NOW albums
Same here although I just use a playlist - title contains 'Now That's What I Call Music'
I have been re-hashing all my discs and got to 'v' (various artists) - which led me down this path........
I have a lot of compilation albums (about 200) - so I have my work cut out for the rest of the year LOL
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Yep someone point out in the node example thread that the first 9 Now albums are missing the ! Smile
could do with a picture or a scan of the discs for now 31 - am doing OK atm (up to now 34) - a picture will suffice as long as its relatively hi-res Smile - pretty please !
K I've found artwork up to 50 - the rest should be easy to find - thanks to all Smile
Now That's What I Call a nice Collection

looks cool Lee Smile

( for all those ppl who dont know leepenny... he is Mr. CDART from FANART.TV Wink )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
thanks schimi2k - had to learn 3d rendering on the fly for the later titles but am happy I did Smile
I'm doing about 1 set or so a day so have got a good while to go - they are close to the originals but aren't truly exact but they give a good representations of the discs using the correct fonts (I wish they would lock down the layout and fonts though - they seem to be undecided on what fonts to use every 2 or 3 discs LOL), doesn't make it any easier for me.
After this is done I shall be doing the rest of my Various Artists collections so keep an eye out for more Smile
K - Got sources up to 84 - watch this space Smile
Just be careful not to mix up the UK, USA or Scandinavian versions!
zag - i'm a bit limited on getting ANY images atm I will make discs for each set and then if someone flags a set as incorrect I will amend them as and when necessary - I think there are a few versions which may be dubious but all the disc images I have are made in the EU so shouldn't be too incorrect Wink
(Maybe the i.d. numbers need correcting)
I have all the discs now in various guises - some scans, some pictures, some partial images so should be able to finish at some point - there are a couple of difficult logos to render in photoshop and illustrator (see now 78) but should only take a couple of hours so may have them all done by late next week unless I come across any unforseen difficulties in the layout of the discs - then....................on to the rest of my compilation albums
OK all now albums done - will add as others come out - enjoy - also thanks to black eagle for being so helpful
Little python script to copy all the Now cdart to the correct directories.

PHP Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import os
import io
import shutil
import string

path 
'/home/xbmc/Dropbox/NOW MUSIC DISCS/'  # set to root of where Leepenny's Now discs are
done =[]
for 
dirNamesubdirListfileList in os.walk(path):

path_name dirName '/cdart.png'

path_name2 dirName '/cdart2.png'

if os.path.isfile(path_name):

wanted_album dirName[-2:].lower().replace(' ','',1)
        for 
dirpathdirnames,filenames in os.walk('/media/sde1/Music/Compilations'): # set to root of where your Now albums are

if 'Now' in dirpath:
                if 
wanted_album in dirpath:

my_dir dirpath[-2:].lower().replace(' ','',1)
                    if 
wanted_album == my_dir:
                        if 
not dirpath in done:

done.append(dirpath)

shutil.copy(path_name,dirpath+'/cdart.png')

shutil.copy(path_name2dirpath '/cdart2.png')
for 
dirpath in done:
    print 
"Done %s" dirpath 

Tested on my now albums with no issues but YMMV !!!

As it says in the comments, set the first string to the root of where all the art is, set the second to the root of where your Now albums are stored. Edit '/' to '\' if you are on Windows! (I have not tested this on a windows machine so........) Run script Smile

Note, my albums are named "Now That's what I call Music 6" OR "Now That's what I call Music! 58". Either works fine for me as the earlier albums do not have the ! in the title. Script just looks for a directory starting with "Now", matches the number on the end and then copies over the art.

NOTE 2 - No checks are done for existing cdart, so it'll be replaced if it exists. If you have some, you might want to bear this in mind or not copy the script.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
cool, black eagle - will this also work when I add the other now compilations to my dropbox link?
(Now thats what I call the 00's / Now Christmas/ Now Xmas Massive Christmas Hits etc. etc. ?)
(Just wanted to know before I add them to my dropbox and mess up your python script - last thing you want is peeps ending up with the wrong discs in the wrong places)
(as you can see I have no programming experience - thank god i'm ok at graphics)
great work Lee, just wondering what other compilations you plan to work on?

Also, just off topic, is there a really simple way to make a disc image transparent, I'm willing to scan all my discs if only I could just remove the surround to make them transparent easily. I know they won't be good enough for fanart etc, tried the old gimp tutorials and just failed.

I'll look to start scanning the discs anyway incase I can sort something out in the future.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
There are some good tutorials on fanart.tv for this:

GIMP is free and quickly installed on most platforms. Its my preferred method.

https://fanart.tv/tutorials/create-cdart-with-gimp/

https://fanart.tv/tutorials/create-a-cda...photoshop/

As with anything, its takes a while to learn how to do it. But once you learn its very quick and easy to do.
(2016-06-16, 12:35)leepenny Wrote: cool, black eagle - will this also work when I add the other now compilations to my dropbox link?
(Now thats what I call the 00's / Now Christmas/ Now Xmas Massive Christmas Hits etc. etc. ?)
(Just wanted to know before I add them to my dropbox and mess up your python script - last thing you want is peeps ending up with the wrong discs in the wrong places)
(as you can see I have no programming experience - thank god i'm ok at graphics)

No idea at this stage !!!

But I'm quite willing to be a guinea pig and test my own code against them - I've got Now Decades, #1's, Years, Xmas and Now! the Christmas Album to test against. I can dummy the rest just to check Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOW albums0