightly build. ARGUS-TV add-on still marked incompatible. Does anyone know if it will remain that way? Time to switch to another PVR. I have used NextPVR in the past, and I believe that Argus is far superior.
Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off the deactivation of incompatible add-ons. I can put up with the "crash on exit" problem if thats the only issue. I can enable the ArgusTV add-on again after I launch kodi but it just gets deactivated once more whenever I launch Kodi?
Surely it would be OK for the developers to leave the add-on active at least whilst Kodi 17 is still in Beta form, isn't the whole idea to be able to test it and iron out the bugs ?
Is that the only thing that is wrong that it crashes Kodi on exit? It would be a shame as I too think Argus TV is a far superior PVR backend.

Please let us know if there is any way to get around that the add-on is disabled.
(2016-09-18, 01:03)i0zjh02 Wrote: Does anybody know if there is a way to turn off the deactivation of incompatible add-ons. I can put up with the "crash on exit" problem if thats the only issue. I can enable the ArgusTV add-on again after I launch kodi but it just gets deactivated once more whenever I launch Kodi?
Surely it would be OK for the developers to leave the add-on active at least whilst Kodi 17 is still in Beta form, isn't the whole idea to be able to test it and iron out the bugs ?

+1

Please don't remove best pvr for windows .
Changing these lines in addon.xml seems that fix deactivation

Remove
<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="5.1.1"/>

Add
<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="5.2.0"/>
<import addon="xbmc.codec" version="1.0.1"/>
(2016-09-20, 00:33)goibe Wrote: Changing these lines in addon.xml seems that fix deactivation

Remove
<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="5.1.1"/>

Add
<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="5.2.0"/>
<import addon="xbmc.codec" version="1.0.1"/>

Thanks, at least that keeps me going for now, busy testing out some of the other Windows backends (DVBViewer, Mediaportal and NextPVR so far!) but dont like any of them as much as ArgusTV. It's such a pity there doesnt seem to be anybody developing/supporting it now :-(
I'd like to add my voice for Argus by far being the best windows PVR that I've found. The Argus developer has also been trying to get a more team development approach going but has had minimal response. Regardless it works great as it stands and I hope someone can fix the plugin as the exit crash seems to be a minor bug.
As long as there is no maintainer for the ArgusTV pvr client add-on, Team Kodi cannot do anything but marking the add-on incompatible, sorry. As soon as a developer willing to maintain the add-on steps up we will be happy to reenable the add-on.
There's an update available on Gihub. https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.argustv/...ngelog.txt

Working for me with latest milhouse build on RPi2.

Thank you kenji123!
(2016-09-25, 20:27)Screech Wrote: There's an update available on Gihub. https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.argustv/...ngelog.txt

Working for me with latest milhouse build on RPi2.

Thank you kenji123!

Thats great news (and thankyou Kenji123 from me also!!)

Does this mean this new version will be in the next Nightly Build of Kodi v17 or does it take a few days to get tested/included ?

So glad that Argus TV lives on for a bit longer :-)
Thank you a lot for this news! Image

And i love Xiaomi box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ArgusTV and Kodi 170