How do you use video addons?
General question: How do YOU browse your video addons? There are a lot of great addons in the Kodi Offical repo. But , almost too many to manage. Since they access different sources, it is not surprising that they are all organized a little differently. Do you specifically decide today you want to browse the Time or CBS or the Smithsonian videos, and drill down for the latest videos or a specific video, or is there a better way? Is everyone using PsudeoTV Live? If I want to just browse the latest updates to some of these addons, is there a good way to do this?

Thanks
(2016-06-03, 19:21)deamon_knight Wrote: General question: How do YOU browse your video addons? There are a lot of great addons in the Kodi Offical repo. But , almost too many to manage. Since they access different sources, it is not surprising that they are all organized a little differently. Do you specifically decide today you want to browse the Time or CBS or the Smithsonian videos, and drill down for the latest videos or a specific video, or is there a better way? Is everyone using PsudeoTV Live? If I want to just browse the latest updates to some of these addons, is there a good way to do this?

Thanks

Super Favourites allows you to create a single addon with all the best bits of other addons in a single place, in fact you can add virtually any Kodi menu item to it, additionally it can also call Kodi built in functionality, and run Python scripts.

Sent from my iPhone
Super favourites is a nifty browser, obviously for me PseudoTV Live is my preferred method... the project goal is to gather all the great aspects of Kodi into a familiar cable set top box experience.

PseudoTV Live can build channels from super favourites so you can play around with both Smile

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Maybe I am missing something, but what I would like to be able to do is collate video streams from several different addons into one home screen widget (or even some type of PsuedoTV function if it will achieve the ultimate goal), in order to easily be able to see what new videos are available without having to manually check and drill down into each addon, or often even multiple sections of addons..

I can do this easily with one addon of course, but I didn't find a way to do it with multiple addons.

How can we do this gentleman?

Spoyser I have tried it with SF but it only gives me links to the relevant sections of the addons, rather than the individual videos themselves.

ie: I can add the various 'new videos' sections from the relevant addons to a SF folder, and create a home screen widget based on this folder, but of course this is ends up just the same as creating a normal addon shortcut in my skin, rather than being live content like a widget.

Am I doing something wrong, or do the great minds here need to code something to make this possible?

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I think jmh2002 and I are looking for something similar. Lunatixz PsTVL looks great but is there a good setup guide with examples somewhere? I think I need to use smart playlists to get the sort of thing I want, but I haven't been able to figure it all out. I'll have to look closer at Super Favorites too.
(2016-06-03, 19:21)deamon_knight Wrote: If I want to just browse the latest updates to some of these addons, is there a good way to do this?

Thanks

In Super Favourites, you can do this (And much more)
to give you an example to your question, all you need to do in super favourites is

create a folder called "latest updates"
go to the addons your interested in, right click over latest updates and add that to your super favourites folder

then when you enter super favourites all the latest updates from your interested addons will be there
(you might want to rename the latest updates to show whcih addons its linked to)

Super Favorites should be part of everyones kodi setup, if you have addons

and Spoyser (the dev) is probably the best dev for support and feature request and generally help you with anything
he's even made custom scripts just for users (on many times did this for me)
@kilimanjaro

Doesn't this just create a folder called 'latest updates' with shortcuts inside that take you to the relevant sections of each addon?

Isn't this basically the same as creating an addon shortcut in the skin as I described earlier, rather than the actual automatically refreshing live content appearing directly in this 'latest updates' folder?

I would like to collate the live content from several different addons directly into one SF Folder so that there is one central location for all these various latest videos from diverse addons, and thereafter also create one home screen widget based on this SF folder so I can easily see when new content has arrived.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, because I would really like this capability, but I don't think your suggestion does this. I think it only creates manual shortcuts in a SF folder.

@Spoyser: is it possible to code something to make this possible within SF? I have been thinking about it for a while but didn't get around to raising the idea with you yet.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
@jmh2002
I can't code, but I'm guessing automatic refresh would have to do with the actual content addons and not an aggregate addon like Super Favourites. But for content addons to do that, I'm guessing they would have to check the website every time they want to check is something is added, that would burden the websites and more chance they would try to blacklist kodi users in the long run. So I dont think content addons devs will be willing to risk that or burden sites more than they need to.

If you just create a latest addons folder (In super favourites) and link that to widgets, its not much more effort to just go into the addon shortcuts and check if something new is added, you should a rough idea of when something new is added.
Thanks, but I don't think you understand what I mean.

I'm already an experienced super favourites user. I dont need to make another manual list, it doesn't help with this situation (and I mentioned that I had already done this...)

I want to create the same as what is already possible in kodi - a home widget that shows the latest content from an addon - but I would like to be able to use multiple addons as the source for the widget, instead of only one addon.

The current home screen widget already refreshes automatically with new content (supplied by the relevant addon of course), so that is not the issue - being able to use multiple addons as the source is.

Smile
oh okay, I didn't realize that functionality already existed for single addons
best bet is to ask on the super favorites thread, maybe a feature request?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662
Custom home widgets have been available already for a long time, firstly via a video node, and subsequently it became possible to simply point them to any section of any addon without even needing to create a node at all.

An easy example is that I have a home widget pointing at YouTube My Subscriptions.

If you want to try it use the following as the custom widget in your skin settings: plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv

I'm fortunate that the skin I use (Xonfluence) makes it even easier, because you can just make a normal Kodi Favourite from any relevant addon section, and after select that favourite in the skin settings as a custom widget. It couldn't be more simple.

I also have several other video addons such as PBS, DIY Network, HGTV, etc that all have interesting sections inside. So it would be nice to be able to pick and choose those relevant interesting sections from those multiple addons and collate them into a folder (which can already be done with SF) BUT also be able to generate a live home widget from that folder.

I have been thinking about this for a while, and trying my own possible solutions but since Spoyser is already watching this thread, I don't see the need to clutter up the SF thread with it (yet?). Hopefully he will chime in soon with some thoughts from a coding perspective about if such a thing can even be possible Smile
Chiming in!

What you are suggesting currently isn't possible in SF.

But it should be possible for SF to actually trigger each item in a Super Folder to retrieve the list that item would create if clicked, and then create one single list made up of the contents of all these smaller lists.

I assume that is what your requesting.

If correct let me know and I'll look into it in more detail.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-06-09, 17:18)spoyser Wrote: But it should be possible for SF to actually trigger each item in a Super Folder to retrieve the list that item would create if clicked, and then create one single list made up of the contents of all these smaller lists.

I assume that is what your requesting.

Yes I think that is what I am requesting Big Grin

Collating everything together = "and then create one single list made up of the contents of all these smaller lists." So yes I think we are on same page.

Then from this final "one single list" I would like to be able to both view it in a Super Folder, and play the videos from there, as well as create a custom home screen widget for this folder too.

So yes I would very much appreciate it if you could look into in more detail at some stage please.
Personally I think that when other users start to see the power of this functionality it might become very very popular Blush

One side issue which I might as well raise at the same time is, will SF be able to pull the meta data from the addon too?

For these various video addons (a lot of them made by @Learningit) I normally use the Media Info View. Will the same type of view and metadata still be possible with this "one single list " in Super Favourites?

I'm sure you know what I mean but here are a couple of screenshots with real world examples, the 1st from YouTube the 2nd from GQ (the metadata available/retrieved varies a bit from addon to addon of course):

Image Image

oh, and PS: A BIG BIG THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING THIS POSSIBILITY Nod Angel
Meta data not available unfortunately, Kodi only gives you the label, thumbnail, and url

Sent from my iPhone
Ok understood, this will be better than nothing and the trade off will probably be worth it. Let's see how it goes Smile Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you use video addons?0