• 111(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-07-21, 07:20)leonel916 Wrote: So Im looking around for this device. I see the usual black one but I came across a white one which confuses me if that's like a newer one with different specs or just a color? Can someone clear this up for me? thanks

Any other Xiaomi Mi Box that is not Model: MDZ-16-AB is really for China domestic consumption only - it it NOT Android TV.

That will be what the White Mi Box is for.

Sad 
Hi All,

I am using a MI BOX plugged into a very new Onkyo A/V receiver via HDMI. The MIX BOX is running Android 6.0.1 and Kodi 17.3.

The sound settings in Android is set to HDMI and Audio passthrough is enabled in the KODI settings.

However, DTS, DTS-MA or DOLBY-HD are NOT working, my receiver only receive PCM 2.0 audio. BUT, only DOLBY 5.1 is well received.

Any idea of what I am getting wrong?

Very same symptom when using VLC.

MANY thanks for your help!! I confess that I am becoming nuts with this.
erondeau : I'm new on this forum, i'm new user to XIAOMI Mi BOX TV 3 and... I have the same problem !

DTS is not working ! it's so bad... GRrr Xiaomi !!

Can you help us ?

Thanks
(2017-07-21, 18:23)poulain2k Wrote: erondeau : I'm new on this forum, i'm new user to XIAOMI Mi BOX TV 3 and... I have the same problem !

DTS is not working ! it's so bad... GRrr Xiaomi !!

Can you help us ?

Thanks

Hi poulain2k, the only way I found to play the files containing DTS is actually to use another app: MX PLAYER. Try it out and let me know. I still have to try an ATMOS stream though.
I am French but I reply in English.

I have tested MX Player but it does not support DTS, the application is well below my expectations. Kodi is very nice to use but still no pass trough.

Some forums say it will come from Android TV.
Start Kodi Audio setup again from scratch:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2591652

And yes AC3, DTS & HD Passthrough Audio have all been confirmed working on the Mi Box:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2604074

(2017-07-22, 08:56)wrxtasy Wrote: Start Kodi Audio setup again from scratch:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2591652

And yes AC3, DTS & HD Passthrough Audio have all been confirmed working on the Mi Box:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2604074

Thanks wrxtasy, I tried that, actually many times, even deinstalling and reinstalling KODI, still, it won't bitstream any DTS, DTS-MA, or Dolby-HD.
One thing though wrxtasy, you mention "And then simply ONLY select what passthrough options you want. " but I don't see in the Menu where we can do something like this, Passtrrough is a yes/no question, the only other menu item below Allow Passthrough is "Passthrough output device" but this is greyed and set to "Android, audiotrack"
OK OK !

It's no so easy to read in english for me ! I'm french but i have found the solution on another thread.

On settings, go to EXPERT MODE for choose AC3, DTS and MORE !! Perfect for me !!

DTS HD.MA option actived... No sound for a movie with DTS HD MA... but desactived.... OK for this movie with DTS HD.MA sounds.

It's OK for KODI !! I have tr on SRMP but all is not OK... ! Best is KODI for me. it's not very EASY.

wrxtasy : In SPMC or Kodi Audio Setting you have to select "Expert" bottom Left of screen for the HD Audio options to appear.
For all audio trouble shooting, Kodi Audio setting should first be Reset to default, then Expert, then only select the pass through options needed. DO NOT play with the Audio Channels number. Leave it at 2.0.
There are Android system setting that need selecting for HDR, namely Deep Color and the HDR option. You have to use SPMC/Kodi Media Codec(S) (video) Hardware acceleration as well.

Thanks
Many thanks poulain2K, it is working here too now.

Another problem though, it sounds like DTS and HD streams are at a lower mix, especially the center channel, I have to turn the volume really high to hear the voices...any idea why? I tried another simple Dolby 5.1 file and I don't have that sort of problem.
Just wanted to tell, that my Vero 4k finally arrived. I could do some testing today vs mi box.
I noticed, that kodi has poor NFS performance, if we use the internal file manager for mount. It doesn't use full network potential. I see typical 12 Megaby/s speed, when copy files on both boxes in kodi.
Then i found a useful thread on the OSMC forums about this issue, they mentioned mountig NFS via fstab (/etc/fstab) directly in the OS, since kodi NFS is much slower. And yes, that gave me huge performance boost, I see now up to 18 Mbyte/s file transfer speed on my Vero and Buffer is alway 100% on my critical files (60gb 4k MKV), no more dropped frames or buffer issues.

Is there any way to natively mount NFS on Android TV System like in OSMC? It really seems that kodi has messed something up on the NFS share, since speedtest measures up to 300mbit downspeed on my mi box, but gives me only 12-14Mbyte NFS speed.
Hello there I was thinking on getting this box mainly for Kodi, but was wondering if this Box able to do HDR now because in the past I know it couldn't? Like on Netflix and other apps also? Thanks
Not yet, hopefully why the Nougat update hasn't come out yet is because they're still working on getting HDR to work.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2017-07-23, 23:53)timstephens24 Wrote: Not yet, hopefully why the Nougat update hasn't come out yet is because they're still working on getting HDR to work.

Thanks.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21