• 2(current)
adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
first time user here so i am just starting off. i am using 2.05 for Mac and just trying to backup and then clone my Fire Stick to my other Fire Stick.

i connected my "Master Fire Stick"

then clicked "Backup"

it then popped up a window asking for the Partition to be the "/sdcard/"

does this clone everything on my "Master Fire Stick" or do i have to do something else?

i see that the "preset directories" in adbLink is set to "addons" as a default. is that how i should have it set to make an exact clone of my fire stick?

thanks for any advice! i am new to this and love my fire stick!!!!
(2016-08-02, 19:22)7tv7 Wrote: first time user here so i am just starting off. i am using 2.05 for Mac and just trying to backup and then clone my Fire Stick to my other Fire Stick.

i connected my "Master Fire Stick"

then clicked "Backup"

it then popped up a window asking for the Partition to be the "/sdcard/"

does this clone everything on my "Master Fire Stick" or do i have to do something else?

i see that the "preset directories" in adbLink is set to "addons" as a default. is that how i should have it set to make an exact clone of my fire stick?

thanks for any advice! i am new to this and love my fire stick!!!!

Cloning is impossible unless you have a unlocked bootloader which is not available on Fire Stick.

The backup function backs up Kodi's data; the /sdcard/ partition is where Kodi stores its data by default. This partition can't be changed when working with the Fire Stick. I

Once you create a backup of your preferred Kodi setup you can restore the backup to different sticks, duplicating your Kodi setup.

The "preset directories" are used to copy files to/from your device; "push/pull" in Android terminology. An example would be to "pull" a file from your Kodi's userdata directory to your Mac: select the preset "userdata", then press "pull". You'll see a list of files in your userdata directory; you can select one to be "pulled" to your Mac. The ad hoc" directory allows you to type in a directory not listed in presets.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
I've added file mirrors for adbLink, so hopefully hosting downtime will no longer be an issue.
adbLink 2.06 changelog

adbLink now works with Kodi for Android/Windows/macOS/Linux
for non-Android functions such as backup/restore, edit XML,
etc.

Built-in XML/Text editor.

Kodi 17 cache xml settings added.

Cache help html rewritten to reflect changes

Error handler for Android ADB added
(hopefully will prevent adb error loops)

Test (logcat) function for ADB connections added

Uninstall APK: filter added for search

Cache settings can now be copied to clipboard then
pasted into existing advancedsettings.xml

Help files re-added
(missed in changeover to new adbLink name)

Help files for various new functions added.

Copy path to clipboard: This function will
make busybox applets available to ADB shell.

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1 added for
high DPI screen scaling

Download at http://www.jocala.com
Posted on jocala.com:

Upgrading from earlier versions:
Do not mix content from earlier releases with this release.
This includes all files,scripts, databases, etc. If you do, you will break things.
You can run multiple versions of adbLink, just keep them separate.
Here's a video showing record addition for both USB and IP connections.

https://youtu.be/Y662kgLx_H8

edit: updated video
Hi,

Sorry if i'm asking something that has already been addressed in thread (I have looked and couldn't find anything of relevance)

I'm looking to remotely manage my friends/family kodi setups. All are using Amazon FireTVs at present.

Firstly, is there a way to remotely manage via adblink? Does it support port forwarding?
Secondly, at present I have been remotely managing the setup by logging in via teamviewer and opening adblink on the remote computer but I am unable to restore a kodi setup as when clicked, I get the "kodi is running" warning. Is there a way to remotely close the kodi app? I have tried doing so using the keypad via adblink, but that involves ALOT of keystroke sequences and can prove hit n miss at times.

Thanks
(2016-11-08, 10:44)Jebus64 Wrote: Hi,

Sorry if i'm asking something that has already been addressed in thread (I have looked and couldn't find anything of relevance)

I'm looking to remotely manage my friends/family kodi setups. All are using Amazon FireTVs at present.

Firstly, is there a way to remotely manage via adblink? Does it support port forwarding?
Secondly, at present I have been remotely managing the setup by logging in via teamviewer and opening adblink on the remote computer but I am unable to restore a kodi setup as when clicked, I get the "kodi is running" warning. Is there a way to remotely close the kodi app? I have tried doing so using the keypad via adblink, but that involves ALOT of keystroke sequences and can prove hit n miss at times.

Thanks

There are no remote management features build into adbLink.

To kill Kodi try this from adb shell:

am force-stop org.xbmc.kodi

You can also do this from the adbLink console:

adb shell am force-stop org.xbmc.kodi
(2016-11-08, 17:22)jocala Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 10:44)Jebus64 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

There are no remote management features build into adbLink.

To kill Kodi try this from adb shell:

You can also do this from the adbLink console:

adb shell am force-stop org.xbmc.kodi

Worked a treat! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
I've added a start/stop Android app function into adbLink 2.07. The manual steps for Kodi/SPMC:

Start app:
am start -n org.xbmc.kodi/org.xbmc.kodi.Splash
am start -n com.semperpax.spmc16/com.semperpax.spmc16.Splash

Stop app:
am force-stop com.semperpax.spmc16
Love this, it is incredibly useful! One question for which I have been unable to find an answer. I am running Kodi on a FireTV box (v2). I used adb to move the kodi data to the memory card. When I use adb backup do I need to backup the memory card as well as the internal storage location?
(2016-12-04, 15:31)wags1 Wrote: Love this, it is incredibly useful! One question for which I have been unable to find an answer. I am running Kodi on a FireTV box (v2). I used adb to move the kodi data to the memory card. When I use adb backup do I need to backup the memory card as well as the internal storage location?

adbLink will detect that you've moved Kodi's data and backup the external location.
One last noob question. After I have used adblink to move all the data to the sd card, if I subsequently add a new add on using Kodi's GUI, is it added to the card or to internal storage?
(2016-12-05, 01:43)wags1 Wrote: One last noob question. After I have used adblink to move all the data to the sd card, if I subsequently add a new add on using Kodi's GUI, is it added to the card or to internal storage?

The card. At start, Android Kodi looks for a text file "/sdcard/xbmc_env.properties" that tell it where its data files are located. adbLink creates this file when it moves the data directory and deletes the file when you move the directory back to its default internal location.
Thank you for the help, much appreciated!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.0 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2