HOW-TO: Build XBMC for Win32 in VC++ Express Edition
Might it not make sense then to avoid copying files which don't (and needn't) exist?
Because this tool is meant for developers which put in plugins or skins which should be included in a release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm a little confused, I'm a developer myself too (though not on Team XBMC) by profession, and when I see errors about files failing to copy I tend to panic. Sure now that you mention that it's ok for them not to be there, I will pay it slightly less attention, but what about others who are also starting to dive into the XBMC source code/build process?
Because this is a hobby not a job. Unfortunately I'm not a professional developer and can only spent a few hours per week for development and this time I use for more important topics Wink
We always accept patches for improvement and bug fixes. So feel free to correct it and submit a patch to trac (or for other topics).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Smirnov Wrote:I'm a little confused, I'm a developer myself too (though not on Team XBMC) by profession, and when I see errors about files failing to copy I tend to panic. Sure now that you mention that it's ok for them not to be there, I will pay it slightly less attention, but what about others who are also starting to dive into the XBMC source code/build process?
You could edit the .bat that builds to avoid copying missing files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO: Build XBMC for Win32 in VC++ Express Edition1