v17 Alpha 2 - Bug? Playlist with an MPEG-4 video fails (solved)
I just installed Krypton Alpha 2 on windows 10 64 bit. Before that I had Jarvis 16.1

Edit: Further findings in the postings, 2, 3 and 4

In Krypton only the first item in a playlist (or rather now playing list or "the" queue) is played. The second and all other following do not play. When the end of the first video is reached a "loading" sign appears (that rotating circle) but nothing else happens. In Jarvis this worked flawlessly.

Video playlists play fine from the now playing video list (I've tested tv shows and movies).

Here is a log. First track in the playlist is "Grimes - California". Second would be "Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out" but that does not get played. The playlist is the "recently added musicvideos" from the library.

http://pastebin.com/5PWJneq8

This is a log of a mixed playlist (music and music videos). Basically same behaviour. It starts with a music track (is played back), then comes a music video (is played back), then a music track follows but it does not play. Same behaviour if a music video follows another music video in a mixed list. Once a music video reached its end any other following item does not get played.

http://pastebin.com/ZZ8hAgPj

If anyone could have a look it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
For a better comparison here are two logs with the according playlists in Jarvis. Both lists play as expected.

Recently added music videos:

http://pastebin.com/RURpFm0h

Mixed playlist. First a music track, then a music video, then a music track. This list comes from the music library and is sent to the now playing music list in both cases.

http://pastebin.com/D86n782p

The behaviour for music videos in Jarvis was like this.

Start playback with an item from the video library. It was sent to the now playing video list. Any track (music, music video, tv show, movie) queued then was attached to the now playing video list.

Start playback with an item from the music libary (can be a music video too, since they are displayed in the music library too). It was sent to the now playing music list. Any track (music, music video, tv show, movie) queued then was attached to the now playing music list.

Basicallythe starting point (music or video library) decided which now playing list was created, it did not matter which one was created. Any item after that was attached to that list by enqueueing an item.

I will check the behaviour in Krypton later.
The enqueueing behaviour and playlist choice is the same in Jarvis and Krypton.

I just discovered through some more testing that the playlist only fails for "some" videos. Files following other videos play just fine. I don't know what makes the files different so far.

I've created a playlist that looks like this:
1: The Libertines - Horrorshow.mp3
2. The Kills - U.R.A. Fever.mp4 (music video)
3. The Libertines - Vertigo.mp3
4. Grimes - California.mp4 (music video)
5. The Libertines - The Delaney.mp3

In Krypton the first music track, the first video, the second music video and the second music video play fine but then the rotating "working" circle appears and playback stopps. It does not matter what file I add after "Grimes - California.mp4". I've tested a tv show, a movie and another music video. When the end of that specific video is reached playback stopps and the "working circle" appears.

Here is a log:

http://pastebin.com/Re2iFRdq

The behaviour is NOT specific to that particular video. I have the same effect with other videos too.

Here is a log with 16.1. All items in the playlist play correctly. Playback continues after the "Grimes - California" video with the third music track.

http://pastebin.com/1qC73mM7
This is what Mediainfo says about the Grimes video. All items in a playlist after that file do not play.

Code:
General
Complete name               : \\NASC12B8C\Qmultimedia\Musikvideos\Grimes - California.mp4
Format                      : MPEG-4
Format profile              : Base Media
Codec ID                    : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size                   : 64.8 MiB
Duration                    : 3mn 26s
Overall bit rate            : 2 631 Kbps
Writing application         : Lavf57.25.100

Video
ID                          : 1
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames   : 3 frames
Codec ID                    : avc1
Codec ID/Info               : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate                    : 2 499 Kbps
Width                       : 1 920 pixels
Height                      : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Variable
Frame rate                  : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
Minimum frame rate          : 23.974 fps
Maximum frame rate          : 23.981 fps
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)          : 0.050
Stream size                 : 61.5 MiB (95%)
Color range                 : Limited
Color primaries             : BT.709
Transfer characteristics    : BT.709
Matrix coefficients         : BT.709

Audio
ID                          : 2
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile              : LC
Codec ID                    : 40
Bit rate mode               : Constant
Bit rate                    : 126 Kbps
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 44.1 KHz
Frame rate                  : 43.066 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Stream size                 : 3.09 MiB (5%)
Default                     : Yes
Alternate group             : 1

This is the info of the "The Kills" video. After this video the next item in the list plays fine.

Code:
General
ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Complete name               : \\NASC12B8C\Qmultimedia\Musikvideos\The Kills - U.R.A. Fever.mp4
Format                      : MPEG-TS
File size                   : 57.8 MiB
Duration                    : 2mn 18s
Overall bit rate mode       : Variable
Overall bit rate            : 3 503 Kbps

Video
ID                          : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID                     : 1 (0x1)
Format                      : AVC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile              : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC      : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames   : 5 frames
Codec ID                    : 27
Nominal bit rate            : 3 200 Kbps
Width                       : 1 280 pixels
Height                      : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio        : 16:9
Frame rate mode             : Variable
Color space                 : YUV
Chroma subsampling          : 4:2:0
Bit depth                   : 8 bits
Scan type                   : Progressive
Writing library             : x264 core 142 r2479 dd79a61
Encoding settings           : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=2 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=50 / rc=cbr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=3200 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=3200 / vbv_bufsize=3200 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                          : 257 (0x101)
Format                      : AAC
Format/Info                 : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version              : Version 4
Format profile              : LC
Muxing mode                 : ADTS
Codec ID                    : 15
Bit rate mode               : Variable
Channel(s)                  : 2 channels
Channel positions           : Front: L R
Sampling rate               : 44.1 KHz
Frame rate                  : 43.066 fps (1024 spf)
Compression mode            : Lossy
Delay relative to video     : -36ms

Menu
ID                          : 4096 (0x1000)
List                        : 256 (0x100) (AVC) / 257 (0x101) (AAC)
Service name                : GBA320702200
Service provider            : FFmpeg
Service type                : digital television
I just tested on some files that are in "MPEG-4" format and so far they all have the same behaviour. If such a file is in a playlist the following item in a playlist does not play.
Can anyone test with files in mpeg-4 format please? I only have music videos and no tv shows or movies in that format. Thanks.
Anyone?
Sounds like a bug to me. Can you also report this (even cut and paste is fine) to http://trac.kodi.tv ?
Done.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16797

Somehow I cannot attach logs to the ticket. I get an error message from trac.
I am pretty sure that this behaviour is related to this bug https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10076
and the fact that you added .mp4 as music extension.
You are right! I totally forgot about the advancedsettings.xml. When there was no working music video scraper me and Scott S were fiddling around with tagged mp4 files and having these scanned and scraped by music scrapers. Forgot to delete the xml after that.

I deleted the advancedsettings.xml and all is good.

I have no idea if Scott S. still uses tagged mp4 video files. Tagged music videos in the music library don't work very well. Tag reading of video files is an unsupported "feature" anyway. With the default settings, i.e. without mp4 as music extensions kodi works as expected.
Nightly should even work with the music extension.
(2016-07-12, 17:43)DarkHelmet Wrote: You are right! I totally forgot about the advancedsettings.xml. When there was no working music video scraper me and Scott S were fiddling around with tagged mp4 files and having these scanned and scraped by music scrapers. Forgot to delete the xml after that.

I deleted the advancedsettings.xml and all is good.

I have no idea if Scott S. still uses tagged mp4 video files. Tagged music videos in the music library don't work very well. Tag reading of video files is an unsupported "feature" anyway. With the default settings, i.e. without mp4 as music extensions kodi works as expected.

I only did this as a test, but didn't keep it for production use as I didn't really need it (I have a script to extract mp4 tags into nfo files and that does good enough for me). I do miss not having the "album" info and art available, and I could see the artist roles might be useful for musicvideos too.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alpha 2 - Bug? Playlist with an MPEG-4 video fails (solved)0