Win Playlist on network share
Hey there,

I've finally got my Kodi machine up and running and now I'm trying to get my playlists to work. I have all my music on a server on my network and all the playlist I've created on my desktop machine are on the network share. I have the network share with my music and playlists added to Kodi but it doesn't list any of my playlists. All the playlists are in M3U format and have the correct permissions for the Kodi machine.

Is there anything I can do to get Kodi to read my playlists off my network share properly?
I decided to give Symlinks a try but that didn't work for me. I created a symlink for the playlist folder to my network share (\\192.168.1.123\music\playlist for arguments sake). In explorer this works fine but when I try to access the playlists in Kodi it gives me the error "Couldn't connect to network share". Any ideas?
Have you tried using path substitution with Kodi ? http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.x...bstitution
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Sorry for the late post, I got busy with life and didn't get back around to my Kodi machine until now. After doing some research I found out that I can change the playlistspath in the AdvancedSettings.xml. However, this only partially works.

Currently I have have the playlistspath set to:
PHP Code:
smb://username:[email protected]/data/playlists 

When I go to one of my playlists (they show up now) and try to open one I get stuck on "Loading media information from files..." after waiting like 5+ minutes it will load the playlist. Looking at the logs I can see that each song on the playlist generates these errors:
Code:
18:56:20 T:3768 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.115\data" with username "username" and with password. Error code: 1219
18:56:22 T:3768 WARNING: XFILE::CWin32SMBDirectory::ConnectAndAuthenticate: Can't connect to "\\192.168.1.115\data" with username "username" and with password because of conflict of credential. Will try to close current connections.
18:56:24 T:3768 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.

Any ideas what's going on?
Can you share your advancedsettings entry. I am trying to accomplish the same. Would love to get this working. Thanks!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-07-06, 02:59)amura.cxg Wrote: After doing some research I found out that I can change the playlistspath in the AdvancedSettings.xml.

Can you share more about playlistpath? I read through the wiki on advancedsettings, but did not find any mention about it. Thanks.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
(2016-07-11, 11:35)steve1977 Wrote:
(2016-07-06, 02:59)amura.cxg Wrote: After doing some research I found out that I can change the playlistspath in the AdvancedSettings.xml.

Can you share more about playlistpath? I read through the wiki on advancedsettings, but did not find any mention about it. Thanks.

Wiki doesn't report it but you can change the playlist path with an advancedsettings.xml file like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <system>
        <playlistspath>smb://username:[email protected]/data/playlists</playlistspath>
    </system>
</advancedsettings>
Cool, this is great and what I have been hoping for a long time. Great to see this already exists.

Is it working for you or same issues as amura.cxg?
It works to me.. From the log seems a problem of access to the network location..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist on network share0