• 15(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
As far as performance with using Kodi is there is big difference between an i5-7200U vs i3-7100U? Looking at getting one of the Beebox versions but can't decide. No gaming would be done this would be just for Kodi(HTPC) and watching Netflix, and some youtube 4k content.
I gave it a try for my gaming computer with gtx980, FX8350 (installed like shown in the video), but I cant get HardwareDecoding working (some settings tried in LAV Video). Should hardwaredecoding work on intel?

edit: didnt work either on Apollo Lake J4205
As soon as I set Hardware acceleration inside LAV Video Filter, Kodi crashes while starting a 10bit h265

When I disable dsplayer/madVR and use the internal filter, then it runs stable, but I have color errors on HDR Movies.
That sucks since I installed a friend this hardware for watching 4K movies...and now it doesnt work. Should have given him an Odroid C2..but this one sucks on changing audio languages and other things...
(2016-12-11, 11:43)phillyman75 Wrote: As far as performance with using Kodi is there is big difference between an i5-7200U vs i3-7100U? Looking at getting one of the Beebox versions but can't decide. No gaming would be done this would be just for Kodi(HTPC) and watching Netflix, and some youtube 4k content.

The i3-7100U is plenty powerful to run Kodi no need to get the i5 version

(2016-12-11, 12:51)flyingernst Wrote: I gave it a try for my gaming computer with gtx980, FX8350 (installed like shown in the video), but I cant get HardwareDecoding working (some settings tried in LAV Video). Should hardwaredecoding work on intel?

edit: didnt work either on Apollo Lake J4205
As soon as I set Hardware acceleration inside LAV Video Filter, Kodi crashes while starting a 10bit h265

When I disable dsplayer/madVR and use the internal filter, then it runs stable, but I have color errors on HDR Movies.
That sucks since I installed a friend this hardware for watching 4K movies...and now it doesnt work. Should have given him an Odroid C2..but this one sucks on changing audio languages and other things...

The link i sent you was for 3D MVC playback,for your madVr testing did you use Kodi DSP version?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I Installed the KODi from the kodi-dsplayer-madvr Threat. Your Version i deleted included settings

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
Hi guys, hoping someone could answer my question. I recently got the Beebox that says is capable of doing 2160p/60. I have a Vizio M65-C1 (2015) TV that the instructions say is capable of doing 2160p/60 on HDMI5. I have the Beebox 2160p/60 port connected to the HDMI5 port on the TV. However, the TV looses the signal every 20 or so seconds. At first I thought it was the receiver in the middle, but it also happens when directly connected to the TV. I even bought a new HDMI cable, same issue. Screen going out is fixed if I drop down the resolution to 2160p/29. Any thoughts? I noticed in the Intel control panel you can go to advanced and it shows a few different output option (GPT being the default). Any thought would be helpful, thanks!
(2016-12-13, 00:40)Chambers Wrote: Hi guys, hoping someone could answer my question. I recently got the Beebox that says is capable of doing 2160p/60. I have a Vizio M65-C1 (2015) TV that the instructions say is capable of doing 2160p/60 on HDMI5. I have the Beebox 2160p/60 port connected to the HDMI5 port on the TV. However, the TV looses the signal every 20 or so seconds. At first I thought it was the receiver in the middle, but it also happens when directly connected to the TV. I even bought a new HDMI cable, same issue. Screen going out is fixed if I drop down the resolution to 2160p/29. Any thoughts? I noticed in the Intel control panel you can go to advanced and it shows a few different output option (GPT being the default). Any thought would be helpful, thanks!

I don't have any experience with that set or 4k TVs, but I can tell you AVS forum has a very extensive thread on that line-up of televisions. You can search over there or post your question. I'm guessing it would apply to any of the M series Vizios from that year.

Here is the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-fl...hread.html
(2016-12-13, 00:40)Chambers Wrote: Hi guys, hoping someone could answer my question. I recently got the Beebox that says is capable of doing 2160p/60. I have a Vizio M65-C1 (2015) TV that the instructions say is capable of doing 2160p/60 on HDMI5. I have the Beebox 2160p/60 port connected to the HDMI5 port on the TV. However, the TV looses the signal every 20 or so seconds. At first I thought it was the receiver in the middle, but it also happens when directly connected to the TV. I even bought a new HDMI cable, same issue. Screen going out is fixed if I drop down the resolution to 2160p/29. Any thoughts? I noticed in the Intel control panel you can go to advanced and it shows a few different output option (GPT being the default). Any thought would be helpful, thanks!

my M55 is a bit flakey on the hdmi 2.0 as well. The joys of being an early adopter. I don't have any cut outs, but it's a huge pain to get the video to ever show up.
Thanks Smitty,

I went there and posted in that thread. Then i started reading backwards and it looks like a lot of people can't get 4k to work consistently. Lot's of issues with the screen cutting in and out. There was a new firmware released, so hopefully i should get it soon and see if it fixed the problem. Thank you!

(2016-12-13, 21:46)Smitty2k1 Wrote:

I don't have any experience with that set or 4k TVs, but I can tell you AVS forum has a very extensive thread on that line-up of televisions. You can search over there or post your question. I'm guessing it would apply to any of the M series Vizios from that year.

Here is the thread: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-fl...hread.html
Hi I am about to order the new beebox 7100. Is it ok to use it as an htpc? Does is it capable to stream 4k videos and h.265 ?what about hd passthrough? I want to use it with openelec setup.
thank you
(2016-12-14, 18:39)tzouvar Wrote: Hi I am about to order the new beebox 7100. Is it ok to use it as an htpc? Does is it capable to stream 4k videos and h.265 ?what about hd passthrough? I want to use it with openelec setup.
thank you

It should be good... however this is still early days and there's hardly any content. You might have to wait for software to catch up. New powerdvd 17 will most likely have 265 with hdr output.
(2016-12-15, 17:52)honcho Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 18:39)tzouvar Wrote: Hi I am about to order the new beebox 7100. Is it ok to use it as an htpc? Does is it capable to stream 4k videos and h.265 ?what about hd passthrough? I want to use it with openelec setup.
thank you

It should be good... however this is still early days and there's hardly any content. You might have to wait for software to catch up. New powerdvd 17 will most likely have 265 with hdr output.

thank you for your response. i want it only for openelec/librelec. not windows!i hope will do the job...
Hi everyone, I've read the whole thread and i have few questions regarding the Beebox:
1. Can it boot from hdd/ssd slot or just from M.2 ssd?
2. I dont have experience with this brand but if any of you have used asrock products or beebox line (preferably) before i would like to know about quality and durability, that is very important to me as i dont live in the US and the box is intended to be used in South America, so if i purchase it at newegg (as it is out of stock on Amazon dot com) i wont be able to send it back.
3. How's temperature, does it get hot when playing 4k 10 bit videos, 3D? Some say 56C is good but i dont think the same, i would like to know the max temperature the beebox can reach at heavy loads.
4. Is it noisy?

Thank you in advance!
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2016-12-18, 06:49)Veronica Wrote: Hi everyone, I've read the whole thread and i have few questions regarding the Beebox:
2. I dont have experience with this brand but if any of you have used asrock products or beebox line (preferably) before i would like to know about quality and durability, that is very important to me as i dont live in the US and the box is intended to be used in South America, so if i purchase it at newegg (as it is out of stock on Amazon dot com) i wont be able to send it back.
3. How's temperature, does it get hot when playing 4k 10 bit videos, 3D? Some say 56C is good but i dont think the same, i would like to now the max temperature the beebox can reach at heavy loads.
4. Is it noisy?

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes, I used a 120Gb SSD and boot from it
2. I have also Asrock Vision 3D (moved now in bedroom), bought about 4 years ago and it's perfect, never had problems.
3. I don't know the maximum temperature reached during the 4k vision, however, 56C is not so much and I think it can reach also higher temp without issue. In general 70/80C should be the max temp during usage, but, however, specs said it supports up to 100C.
4. Absolutely quiet.
thank you

HD passthrough workin only with DVI or native HDMI/DP without conversion chip like using moste mainboard/boxes to get HDMI 2.0 working
about 4K, H.265 from yesterday HW decoding working in LibreELEC Smile
(2016-12-18, 07:24)Lucas Rey Wrote:
(2016-12-18, 06:49)Veronica Wrote: Hi everyone, I've read the whole thread and i have few questions regarding the Beebox:
3. How's temperature, does it get hot when playing 4k 10 bit videos, 3D? Some say 56C is good but i dont think the same, i would like to now the max temperature the beebox can reach at heavy loads.
4. Is it noisy?

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes, I used a 120Gb SSD and boot from it
2. I have also Asrock Vision 3D (moved now in bedroom), bought about 4 years ago and it's perfect, never had problems.
3. I don't know the maximum temperature reached during the 4k vision, however, 56C is not so much and I think it can reach also higher temp without issue. In general 70/80C should be the max temp during usage, but, however, specs said it supports up to 100C.
4. Absolutely quiet.

Thanks!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3