Audio Passthrough on LiveTV
Hi
I am coming from Dvbviewer an are lately testing a lot with Kodi around, since i really like the look of the new 17 versions and with the current alpha 2 i get under 1sec zaptime.
I am having the following Problem.
I have activated Audio passthrough, and it is working for Files.
Playing mkv, i get all modes running DTS,DD,True-HD,DTS-HD......
But if i watch Live Tv with Dvbviewer client i only got 2 channel PCM(for DD 2.0), or Multichannel PCM (for DD5.1).
Maybe someone has a Hint for me.

MFG Alex
What are you expecting? I don't think you will find broadcasters transmitting anything greater than lossy 5.1. Usually ac3.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I expect passthrough if enabled.
If Source is DD5.1 -> passthrough DD5.1 to my AV not PCM .
I see. debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's the Kodi 17 alpha Wink Passtrough in Live TV is not working atm.
(2016-07-30, 13:05)skybird1980 Wrote: It's the Kodi 17 alpha Wink Passtrough in Live TV is not working atm.
This has been done intentional. No passthrough on livestreans
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
for me it's ok, i have dolby sound even it's just pcm streams^^
(2016-07-30, 14:10)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-07-30, 13:05)skybird1980 Wrote: It's the Kodi 17 alpha Wink Passtrough in Live TV is not working atm.
This has been done intentional. No passthrough on livestreans

Why?

Thx for this answer, that´s fine for me.

@Martijn Can you please elaborate why this has been removed/disabled or point to the PR? I wasn't able to find the commit
Ask FernetMenta
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
for live streams audio speed needs to be adjusted in order to prevent buffers from running dry or overflow. speed for passthrough can't be adjusted, hence no pt for live streams.
Will there be a chance to see pt with live tv/streams again in the near future? Some of my AV-features only work if the decoding is done by the AV-Receiver......(like dynamic range etc.).
many thx
olli
(2016-08-22, 10:28)debutanker Wrote: Will there be a chance to see pt with live tv/streams again in the near future? Some of my AV-features only work if the decoding is done by the AV-Receiver......(like dynamic range etc.).
many thx
olli

Same here, I'm sad to see pt removed for live tv, I love my Dolby Volume stuf etc. on my receiver.
I perfectly understand the distributed clock problem, but I haven't yet seen a TV with integrated tuner or STB that wouldn't do passthrough. If all involved clocks on encoder and decoder side are sufficiently accurate, you won't run into problems for a long time even without synchronization..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough on LiveTV0