• 6(current)
TheMealDB.com - An Open Recipe Database with API
Sorry couldn't edit my post but this is on a 32" Touch screen 'mirror'.......  The CSS still needs a bit of work but it's working.

If a user doesn't have a touch screen then they can still use it via their mouse.
Thats amazing! Love seeing all these projects Smile

Glad it works! Time to add some more recipes I think in celebration!
(2019-02-17, 13:37)docwra Wrote: Thats amazing! Love seeing all these projects Smile

Glad it works! Time to add some more recipes I think in celebration!
   Works for me Smile I really have to sit myself down and work on the css LOL  I need to find a CSS guru......that I am not LOL
Hi guys.
I have making an app in play stor that I named it Good Meals.
I liked that you take a look and give me suggestions for improvement /
thank you

link Play Stor: *BLEEP*
(2019-03-25, 12:33)Pololalo Wrote: I have making an app in play stor that I named it Good Meals.

This forum is not a personal advertisement platform.
Don't try this again.
is there a way to search for the recipe of multiple foods at the same time
something like
thanks
@belle_meee Yep but you need to be a Patreon Subscriber to access multiple ingredients.

All details are on the Patreon site.
(2019-04-03, 09:45)docwra Wrote: @belle_meee Yep but you need to be a Patreon Subscriber to access multiple ingredients.

thanks, i just got upgraded on patreon, how do I upgrade
(2019-04-03, 10:41)belle_meee Wrote:
(2019-04-03, 09:45)docwra Wrote: @belle_meee Yep but you need to be a Patreon Subscriber to access multiple ingredients.

thanks, i just got upgraded on patreon, how do I upgrade  

Just email me, contact details are on the API instructions page. No need to use this forum unless you want to discuss new features that will help out with Kodi Smile
Well done Zag!
Is there a way to get a full list of all available meal names?
Not a full list from a single API call no sorry, but you can of course iterate through the ID's and lookup each recipe. Or search by country.
(2019-05-16, 20:30)docwra Wrote: Not a full list from a single API call no sorry, but you can of course iterate through the ID's and lookup each recipe. Or search by country.

That is a shame. I am building a chatbot, which needs to learn all meal names so that the user could type something like:
"I want to cook a Lasagne"
And the chatbot should be able to recognize Lasagne, as the name of the meal.

The learning of all the names happens only once, so this supposedly big call would only happen once.

Building a mini crawler that combines records from multiple queries seems a bit counter-intuitive.

Btw. I love your work. These APIs are great and really fun to play with.
Some of the ingredients on the list don't have any recipes associated with them.
i.e.
https://www.themealdb.com/api/json/v1/1/...%20vinegar

Is that expected?
Yep that's expected. Patreon supporters can add recipes using those ingredients but not many have yet.

If you want all meal names, just create a loop over the ID numbers, they are sequential I believe. Less that 200 recipes at the moment should be very easy to scrape.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMealDB.com - An Open Recipe Database with API3