• 57(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
(2017-08-30, 12:41)count.zero Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 11:08)fmedrano1977 Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 10:40)guandms Wrote: Is there a mini pc like Gigabyte Brix or Asrock Beebox that the HDMI 2.0 they have can pass through DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD on LibreELEC Huh
I don't think lossless audio is supported by LibreELEC on KabyLake mini PCs, one must run Kodi on Windows for lossless audio.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Hi, it is supported!
I'm using my NUC7I3BNK either with Libreelec 8.1.0beta or Kodi 17.4@windows (some sort of dualboot) and in both environments I'm able to pass through DTS-HD (mostly I'm using DTS:X) and Dolby-ATMOS/TrueHD to my AV-Receiver.
Working wonderfully Smile.

In genereal, since 17.4 and Libreelec 8.1.0beta I am very happy with my NUC7I3BNK, but I am deperately missing HDR capabilities ....

greetz,
count

So, as i expected, passtrough of DD+, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD is not working at LibreElec 8.1.0 beta. Support for HW with shitty LPScon chip between DP and HDMI output is not done in any Linux yet. There is some work on this by developers, but it is not solved by now. End of story :-) We have to wait :-)
(2017-08-30, 18:32)WaVe_99 Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 12:41)count.zero Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 11:08)fmedrano1977 Wrote: I don't think lossless audio is supported by LibreELEC on KabyLake mini PCs, one must run Kodi on Windows for lossless audio.

Sent from my HTC 10 (typie typie)

Hi, it is supported!
I'm using my NUC7I3BNK either with Libreelec 8.1.0beta or Kodi 17.4@windows (some sort of dualboot) and in both environments I'm able to pass through DTS-HD (mostly I'm using DTS:X) and Dolby-ATMOS/TrueHD to my AV-Receiver.

In genereal, since 17.4 and Libreelec 8.1.0beta I am very happy with my NUC7I3BNK, but I am deperately missing HDR capabilities ....

greetz,
count

So, as i expected, passtrough of DD+, Dolby True HD and DTS-HD is not working at LibreElec 8.1.0 beta. Support for HW with shitty LPScon chip between DP and HDMI output is not done in any Linux yet. There is some work on this by developers, but it is not solved by now. End of story :-) We have to wait :-)

You are correct, also with my NUC the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD is not working even with 8.1.0 Sad
(2017-08-30, 12:41)count.zero Wrote: Hi, it is supported!
Sorry to say but it's not supported under Linux. If Atmos/DTS:X is working for you then your devices are not all HDMI 2.0 compliant or you are using HDMI1.4 instead of HDMI 2.0 ports on some of your devices.

Edit: This is the recent comment regarding the bug from one Intel guy(?): "this is just one bug among others (currently 300+ bugs)". So not much hope that it will soon get fixed.
(2017-08-30, 23:51)mule1 Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 12:41)count.zero Wrote: Hi, it is supported!
Sorry to say but it's not supported under Linux. If Atmos/DTS:X is working for you then your devices are not all HDMI 2.0 compliant or you are using HDMI1.4 instead of HDMI 2.0 ports on some of your devices.

Edit: This is the recent comment regarding the bug from one Intel guy(?): "this is just one bug among others (currently 300+ bugs)". So not much hope that it will soon get fixed.

There are no HDMI 1,4 ports on his NUC :-) He is wrong, cause he is using also windows, and on windows bittstream of HD sound is working...
(2017-08-30, 14:14)WaVe_99 Wrote: Count - sorry, but are you sure about dts-hd and dolby true-hd passtrough are working on LibreElec 8.1.0? Cause on my Nuc Kaby Lake and Milhouse latest beta of Leia are not and i dont read any news about passtrough problem on Kaby Lake and Linux is solved. Thank you for sharing more info :-)

hmmmm .... that makes me wonder!
I have to check that in the evening ... and will of course correct myself and apologize if I really was mistaken (due to my dualboot conf) ....
(2017-08-31, 17:14)count.zero Wrote:
(2017-08-30, 14:14)WaVe_99 Wrote: Count - sorry, but are you sure about dts-hd and dolby true-hd passtrough are working on LibreElec 8.1.0? Cause on my Nuc Kaby Lake and Milhouse latest beta of Leia are not and i dont read any news about passtrough problem on Kaby Lake and Linux is solved. Thank you for sharing more info :-)

I have to check that in the evening ... and will of course correct myself and apologize if I really was mistaken (due to my dualboot conf) ....

I really have to apologize!!
It seems I got confused with playing around simultaneously with my Intel NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK - Windows & LibreElec as well as my Odroid-C2 with LibreElec.
Im am very sorry.
U are right, no DTS-HD / Atmos on my NUC via LibreElec :-(
(2017-08-31, 21:27)count.zero Wrote:
(2017-08-31, 17:14)count.zero Wrote:

I really have to apologize!!
It seems I got confused with playing around simultaneously with my Intel NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK - Windows & LibreElec as well as my Odroid-C2 with LibreElec.
Im am very sorry.
U are right, no DTS-HD / Atmos on my NUC via LibreElec :-(

I have serious doubts about this problem will be solved in future :-( Cause i think its more than 1,5 year after first nuc with apolo lake was produced :-( Intel support doesnt care about problems with Linux system :-( Its shame :-( NUC is great solution for home pc, but supports is worst and worst...

Sent from my iPhone
Guys i need your help, i want to leave LibreELEC until the HD Audio pass through issue will be solved, so my only option is windows 10
And this are the issues i have with it:
01. The IR Remote (HP Media Center) i have is not working as it should on windows, with LE all the buttons are configured as they should, in Windows almost nothing work....
02. Every time i turned the receiver on the window size was changed from full screen to windowed (right now i have a different receiver so maybe this is already resolved)
Anyone can please help me ...
Thanks in advance ...
Hello.

I decided to make a new HTPC Libreelec because the support for amd and nvidia graphics cards will not be fast. The only chance is at Intel. Can I count on 4k 60hz movies and Dolby truehd and DTS HD on this motherboard and this processor?

I do not want to throw money back in the mud again.

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming
Intel Pentium G4600 3,6GHz
(2017-09-01, 13:18)kowalmisiek Wrote: Can I count on 4k 60hz movies and Dolby truehd and DTS HD on this motherboard and this processor?
If you run Windows only.

Otherwise when using Linux/LibreELEC - Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Audio has to be decoded to lossless Multichannel PCM for no loss in Audio quality.

No HD Audio Passthrough when using LibreELEC on Apollo / Kaby Lake Intel Hardware that has the Display Port > HDMI 2.0 adapter.
Forget about Dolby Atmos and DTS:X all together with Linux/LibreELEC.

A dirt cheap $35 AMLogic S905X running LibreELEC Kodi can do a better job than what Intel Apollo / Kaby are currently offering for Linux users !

(2017-09-01, 12:53)guandms Wrote: Guys i need your help, i want to leave LibreELEC until the HD Audio pass through issue will be solved, so my only option is windows 10
And this are the issues i have with it:
01. The IR Remote (HP Media Center) i have is not working as it should on windows, with LE all the buttons are configured as they should, in Windows almost nothing work....
[cut]
That HP is an 100% compatible MCE remote I guess? I use such a remote and I don't think I miss something when using it with Kodi 17.x and W10? Could you give a hint of what you are missing when using Kodi, what can you not do or use?
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
This is my remote:

Now, when i install Kodi 17.3 (now 17.4) on Windows 10 most of the buttons do not work, like the MCE green button, doesn't start Kodi (It use to have "Advanced MCE Mapper Tool" tool for re config the buttons but it doesn't work on Windows 10)
Besides that, the bottom left and right buttons # and * are used to change Audio and Subtitles, now they don't...
When i use the IR Remaper in Kodi it does change those but when i press the buttons Windows make it 2 config button and then does something else instead...
(2017-09-01, 16:06)guandms Wrote: [cut]

Now, when i install Kodi 17.3 (now 17.4) on Windows 10 most of the buttons do not work, like the MCE green button, doesn't start Kodi (It use to have "Advanced MCE Mapper Tool" tool for re config the buttons but it doesn't work on Windows 10)
Besides that, the bottom left and right buttons # and * are used to change Audio and Subtitles, now they don't...
When i use the IR Remaper in Kodi it does change those but when i press the buttons Windows make it 2 config button and then does something else instead...
Yes, that's the one.

I understand you want that the green button is default for starting Kodi, but the green button is original the default Windows Media Center trigger and Windows Media Center is removed from Windows 10. That doesn't mean that it still can't be used. There is an alternative MCE installation for Windows 10 and that adds the eHome sub directory in the Windows directory and within that subdir there one can find ehshell.exe. With an alternative version of ehshell Kodi can be started with the green button. You could Google for this alternative.

I don't use # and * but press the OK button during media playing and select there what I want to add (subtitle) or change (subtitle, audio stream, etc. etc.).
When browsing the library, and not playing media, pressing and holding the OK button, opens a sub-menu and all the other Kodi options that could be interesting comes in sight.

Never had to use any mapper or script to get things going and I only use MCE remotes as long as I can remember, and that is quite a while Wink
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
(2017-09-01, 13:37)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2017-09-01, 13:18)kowalmisiek Wrote: Can I count on 4k 60hz movies and Dolby truehd and DTS HD on this motherboard and this processor?
If you run Windows only.

Otherwise when using Linux/LibreELEC - Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Audio has to be decoded to lossless Multichannel PCM for no loss in Audio quality.

No HD Audio Passthrough when using LibreELEC on Apollo / Kaby Lake Intel Hardware that has the Display Port > HDMI 2.0 adapter.
Forget about Dolby Atmos and DTS:X all together with Linux/LibreELEC.

A dirt cheap $35 AMLogic S905X running LibreELEC Kodi can do a better job than what Intel Apollo / Kaby are currently offering for Linux users !

I have a hd audio receiver and only use it for listening to the sound. I understand that if my htpc is connected to receiver then hd audio (HDMI 2.0) will work Huh I do not care so much about the dolby atmospheres.

PS for some time I used wetek play 2 and it was not efficient. He often had slowdowns and jams in the LIBREELEC interface and when turning on the application.

On HTPC always everything is perfectly smooth.
(2017-09-02, 07:41)kowalmisiek Wrote: I have a hd audio receiver and only use it for listening to the sound. I understand that if my htpc is connected to receiver then hd audio (HDMI 2.0) will work Huh
So confirming you are getting HD Audio passthrough when using LibreELEC on your Intel Kaby Hardware ?

YES or NO pls Wink

• 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3