• 5(current)
TheMealDB.com - An Open Recipe Database with API
Hi,

Its a nice API, can I use the same for iOS application, I am learning the app development and interested in releasing an app with Food Recipes. How to obtain API key.
Check the API page for details on how to get a production key. You only need this when you are ready to publish to the app store though.
Thank you for Kodi kitchen, themealdb.com is really cool idea!

when I select ingredient picker Kodi crashes on OS X v. 17.6 and Libreelec v. 17.6 

log osx:
                                            ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('strIngredient1',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/osx/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/interface.py", line 339, in onClick
                                                self.ingredient_picker()
                                              File "/Users/osx/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/interface.py", line 125, in ingredient_picker
                                                categories = mealsdb_api.List().ingredient()
                                              File "/Users/osx/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/resources/lib/themealdb.py", line 115, in ingredient
                                                if item["strIngredient1"]: return_list.append(item["strIngredient1"])
                                            KeyError: ('strIngredient1',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

and log libreelec
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('strIngredient1',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/interface.py", line 339, in onClick
                                                self.ingredient_picker()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/interface.py", line 125, in ingredient_picker
                                                categories = mealsdb_api.List().ingredient()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.screensaver.themealdb/resources/lib/themealdb.py", line 115, in ingredient
                                                if item["strIngredient1"]: return_list.append(item["strIngredient1"])
                                            KeyError: ('strIngredient1',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

thank you
Yep there is an updated version if the Kodi Add-on that is on my repo (sadly got banned so I can't post it here). I did try and update it on the official kodi repo but got lost in GitHub madness.

But here is the source where you can download the zip:

https://github.com/zag2me/script.screensaver.themealdb

Latest version is 1.0.2 which fixes the ingredients errors.
works great!!!!  Thank you!!!!!
banned...that is crazy.  sorry
is there a 1.0.3?
Not yet but as I get better at Python I am going to fix the description size and a few overlays that show up too long and convert to python 3.

@enen92 wrote the original Add-on so I will probably need his help at some point Smile
thank you for all your work.
No problem, there is a dedicated thread for the Kodi Add-on here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322257
Added some new Chinese Recipes

https://www.themealdb.com/browse.php?a=Chinese
Hi there! great api, thx. I'm doing simple app in react, random recipes don't render picture very often (I mean like for 10 cliks I get picture maybe 4 of them....). Does every meal has a picture in api? I guess it's my mistake just want to be sure is suppose to be pic for every meal, yes? cheers
Yes all meals have an image as far as I am aware.
@zag I need api key. Please let me know.
Is there a way to filter using multiple query parameters? e.g. filter.php?c=Chicken&a=Indian

Just double checking because it seems like it's just ignoring the other query param when I do this.
(2019-02-13, 16:16)wewy_getairmail Wrote: Is there a way to filter using multiple query parameters? e.g. filter.php?c=Chicken&a=Indian

Just double checking because it seems like it's just ignoring the other query param when I do this.
 Not at the moment but this is planned for V2 of the API.

Check the patreon page, we are nearly there Smile
Been a long time since I've been here but just wanted to update you and Thank you guys again for the api!   I created a module for the MagicMirror2 project and wanted you guys to see it as I used the logo to give props to you guys!

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMealDB.com - An Open Recipe Database with API3