• 192(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-10-02, 19:40)shrugg1e Wrote: Hey Mi Box Users,

i know - this is not the Netflix Support Forum but here is the technicality expertise!

Since many Months, every Day the Netflix App on my Mi Box (no "S" Model) won't start playing a Movie and the Error tvq-pm-100 (5.6.0) is shown.
Then i have to restart the Movie 3 times (each time same Error), after the third trial the Movie is played.

What i have tried:
- Clean Netflix App Cache and App Data
- Use another HDMI Cable
- Use another HDMI Port on my TV

Any ideas what i could do?

PS. My Box runs at 4k 60Hz.

Thank you! Greetings from Germany.

I experience the exact same thing but at least it'll consistently succeed after about 3 or 4 attempts.
Yeah, but i power off my Mi Box every Night (completely). So i had this Issue every Day :-(
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2019-10-03, 16:19)Qwertyninjal1 Wrote:

i know - this is not the Netflix Support Forum but here is the technicality expertise!

Since many Months, every Day the Netflix App on my Mi Box (no "S" Model) won't start playing a Movie and the Error tvq-pm-100 (5.6.0) is shown.
Then i have to restart the Movie 3 times (each time same Error), after the third trial the Movie is played.

What i have tried:
- Use another HDMI Cable

I experience the exact same thing but at least it'll consistently succeed after about 3 or 4 attempts. 
Do you connect through wifi or lan cable? I connect trough a usb adapter to lan , and have not had that problem not sure if that helps
(2019-10-08, 19:10)mutagen Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 16:19)Qwertyninjal1 Wrote:

What i have tried:
- Use another HDMI Cable

Do you connect through wifi or lan cable? I connect trough a usb adapter to lan , and have not had that problem not sure if that helps 

Haven't get an Ethernet cable around my tv area so I use wifi only. As I said before, it always succeeds 1st time or after a maximum of 3 attempts so I've just got used to it at this point.
(2019-10-08, 19:10)mutagen Wrote: Do you connect through wifi or lan cable? I connect trough a usb adapter to lan , and have not had that problem not sure if that helps 

Wifi. But the Mibox is very close to the Router, i think closer than 30cm.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
I just checked an USB/Ethernet Adapter. No change. Same issue :-((
(2019-10-09, 19:23)shrugg1e Wrote: I just checked an USB/Ethernet Adapter. No change. Same issue :-((
ASIX or Realtek chipset in your adapter?
I dont know but Connection to the Internet worked fine and fast.

I believe thats not the source of the Netflix Error.
Update: Today i made a facorty reset on my Mibox. No improvement. Same Netflix issue for 3 times ...

X-((
(2019-10-11, 20:58)shrugg1e Wrote: Update: Today i made a facorty reset on my Mibox. No improvement. Same Netflix issue for 3 times ...

X-((
there is a netflix addon for kodi have you tested with that?
Yes. Kodi Addon works, but i like the original Netflix App Undecided
Guys, have you heard any rumors about Android TV 9 or 10 for Mibox S? Or we should expect new ATV on new hardware from Xiaomi in the near future?
(2019-10-12, 19:40)shrugg1e Wrote: Yes. Kodi Addon works, but i like the original Netflix App Undecided
The only time I have had a problem a bit like that was when I connected MiBox to and old projector ScreenPlay 4805 which I think has no DRM and that is why netflix will not work properly Have you tested connecting the MiBox to a different TV?
Android TV Pie 9 BETA 2205 released for MDZ-22-AB

Some screenshots of the new version:

It is probably possible to have 5.1 audio from Netflix with any home theater:

Registration for testing Android TV 9 Pie open:

https://docbr.me/beta-testers

• 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21