• 1(current)
Release [CLOSED] SexyCirrus 3.4.X - Gaming & Media Expansion for Cirrus Extended
Exclamation 
NOTE: SexyCirrus 3.4.X no longer has true support for Advanced Emulator Launcher as the asset model has deviated slightly from Advanced Launcher.

What is SexyCirrus?
SexyCirrus is an elegant expansion / 'additive' MOD for Cirrus Extended 3.4.X that brings in a wealth of new views and designs tailor made for gaming / emulation setups that use Advanced Launcher and now Advanced Emulator Launcher. Even better, it brings the 'best of' each of these across to the media sections as well, injecting new life across the skin! SexyCirrus offers an unrivalled amount of display options and sophisticated designs to present your gaming library in dynamic ways no matter the system, era, or box shape. Automatic trailer playback, persistent backdrops, thumbnail substitution, extrafanart use, and more await. Welcome to the new SexyCirrus.

What's in the Box?
Wave One Plus+ contains 5 series consisting of Advance, Sauna, Galleria, Tiles, and Fronts. 18 views available in Wave One Plus+ for gaming with both Advance and Tiles offering support for Poster, Square, Wide, Slim, and Blu box shapes. Galleria can show off images of varying aspects and all box sizes. Sauna offers displays for Steam banners and standard banners, and Fronts Titan is the first launcher centric viewtype. Media areas get some action with a 'best-of' selection of 5 views from Wave One Plus+ being primed and polished for use in the traditional Cirrus areas.

BONUS: Wave One Plus+ also includes 36 NEW gaming studio flags created especially for the project*
* Studios Added: Access Games, Awesome Blade Software, Black Forest Games, Bossa Studios, Coffee Stain Studios, Crocodile Entertainment, CroTeam, Drinkbox Studios, Good-Feel, Junction Point Studios, Just Add Water, Klei Entertainment, Koei Tecmo, Machinegames, MercurySteam, Mojang, Moon Studios, Mossmouth, Namco, Night School Studio, Playdead, Psyonix, Ready at Dawn, Replay Games, Rising Star Games, Running with Scissors, Santa Monica Studio, SCE Santa Monica Studio, Slighty Mad Productions, Tango Gameworks, Tose, Upper One Games, VanillaWare, Yacht Club Games, Zed Two.

Installation Pre-Requisites:
  • Kodi Jarvis 16.X
  • Cirrus Extended 3.4.X
  • Advanced Launcher 2.5.8 or Advanced Emulator Launcher
For the sake of convenience, a copy of Advanced Launcher 2.5.8 is hosted by me HERE.
*Advanced Launcher is designed by Angelscry*

The current development git for Advanced Emulator Launcher can be found HERE.
*Advanced Emulator Launcher is designed by Wintermute0110*

Download > SexyCirrus 3.4.X - Build: 20160603

Installation Instructions

1. Download the SexyCirrus base package.
  2. Unpack the archive to the 'skin.cirrus.extended' folder.
  3. Overwrite the requested files.
  4. Launch Kodi.
  5. Enable the desired views from System > Appearance > Skin > Settings > SexyCirrus.
* SexyCirrus must overwrite certain core Cirrus Extended files so it can be incorporated. The following files will be overwritten: Font.xml, includes.xml, MyMusicNav.xml, MyPrograms.xml, MyVideoNav.xml, SkinSettings.xml, strings.po, Textures.xbt, and Variables.xml. It also will overwrite some of the video flags.

Changes to Wave One Plus+:
- True support for Advanced Emulator Launcher.
- SkinSettings.xml updated.
- strings.po updated to reflect Wave One Plus+ changes.
- Fixed focused item not reaching full brights in Fronts Titan.
- Fixed secondary fanart for Advance series Default, Expanded, and Oversize styles (fix also applies to Oversize style in Sauna Explorer).
- Box Substitution now working properly on all Galleria views.
- Minor adjustments to fanart window size in Sauna Explorer.
- Fixed trailers, multi-image directory, and secondary fanart in Sauna Explorer to display properly in window.
- Incorporates all previous elements of Wave One and Wave One Plus.

Changes to Wave One Plus:
- Galleria Series added (beta).
- Fixed image loading issue on SexyCirrus video views.
- Batch Artwork Download option added to SexyCirrus video views.
- Brighten Thumbs changed to full brightness when toggled.
- Another 2 game studio flags added.
- Updated strings.po in accordance with Wave One Plus additions.
- Includes updated textures.xbt.

SexyCirrus Salutes!

The Kodi development team for their constant work. Paradix, the one man army of Cirrus Extended. Angelscry, for the ever amazing Advanced Launcher. Teeedubb, for the newly minted brilliance of Hyper Launcher. The project would never have come about without your work to lead the way. Wintermute0110 for Advanced Emulator Launcher. garbear of RetroPlayer fame and zachmorris of IARL. Respects to Mike_Doc and schimi2k of Nox.

Fronts Series

Advance Series

Image Image

Image Image

Tiles Series

Image Image

Image Image

Galleria Series

Image Image

Image Image

Sauna Series

Image Image

Lightbulb 
Hotfixes

Hotfix for SexyCirrus Wave One Plus+
Dated: 06/06/2016
- Advance Slim x Video displays appropriate poster measurements.
- strings.po updated.
Download: HERE
Question 
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Oo TIP: For maximum sexiness it is advised to use the 'Stone Silver' theme within Cirrus Extended. Navigate to System > Appearance > Skin > Theme.

- Can the views be made skin agnostic / independent?
This is probably the most commonly asked question. Short answer, no. Long answer: it seems likely the question is from a misunderstanding about how Advanced Launcher interacts with a skin. Advanced Launcher requires the skin to provide views for it and this project is a series of views for the Cirrus Extended skin. The main reasons why not are:
  • SexyCirrus was built using Cirrus Extended and is reliant upon Cirrus Extended assets to function.
  • SexyCirrus isn't an "addon" like Advanced Launcher is, it is an expansion / MOD for Cirrus Extended.
  • No two skins are completely alike underneath.
Hope this clarifies matters.

- How do I use SexyCirrus specific features?
There is a user guide packed into the mod itself making the need for a lengthy post in the forum redundant. This can be found in the SexyCirrus system menu. Online or offline, it is there when you need it.

NOTE: At time of writing, this is only partially implemented in Wave One Plus with some support being provided in the flyout menu. Full internal SexyCirrus User Guide will be available from Wave Two.

- What is 'Box Substitution' in Galleria and how do I use it?
Box Substitution is a SexyCirrus feature that is designed to overcome a common annoyance that one may find in their game library when a user, for example, has a system comprising mostly of boxes from one region but has the odd title from a differing region which has a completely different box orientation (vertical vs. horizontal). Under normal cirumstances, the box would be added but distorted to fit the primary shape of the others resulting in ugliness or having to forgo the title in favour of retaining a clean look. Well, no longer! However, this does require a very specific set of circumstances to work.

1. The title with the different box musn't have a thumb defined. If it already does, remove this entry from your setup. Readd it without the box art being scraped / added.
2. Specify an Extra-Fanarts directory for the title.
3. In this directory, put the thumb / box art for the title and rename the file to one of the conventions named below based upon shape.
4. In the chosen Galleria view, enable Use Extra Fanart and Box Substitution.
5. Ta Da!

File must be named 'extrathumb_xxx' and be in JPG format. XXX should be written as either 'wide' for NTSC-J GBA / NES or similar. 'fat' for wider DOS boxes, NTSC-J N64, or similar. 'tall' for NTSC-J SNES, early western PSX / Saturn titles, or similar.

- Is SexyCirrus usable with older version of Cirrus Extended for Frodo / Gotham / Helix / Isengard / etc...?
No. SexyCirrus only supports the current Jarvis releases of Cirrus Extended. Core Cirrus Extended files changed quite a bit for Jarvis and thus SexyCirrus core files have gone along with those changes.

- I found a bug in SexyCirrus. What do I do?
Tell me about it.

- I found a bug in Cirrus Extended. What do I do?
Tell Paradix about it.

- Will there be any further updates to SexyCirrus?
Yes! The next wave will contain even more series and bugfixed / refined versions of wave 1. The last wave will contain the final series set with refined wave 1 and 2 series views as well. Making for a total of about 10 series and 40+ views (spanning games and media).

- Will these updates take forever, like usual?
No. Many of them are actually done with just niggling issues being weeded out. Between 3.3.X and 3.4.X, SexyCirrus underwent a restructure into a more modular design. Rolling them out in waves will allow users to enjoy them as they happen rather than waiting tirelessly for the complete package.
Instead of photos. Any chance you could make a video showcasing?

Ps thank you for all your hard work.
(2016-05-02, 17:29)rdyott Wrote: Instead of photos. Any chance you could make a video showcasing?

Ps thank you for all your hard work.

Yep. This will come shortly. Smile

You're welcome. Please enjoy and report back, buddy. Smile
Very Nice work!!! Thanks for sharing
Looks excellent!

I imagine putting this into a repo wouldn't work , since it has to overwrite files in the theme itself?

Also, I'm looking for the instructions you mentioned in post 2, but I cannot seem to find them. Where are they?
EDIT

relogging fixed it

Also a small suggestion..you have ALOT of space above the plot/show title (I assume thats where the show/movie logo goes?

Ill test with advanced launcher and games shortly and report back..Thank you

EDIT
Question.
Do you use scrapers for your advanced launcher?
If yes. What one works for you?

Or locals?
(2016-05-02, 23:45)rdyott Wrote: EDIT

relogging fixed it

Also a small suggestion..you have ALOT of space above the plot/show title (I assume thats where the show/movie logo goes?

Ill test with advanced launcher and games shortly and report back..Thank you

EDIT
Question.
Do you use scrapers for your advanced launcher?
If yes. What one works for you?

Or locals?

Good to hear! It may also be because I didn't set background loading for the textures so it isn't updating in realtime. This doesn't affect Advanced Launcher but the media sections I think are reliant upon it. So I'll have a look.

For scraping, it depends. You pretty much can only use TheGamesDB and ArcadeHITS anyway.

I use TheGamesDB to get box art and sometimes I get metadata from there if lazy but all my fanart is self-sourced. I was thinking of maybe sharing all the art I use for my 'kodibox' on this thread but that's for another time.

(2016-05-02, 19:28)profucius Wrote: Looks excellent!

I imagine putting this into a repo wouldn't work , since it has to overwrite files in the theme itself?

Also, I'm looking for the instructions you mentioned in post 2, but I cannot seem to find them. Where are they?

Na, due to the nature of it a repo wouldn't work as you'd have no way of being informed in realtime through Kodi that a new build or the next wave is released.

What do you mean instructions? Are you referring to the help guide to use features? This isn't completely implemented yet hence why you can't use it at the moment. It is only partially complete with active / context sensitive descriptions appearing when in the flyout menu. There will be an actual user guide module with full detail coming shortly. Unless you mean something else?
SexyCirrus Hotfix 20160503
- Repacked and correctly working Textures.xbt
- Strings.po changed to reflect hotfix date.

Download from bottom of first post. Requires the SexyCirrus base package.
Congrats on the release Rufoo.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
saw kiddykokane ask in the old thread about something like the old VHS back cover? something like this on the right

I've had this in Madnox for quite a while now and if you want some help or info on doing it just let me know Rufoo.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-05-03, 18:35)Mike_Doc Wrote: Congrats on the release Rufoo.

Hey mate! Thanks a ton. More to come. Smile

(2016-05-03, 19:53)Mike_Doc Wrote: saw kiddykokane ask in the old thread about something like the old VHS back cover? something like this on the right

I've had this in Madnox for quite a while now and if you want some help or info on doing it just let me know Rufoo.

Yah! I may look into it at a much later point, the media stuff is the lowest priority overall. It's all about the Games. Smile However, even with the media views I have done I encounter all sorts of new things so I will deffo hit you up for information and council as I need it. Likewise, need to know anything about game views or AL stuff, feel free to hit me up. Smile
Rufoo,

I understand you're super busy trying to get wave 2 out and such.

But if you had time. any chance you could take a screenshot of your file structure? for advance launcher. As in the fanart, the logos, the boxart, the banners. i have a large collection of images (due to my hyperspin set up) but im trying to move away from hyperspin and use advanced launcher. and in time rocket launcher/ hyperlauncher(kodi) as well.

I just need a helpful push in the right direction on how to rename/organize the files.
Thanks
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] SexyCirrus 3.4.X - Gaming & Media Expansion for Cirrus Extended1