Changing playback quality
Video 
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and VERY new to KODI.

So I am using the fire TV stick with the KODI addon.

And I have searched everywhere for an answer - but haven't found one.

How and where do I change the video playback quality in KODI?? The thing is, I don't want/need high quality playback streaming so I wanted to lower it - you know the way you can lower quality settings in Netflix and youtube.

Thanks in advance.
not possible
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Actually, in some cases, it is possible to lower the stream quality by limiting your bandwidth in the Kodi settings.

System -> Settings -> System -> Internet access -> Internet connection bandwidth limitation

The option is only visible with the Settings level at 'Advanced' or 'Expert'.

Doesn't work with all add-ons though.

Also, some add-ons have stream quality options in their own settings. Right-click on the add-on name to bring up the context menu and choose 'Add-on settings'.
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Please how do i adjust the video quality on my kodi 17.6. My internet is slow so i would prefer a lower quality.
It depends on what add-ons you are using to access the internet stream. Some may have an adjustment in settings, some may not.

Which add-ons are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
What are you playing back, and where is it sourced from? What add-on(s) (if any) are involved?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing playback quality0