• 32(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2017-03-05, 11:48)Cob2 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 00:47)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 00:03)mule1 Wrote: Results of my KODI tests with the KabyLake-NUC (i3) with USB-C to HDMI converter from Club3D:

Windows:
- audio passthrough: working in combination with every resolution, sound starts immediately after playback started (no delay as with the DP2HDMI converter from Megachips)
- 3D with special KODI version: not working (sound is playing, but no video)

Linux::
- audio passthrough: not working (only tested Atmos and DTS:X)

Sorry Intel, but Kaby/Apollo-Lake is a total mess!

The AsRock Beebox Kaby Lake is the only Kaby Lake device working with 3D MVC.
Why is that so? Is it only drivers issue which should be solved soon?

Only this 3d MVC issue worries me a little because I have a bunch movies to play on my new box
Native HDMI2.0-Port audio issues: a) Windows: FW-Issue of the DP2HDMI-Chip from Megachips b) Linux: FW-Issue of the DP2HDMI-Chip from Megachips & Kernel-Bug
3D-MVC: I have no idead whats the reason for the issues, but i believe that its a combination of driver and FW bug.
(2017-03-08, 14:28)mule1 Wrote: ...
3D-MVC: I have no idea whats the reason for the issues, but i believe that its a combination of driver and FW bug.

I also did a whole bunch of updates on my Kaby Lake Dell XPS13 USB-C machine. About 7 updates regarding chipset only plus Bios, Video etc.

The end result is the same I had right from the beginning. Epson projector is showing 1080p @24fps alternating left/right eye with all 3D options ON and hardware mode selected in Kodi. Projector is not receiving 3D mode frame packing (double stack 2K frames).
I start to believe that this is hardware issue with some chip limiting resolutions Y x Z and double stacked frames (2K resolution 1,920 x 2,205) is omitted. When Kodi is sending 2 frames (left/right) in one shot I get top frame first, then bottom, skip few then repeat again.
(2017-02-27, 09:08)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 19:12)baba420 Wrote:
(2017-02-26, 12:23)Caramba69 Wrote: It doesn't work for me. I get an error when I even check the current fw version.
You have to use the HDMI 2.0 port and set the resolution in Windows 10 on the max possible (4k)

It still doesn't work:

Start ISP...
Current Firmware Version: N/A
ISP initialization failed!
System Reset ...Not available!
ISP failed! (1)
ISP failed! (1)

Do you know what it fixes?

I was having the same problem and decided to use the intel upgrader and it worked for me.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...d-NUC7i3BN

I recently purchased the Beebox-s 7100u, and I was wondering if anyone else knew if it did or does not have "HDMI CEC". Some review sites claim to have it and working but I don't see anything on their support site that would suggest it.
Intel upgrader indeed seems to work much better. I used to flash asrock J3455 board

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Anyone knows if the Asus Vivomini UN65U has HDMI 2.0? Or is that even important? Smile There's a special offer for it that ends tonight and the only thing looking better on the barebones is an infrared receiver built-in.

Edit: I found a site now saying: HDMI 1.4a, DisplayPort 1.2 . So if I wanted 4k60 with sound from PC to TV, how would I do it? Could I just use a DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter? https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayP...o+2.0+hdmi
(2017-03-12, 22:38)quacked Wrote: Anyone knows if the Asus Vivomini UN65U has HDMI 2.0? Or is that even important? Smile There's a special offer for it that ends tonight and the only thing looking better on the barebones is an infrared receiver built-in.

Edit: I found a site now saying: HDMI 1.4a, DisplayPort 1.2 . So if I wanted 4k60 with sound from PC to TV, how would I do it? Could I just use a DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter? https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-DisplayP...o+2.0+hdmi

Make sure display port is hdcp 2.2 compliant also.
How can I find out? Can't find specs describing that.
I passed on the special offer since nothing suggested it had HDCP 2.2. Back to trying to decide between the Beebox-S and Intel NUC. Can somebody explain the need for 3D MVC? I get that it's way better than HSBS, but manufacturers have stopped putting 3D support in their TVs. So unless we stay with out old TVs, we won't be able to see 3D on our TVs in the future anyways. There's also so little MVC content available it seems.
Hello,

Is someone here interested in a ASRock Beebox Kaby Lake S-7100U ? I got one from Mindfactory in Germany two Months ago.
New Price was:
320€ the Box
8GB DDR4 Crucial RAM 60€
32GB m2 SSD Kingston 30€

All together 410€

I will sell ist for 320€, excl. Shipping Costs.
In Germany 5€
Europe 15€

Paypal is available.
(2017-03-14, 10:41)quacked Wrote: ....
Can somebody explain the need for 3D MVC? I get that it's way better than HSBS, but manufacturers have stopped putting 3D support in their TVs. So unless we stay with out old TVs, we won't be able to see 3D on our TVs in the future anyways. There's also so little MVC content available it seems.

It's true that manufactures have stopped 3D support in TVs and 3D titles will most likely slowly disappear.
The new marketing wave is 4K and HDR. It all depends on personal preference. In my opinion good 3D (the movie and the system) has much better punch than the best 4K with HDR if both compared to regular HD.

Recent Blu-Ray releases have gain a lot in quality especially in terms of sharpens and properly set up display range. If good TV or projector with deep blacks is properly calibrated then you don't see that much of a difference with 4K HDR. Don't be fooled by demos at local stores showing off new technology on split screens with before and after effect (HD / 4k HDR) difference. It would be true if you compared over 10 year old inexpensive back then TV with contrast ratio of 1:800 using one of the first released Blu-Ray disks to the latest top of the line unit 4K HDR. Current Blu-Ray disks are mastered in 4K HDR and scaled at the end to HD Blu-Ray format.
So what I'm getting at is that if you play the same movie (recent release) side by side on latest 4K HDR display out of 4K Blu-Ray player and regular HD Blu-Ray you don't see that much of a striking difference.

3D on the other side is obvious. You have it, it's amazing or you don't Wink

Hopefully in few years when technology advances we get back to 3D in 4K and beyond.
Curious if anyone else is having issues with Lossless Audio pass through not working correctly with the latest version of kodi 17.1 RC1.

I own a Beebox-s 7100u
(2017-03-14, 14:36)deaerator Wrote: Curious if anyone else is having issues with Lossless Audio pass through not working correctly with the latest version of kodi 17.1 RC1.

I own a Beebox-s 7100u

Windows or Linux?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2017-03-14, 15:06)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 14:36)deaerator Wrote: Curious if anyone else is having issues with Lossless Audio pass through not working correctly with the latest version of kodi 17.1 RC1.

I own a Beebox-s 7100u

Windows or Linux?

Windows 10 pro & I even updated the hdmi firmware to 1.61
(2017-03-14, 15:07)deaerator Wrote:
(2017-03-14, 15:06)movie78 Wrote:

I own a Beebox-s 7100u

Windows or Linux?

Windows 10 pro & I even updated the HDMI firmware to 1.61

Is WASAPI selected in you audio output settings and did you enable PASSTHROUGH?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Yes on both

Sent from my iPhone
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3