• 3(current)
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing
(2015-09-30, 09:24)phool Wrote: Very interesting developments here, glad to see the music side of Kodi is getting a little TLC.

While I don't have a classical music library, I was wondering if there would if there is any likelihood of implementing the ability to use custom tags? In Foobar2000 I am able to create custom tags (to distinguish albums from CD singles, Radioshows and live recordings) and present my library based on these custom tags.

It would be amazing if I could use these tags in Kodi as well but I'm not sure if this in the same scope as what is trying to be achieved here.

+1
One more Fb2k user and just like phool I would welcome the ability to define tags and freely customize the tags which are used to form the title of song in the library.

While I hope for something like this I doubt we will see such functionality in Kodi.
Dave, while this is not directly related to classical music and the database logic, I still want to bring this up. It has more to do with scraping/identifying the tracks. I've thought about a shazam like solution for cases where the results of scraping is not 100% consistent to recognize the track.

https://acoustid.org

This is an open source database using an acoustic fingerprint and from the website they claim to include or relate their data to musicbrainz. Might be worth a look, because in the end I think an acoustic fingerprint is the future and the only reliable way to identify a track.
(2015-09-30, 12:48)DarkHelmet Wrote: Dave, while this is not directly related to classical music and the database logic, I still want to bring this up. It has more to do with scraping/identifying the tracks. I've thought about a shazam like solution for cases where the results of scraping is not 100% consistent to recognize the track.

https://acoustid.org

This is an open source database using an acoustic fingerprint and from the website they claim to include or relate their data to musicbrainz. Might be worth a look, because in the end I think an acoustic fingerprint is the future and the only reliable way to identify a track.

This might indeed be a good way to go. But I think it still won't be able to match correctly, as a single might have the same fingerprint as the album version. But the data will be better in both cases.

Theres an C library for the calculation part:
https://acoustid.org/chromaprint

And here is a example using FFmpeg (which we also use) to generate the prints:
https://bitbucket.org/acoustid/chromapri...ew-default
Yep matching hashes brings up a whole new set of problems Wink

It would be nice to store them in the database at some point though.
You're right. There will be mistakes. It might just be another piece among others.
(2015-09-30, 13:43)zag Wrote: Yep matching hashes brings up a whole new set of problems Wink

It would be nice to store them in the database at some point though.

+1
Yep, thats what I wanted to say Wink
This has been discussed in the past and could apply to all media, not just music

Another open implementation here which is very fast because it only hashes the first 64k:

http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/o...ourceCodes
(2015-09-30, 10:57)NEOhidra Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 09:24)phool Wrote: While I don't have a classical music library, I was wondering if there would if there is any likelihood of implementing the ability to use custom tags? In Foobar2000 I am able to create custom tags (to distinguish albums from CD singles, Radioshows and live recordings) and present my library based on these custom tags.

It would be amazing if I could use these tags in Kodi as well but I'm not sure if this in the same scope as what is trying to be achieved here.

+1
One more Fb2k user and just like phool I would welcome the ability to define tags and freely customize the tags which are used to form the title of song in the library.

While I hope for something like this I doubt we will see such functionality in Kodi.
Custom tag handling is not out of scope, just a bit ahead of the work I am doing. Smile
Might get there....

Actually it would be a more generally useful feature for a number of power users, so I will keep it in mind. Generic tag handling could make a better design too. No reason why Kodi shouldn't handle anything that comes out of Taglib, need to check that out first. But getting Composer in there and useful is my first priority.
Hashing the first 64k of a file that has the tag contents in the first 64k kind of defeats the purpose Smile

Although acousticid's are nice, from what I can tell lossy encodes have different id's compared to the lossless originals so that would probably cause some issues.
(2015-09-30, 18:30)DaveBlake Wrote: Custom tag handling is not out of scope, just a bit ahead of the work I am doing. Smile
Might get there....

Actually it would be a more generally useful feature for a number of power users, so I will keep it in mind. Generic tag handling could make a better design too. No reason why Kodi shouldn't handle anything that comes out of Taglib, need to check that out first. But getting Composer in there and useful is my first priority.

The thought of this possibility excites me even more than the current retroplayer developments Big Grin I certainly hope you make fast and easy progress going forward as I believe custom tags will really bring the Music side of Kodi up to par with the Movie and TV side of things.
Hi, I just joined after finding some exciting results regarding a google of 'kodi music composer'

I saw in an early post that it might be possible to obtain a test build that supports the composer tag for an OS other than Windows.

Is there any possibility of a Raspbian build now or in the future?

Thanks

Brian
The latest nightlies should have that change since it was merged I believe a few weeks ago.
(2015-11-03, 14:23)zag Wrote: The latest nightlies should have that change since it was merged I believe a few weeks ago.

Hi Zag,

sorry to be dim, but I am a bit of a newbie!

I can' t seem to locate a location for Raspberry Pi nightly builds. Could you put a link here please?

Also, I found the current release info for Jarvis and could not see any reference to composer tags, though I may have missed them.

Thanks

Brian
Assuming you are using Openelec, please take a look http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231092&page=127
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2015-11-03, 15:08)steve1977 Wrote: Assuming you are using Openelec, please take a look http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231092&page=127

Thanks, but, it's not obvious.

I'm probably as dumb as a box of frogs, but I see from the sticky that you have to establish a working Openelec, then add a tar file, but I'm damned if I can see where you download it from.

Brian.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Improved Classical Music Browsing3