• 36(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
Which one of these sensors could be GPU temperature on Beebox 7100 or is it even available (Kodi is idling on TV series list, but theres almost no change with X.org stopped)?

Code:
nct6793-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
in0:                    +0.62 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)
in1:                    +0.58 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in2:                    +3.30 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in3:                    +3.38 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in4:                    +0.39 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in5:                    +0.29 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in6:                    +0.42 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in7:                    +3.30 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in8:                    +2.98 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in9:                    +1.01 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in10:                   +0.30 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in11:                   +0.29 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in12:                   +0.58 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in13:                   +1.70 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
in14:                   +0.34 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +0.00 V)  ALARM
fan1:                     0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan2:                  1711 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan3:                     0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan4:                     0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan5:                     0 RPM  (min =    0 RPM)
fan6:                     0 RPM
SYSTIN:                 +82.5°C    sensor = thermistor
CPUTIN:                 +70.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN0:                +65.0°C  (high =  +0.0°C, hyst =  +0.0°C)  ALARM  sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN1:                +81.0°C    sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN2:                +78.0°C    sensor = thermistor
AUXTIN3:                +77.0°C    sensor = thermistor
PECI Agent 0:           +67.0°C  (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)
                                 (crit = +100.0°C)
Some Dolby Digital Plus and 7.1 tracks weren't playing via Kodi on my AsRock Beebox 7200U. I noticed that the Intel NUCs have a new firmware: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=95069. Applied the update and all is well, no more misbehaving audio tracks.
(2017-03-31, 05:49)harshw Wrote: Some Dolby Digital Plus and 7.1 tracks weren't playing via Kodi on my AsRock Beebox 7200U. I noticed that the Intel NUCs have a new firmware: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=95069. Applied the update and all is well, no more misbehaving audio tracks.

It's good to know this was a Firmware problem. This fixed my direct connection to the TV; still cannot get 4k Netflix HDR content to appear though.
Can anybody with a Beebox-s connect to the internet while inside the BIOS with a physical LAN connection?
36 pages is a lot to wade through... has anyone done a quickie "Kaby Lake for Dummies" comparison of the new Cubi2 vs Brix vs Beebox vs Intel NUC - advantages/disadvantages? (Stuff like the HDMI version on the Cubi2, fan noise, etc.) Is there one that's more plug-and-play than the others? Is there any advantage to going intel? I'm not seeing a clear winner, just on the specs.

I don't have a 4k t.v., and don't plan to for a while, but I would like a box that will play anything that I throw at it, so that I don't have to kill myself tracking down particular sizes/encodes of content.
(2017-04-03, 00:32)meeotch Wrote: 36 pages is a lot to wade through... has anyone done a quickie "Kaby Lake for Dummies" comparison of the new Cubi2 vs Brix vs Beebox vs Intel NUC - advantages/disadvantages? (Stuff like the HDMI version on the Cubi2, fan noise, etc.) Is there one that's more plug-and-play than the others? Is there any advantage to going intel? I'm not seeing a clear winner, just on the specs.

I don't have a 4k t.v., and don't plan to for a while, but I would like a box that will play anything that I throw at it, so that I don't have to kill myself tracking down particular sizes/encodes of content.

What Kodi platform and what types of files are you trying to play?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@movie78 - ah, yes... that probably would have been relevant info to include. ;-)

Mostly, I'm looking to upgrade from my current chromebox because it won't do 2k HEVC. I plan to run some flavor of linux. I don't currently own a 4k t.v., but it would be nice to future-proof to the extent that I could grab 4k 10-bit HEVC versions of content when it's available, and not have to re-acquire in the future. I also find a lot of anime in hi-10 (10bit h264), but my understanding is that any i3/i5 machine will be capable of decoding hi-10 in software.

Given the above, I'm pretty sure any of the kaby lake options will be fine. So I was really hoping for a summary of the reasons to choose one over another. (I've read in various places about issues like HDMI version, fan noise, space for a 2.5" drive, etc. - but nothing that gathers all the info together.)
(2017-04-03, 17:46)meeotch Wrote: @movie78 - ah, yes... that probably would have been relevant info to include. ;-)

Mostly, I'm looking to upgrade from my current chromebox because it won't do 2k HEVC. I plan to run some flavor of linux. I don't currently own a 4k t.v., but it would be nice to future-proof to the extent that I could grab 4k 10-bit HEVC versions of content when it's available, and not have to re-acquire in the future. I also find a lot of anime in hi-10 (10bit h264), but my understanding is that any i3/i5 machine will be capable of decoding hi-10 in software.

Given the above, I'm pretty sure any of the kaby lake options will be fine. So I was really hoping for a summary of the reasons to choose one over another. (I've read in various places about issues like HDMI version, fan noise, space for a 2.5" drive, etc. - but nothing that gathers all the info together.)

If you are going to be Linux platform then any of the Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake hardware should work.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Hi there, does anyone know if the BRIX does support HDR?

https://www.alternate.de/GIGABYTE/BRIX-G...ct/1309977

Thank you!!
(2017-04-03, 18:21)PLAY911 Wrote: Hi there, does anyone know if the BRIX does support HDR?

https://www.alternate.de/GIGABYTE/BRIX-G...ct/1309977

Thank you!!

Not on Windows and not sure with Linux.
>> If you are going to be Linux platform then any of the Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake hardware should work.

Yes, but there still must be some non-trivial differences between them. The anandtech reviews turned out to be a good resource:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11198/giga...x-review/7
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11095/asro...c-review/7
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10944/msi-...c-review/7

From what I can tell so far, the main differences:

MSI Cubi2 - no HDMI 2.0, M.2 2242 slot (not 2280)
Beebox - available with a remote control, possible thermal issues
Brix - better internal layout, louder fan, thunderbolt port, USB 3.1 Gen2
Intel - has 2x2 wifi (vs 1x1 on the 3rd party devices), IR remote port (but no remote included)

Price-wise, they're all similar. Intel is $10 more, Brix is $20 more (currently).

I guess I'm leaning toward the Intel box, for the faster wifi & IR port.
(2017-04-03, 00:32)meeotch Wrote: 36 pages is a lot to wade through... has anyone done a quickie "Kaby Lake for Dummies" comparison of the new Cubi2 vs Brix vs Beebox vs Intel NUC - advantages/disadvantages? (Stuff like the HDMI version on the Cubi2, fan noise, etc.) Is there one that's more plug-and-play than the others? Is there any advantage to going intel? I'm not seeing a clear winner, just on the specs.

There a few reasons why I chose the Beebox-s 7100u

There are 3 outputs for displays and the Display Port and HDMI 1 both support HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Remote Control and IR port on front.
Kaby Lake (Supports 4k netflix, HDR,)
Windows 10 is my OS; In the configuration of the listed supported Codecs, I don't see Dolby Atmos or DTS:X listed.
If a file is played with either codec, will it just passthrough the data and have the Receiver bitstream properly or will it get downmixed to something else.

Should there be updated drivers to support Atmos or DTS:X?
(2017-04-03, 21:27)meeotch Wrote: >> If you are going to be Linux platform then any of the Kaby Lake and Apollo Lake hardware should work.

Yes, but there still must be some non-trivial differences between them. The anandtech reviews turned out to be a good resource:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11198/giga...x-review/7
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11095/asro...c-review/7
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10944/msi-...c-review/7

From what I can tell so far, the main differences:

MSI Cubi2 - no HDMI 2.0, M.2 2242 slot (not 2280)
Beebox - available with a remote control, possible thermal issues
Brix - better internal layout, louder fan, thunderbolt port, USB 3.1 Gen2
Intel - has 2x2 wifi (vs 1x1 on the 3rd party devices), IR remote port (but no remote included)

Price-wise, they're all similar. Intel is $10 more, Brix is $20 more (currently).

I guess I'm leaning toward the Intel box, for the faster wifi & IR port.

Also, the Intel NUC (from i5) has better CPU and graphics, no? Not sure how much it counts.
(2017-04-04, 01:29)deaerator Wrote: Windows 10 is my OS; In the configuration of the listed supported Codecs, I don't see Dolby Atmos or DTS:X listed.
If a file is played with either codec, will it just passthrough the data and have the Receiver bitstream properly or will it get downmixed to something else.

Should there be updated drivers to support Atmos or DTS:X?
With the (leaked Final) Windows Creators Update the Dolby Atmos addon can be installed through the app store (only after installing the CU), but Kodi (17.1) still doesn't play Atmos as is. DTS-X it does although its not listed as a supported format under the Windows audio formats. My receiver shows Atmos as a Windows standard audio output after installing the Atmos addon.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3