Solved Release 2.8.2 mediainfo crashes always (on ISOs)
The crashes are gone as far as my short test goes with same files. Great!

Side problem/question: I'm using "Prefer runtime from MediaInfo". Until today without any problem. Now the dvd .iso files are read, there are many of them resulting in TMM detecting a runtime of ~17 - 25 hours. Any idea where this could come from? Again, we're only talking dvd .iso. No problems whatsoever with other files so far. Thanks! Smile

If there is no easy fix for this becuase it's kinda experimental, maybe keeping the now good dvd .iso MediaInfo main data, but never take runtime runtime dvd .iso files Media - default to scraped runtime?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Great news, thank you Smile

Well, we send every file to mediainfo, to get the duration.
Then we count all durations, and have the ISO duration.

Added more debug logs, to print out some values;
you might want to have a look in new nightly...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
As far as i can see bd .iso MediaInfo always has a blank duration from the .iso itself - which seems the reason why there is no runtime MediaInfo problem with bd .iso but only dvd .iso.
-> PM with new log

IMHO runtime from .iso it not really important. The other (now mostly working for both bd and dvd) core MediaInfo data is.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Interesting ISO file you have :p

Every (main) vts* file is reported as +/- 23min (which is usually fine), but not that many on a single dvd?!?
How does the mediainfo output look like from the extracted vts file?
Can you try it standalone?
Do the runtime values kinda match the ones in logfile?

Or: how big is the ISO file?
And how big are the extracted files?
Could also be an copy protected DVD, where the index & files have been garbled to such output...

Yes, BD iso is solely read by MediaInfo - not much infos there...
I only use common dvd .iso files to test -> About 4-8 GB. Standalone test confirms many strange 23min parts. But it is still a absolutely common 2-hours retail dvd .iso file - and while i only have a few dvd .iso files i test with, this problem happens with many of these few files! I don't need them - i only do this for debugging purposes Big Grin

You may be right about this being an additional protection mechanism which results in this mess. Since ppl will have such files with no main copy protection but something like this as additional protection left, this may be a valid case which we should consider?

Any thoughts about globally _not_ using runtime from .iso MediaInfo at all?
2 hours is fine, 18 not Tongue
I'll mark this thread as solved, since it doesn't crash anylonger Smile

And yes, we're adding an checkbox to enable/disable this feature... (but i guess not for next version, tbd)
Thanks for your support...
Great - thanks to you too.
added now a simple sanity check:
If the sum of all filesizes on ISO is way bigger than the ISO itself, we will set the duration back to 0.
If the duration of the video file is 0, we always take the scraped duration...
This should sort out at least some invalid DVDs...
(dunno if this is the case with your iso, but i at least have seen such)
Nice! Will check asap.
Works regarding sorting out the insane 15 hours+ entries. But: There are movies with a real runtime of ~1:30 hours which are still deteced as ~2:50 hours or so. Just fyi.
I am currently experiencing this issue on Ubuntu 16.04 with tMM 2.8.2.

My video collection is mainly made up of MKVs, but have a few DVD ISO files spread out over my HDDs.

Every time tMM parses any of these ISOs in the "getting Mediainfo" stage, it immediately crashes.

I checked "tmm.log" after every crash and can confirm that each log ends with the last entries showing ISO files being processed.

I hope that this can be fixed soon.

Thanks,
Rich.
Sorry; my bad.

I see that this has been solved for the next version.

I downloaded tMM 2.8.3 and read the changelog to confirm this:

"x fix MediaInfo crash on some DVD ISOs"

I have a request, though: Can you add an "Update to Beta Version" entry to the settings?

This would be very handy indeed.

Thanks again,
Rich.
Release is out Wink

Well, no.
We discussed this, and decided, that it should be not too easy to switch the current installation to another release tier.
You should manually download the nightly/prerelease... and use it NOT on your productive/same files...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release 2.8.2 mediainfo crashes always (on ISOs)0