• 65(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
this picture still shows the lspcon.  I think the lower powered Gemini lake is supposed to have native hdmi 2.0 support though.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-60-

Quote:This new WDDM 2.3 driver also provides security fixes, support for Wide Color Gamut, enables 10-bit HDR playback over HDMI
, and enables video processing and video decode acceleration in DirectX* 12.

Intel 23.20.16.4849 driver.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/118311

Quote:Windows-based HDR is expected to be rolled out through Microsoft Windows® 10 Fall Creators Update.  Support for Windows® HDR usages, like HDR streaming content, will be available on 7th Gen Intel Core systems or newer with Intel HD Graphics 620 or better. (must have HDCP2.2 support – please check your manufacturer’s tech specs for support details)
(2017-11-07, 17:39)gwilly7 Wrote: this picture still shows the lspcon.  I think the lower powered Gemini lake is supposed to have native hdmi 2.0 support though.

Ah - my mistake - thanks for clarifying.
Just to confirm:

On a Win 10 install with Kaby Lake hardware
-4K to 1080p resolution and refresh rate switching works
-HDR works
-full bitstreaming of HD audio codecs works? (Atmos, DTS-X etc...)

Would I need a Nvidia GT1030 video card to make sure everything works correctly?
(2017-11-17, 19:28)SkylineEX-S Wrote: Just to confirm:

-HDR works

Would I need a Nvidia GT1030 video card to make sure everything works correctly?
 Are these question?

As far as i know HDR only works with PDVD17
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
HDR working just fine for me on the Beebox and NUC with latest Creators Update and recently released HDR enabling GPU driver. Only downside, it's not dynamic, you must turn on and off in display settings. 4K 1:1 rips play just fine with native tv/movies app.

Sent from my HTC 10
movie78,

Yes they are questions. 
I am having a difficult time with bitstreaming HD audio codecs with LibreELEC and a Minix U9-H and I thought it would be a simple install and play...

It works perfectly video wise but audio, is a hit-or-miss minefield.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it's just digital noise.

Seeing your signature, did you get Atmos to work?
(2017-11-17, 21:17)fmedrano1977 Wrote: HDR working just fine for me on the Beebox and NUC with latest Creators Update and recently released HDR enabling GPU driver. Only downside, it's not dynamic, you must turn on and off in display settings. 4K 1:1 rips play just fine with native tv/movies app.

Sent from my HTC 10

Which native App ?

I believe Windiws Kodi does not have HDR support, is this correct ?

And from all accounts PowerDVD is buggy, is this also correct ?

More details need to be posted because everyone reading is very confused at the moment reading this thread about HDR Kaby Lake support.

No HDR support with Kodi, and PDVD17 is buggy (no audio when HDR activated). By the native app, I'm talking about the Windows 10 built in Movie a player.

Sent from my HTC 10
Thx.

And then what about Audio support in the Win 10 Movie Player ?

I know DTS HD & X are bitstreamed, I have never been able to get Atmos to bitstream on my Beebox, that includes using Kodi, but TrueHD does work.

Sent from my HTC 10
(2017-11-17, 21:28)SkylineEX-S Wrote: I am having a difficult time with bitstreaming HD audio codecs with LibreELEC and a Minix U9-H and I thought it would be a simple install and play...

It works perfectly video wise but audio, is a hit-or-miss minefield.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it's just digital noise.

What version of LibreELEC are you using?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-11-17, 21:03)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 19:28)SkylineEX-S Wrote: Just to confirm:

-HDR works

Are these question?

As far as i know HDR only works with PDVD17  

(2017-11-18, 01:38)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 21:28)SkylineEX-S Wrote: I am having a difficult time with bitstreaming HD audio codecs with LibreELEC and a Minix U9-H and I thought it would be a simple install and play...

What version of LibreELEC are you using?  

I'm using the current 8.2.0.1 (2017-10-28)

My U9-H can't boot into LibreELEC using the micro SD slot but is working with a standard USB key.
I've been actually using it but the audio in PCM 7.1 not passthrough and it has been working great.
I just can't take advantage of any of the advanced height audio codecs because bitstreaming is iffy.

Wrxtasy is correct it it is an amazing box for LibreELEC in 1080 and 4K.
I may just install LibreELEC into internal eMMC and be done with it.  I can't complain for a $125 Canadian price box!

If and when intel releases their new Coffee Lake or whatever CPU's with direct HDMI 2.0b I will switch back to a HTPC.
(2017-11-20, 19:59)SkylineEX-S Wrote: I'm using the current 8.2.0.1 (2017-10-28)

My U9-H can't boot into LibreELEC using the micro SD slot but is working with a standard USB key.
I've been actually using it but the audio in PCM 7.1 not passthrough and it has been working great.
I just can't take advantage of any of the advanced height audio codecs because bitstreaming is iffy.

The fixes for HBR (High BitRate) Audio did not go into LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 (due to negative feedback with the older 4.11.y kernel) so you won't have much luck bitstreaming better than DTS in LibreELEC 8. The HBR fixes will not now appear in any LibreELEC 8 release.

If you want to use HBR bitstreaming then you'll have to test a LibreELEC 9.0/Kodi 18 nightly as this uses the 4.14.y kernel which now includes the HBR fix, and HBR works well (apparently, based on feedback).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-11-17, 21:03)movie78 Wrote:
(2017-11-17, 19:28)SkylineEX-S Wrote:  
(2017-11-20, 20:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 19:59)SkylineEX-S Wrote: I'm using the current 8.2.0.1 (2017-10-28)

The fixes for HBR (High BitRate) Audio did not go into LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 (due to negative feedback with the older 4.11.y kernel) so you won't have much luck bitstreaming better than DTS in LibreELEC 8. The HBR fixes will not now appear in any LibreELEC 8 release.

If you want to use HBR bitstreaming then you'll have to test a LibreELEC 9.0/Kodi 18 nightly as this uses the 4.14.y kernel which now includes the HBR fix, and HBR works well (apparently, based on feedback). 
 Thank You Millhouse!

I haven't tried the 9.0/nightly builds yet.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3