• 67(current)
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware
I am bitstreaming all audio to my receiver (Pioneer LX801) which handles all audio and all from 2 chanel stereo to atmos and dts-x works perfect on my setup with the same mobo as yours.
I havent flashed my mobo as hdcp 2,2 worked fine out of the box for me.
There is a bug in powerdvd 17 which i think is messing up the audio at your end.
I am not at my PC atm so i dont have the link with the solution but once applied you should be all good
Thank for the post. I tried various connection methods to test this issue after the hdcp 2.2 upgrade. Lossless audio bitstreaming works fine when I use the data port output from motherboard to HDMI on Marantz 8802a, but only PCM works when I use the HDMI output from the board. Kodi 17.6 is the player I use to playback all my video files. PowerDVD 17 is installed to test the 4k HDR files when I get my 4K Sony projector.

P
Ok. I use a nvidia card atm but i have tested the onboard hdmi with internal gfx and on kodi 17.6 with dsplayer 4K HDR works just fine. Not 100% sure about the audio there but i think it worked just fine as i didnt notice anything unusual.
Just a warning from me for my fellow Kaby Lake users. Do NOT update your HDMI 1.66 firmware to the latest 1.71 or 1.72 firmware from Intel. It will mess up your device and HDR won't work anymore in Windows 10. It was a pain in the #ss for me to revert back to 1.66.

HDMI 2.0 Firmware Update 1.72 Intel
The newly announced Intel Kaby Lake G processor Core i7 8808G seems a promising chip for video playback. Specs: 
Code:
Specificaties Radeon RX Vega M:

4GB Capacity
1024-bit bus width
low power
Compute units

Up to 24 Compute Units
Asynchronous Dispatch
Per Compute Unit Power Gating
Vulkan & DirectX 12Ready
Supports Radeon Shader Intrinsics
Quad Geometry Engines
Vega Pixel Engine

Up to 16 Render Back Ends
Up to 64 Pixels/Clock
Radeon Multimedia Engine

4K60 encode/decode with Radeon ReLive
HEVC, H264 HDR enc/dec
Intel Quick Sync Video

VP9 & HEVC 10b HW enc/dec
H264 HW enc/dec
Radeon Display Engine

6 Displays
Up to 4K resolution
Display Port 1.4 w/ HDR
HDMI 2.0b with HDR10 support
Intel Gfx Display Engine

3 Displays
4K resolution
eDP/PSR for long battery life
Hi, I'm planning to replace my NUC 6th generation with a 7th generation Kaby Lake NUC (NUC7i3BNH) only for one reason: to be able to play 4K HEVC 10bit movies, as the 6th generation isn't capable to decode it in hardware.
Reading some reviews I saw that there are/were some problems with the HD Audio Passthrough (DTS-HD, etc) on the Kaby Lake but not sure if they were fixed and working also on Linux.
So my question would be if currently are there problems with HD Audio Passthrough on Kaby Lake + Ubuntu 16.04 + Kodi 17 ?
Thank you!
There was a problem with the Audio HD, in Leia there is a fix and it's working now, and to tell you the truth if you will use Aeon Nox 5 or similar skin (not heavy skin) the best streamer for now including 4K HDR (I'm using it) is the Minix u9-H
(2018-01-12, 19:14)guandms Wrote: Minix u9-H

Great, you've opened my eyes, I was stuck on NUCs, but Minix u9-H seems exactly I want and I'll keep the current NUC for other things. Tomorrow I'll get one Smile!
(2018-01-12, 13:50)muntos Wrote: ...I'm planning to replace my NUC 6th generation with a 7th generation Kaby Lake NUC (NUC7i3BNH) only for one reason: to be able to play 4K HEVC 10bit movies, as the 6th generation isn't capable to decode it in hardware.
 Have you actually tried?  ...the Apollo Lake (6th gen) NUCs do in fact hardware decode 4k HEVC 10bit...

...I'm playing one right now:
Code:
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : HEVC
Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile                           : Main [email protected]@High
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration                                 : 1 h 50 min
Bit rate                                 : 54.8 Mb/s
Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Standard                                 : NTSC
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth                                : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.275
Stream size                              : 42.3 GiB (89%)
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : SMPTE ST 2084
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : R: x=0.680000 y=0.320000, G: x=0.265000 y=0.690000, B: x=0.150000 y=0.060000, White point: x=0.312700 y=0.329000
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 1000.0000 cd/m2
Yes I've tried, and no, it doesn't work. Apollo Lake is the same generation as Kaby Lake, 6th generation is Sky Lake (as 6260U, mine)
(2018-01-13, 06:42)muntos Wrote: Yes I've tried, and no, it doesn't work. Apollo Lake is the same generation as Kaby Lake, 6th generation is Sky Lake (as 6260U, mine)
What's about cpu decoding, my i5-haswell can do it, upto 24/30fps hevc 10bit files.
Well, mine can't do it (4k 10bit) ..Smile
What are limits for h.265 hardware playback (i3-7100U) on Kodi 17.x with linux VA-API, can 18.x do better?

Edit: 18.x plays at least up to 10 bit 4k h.265 23.976fps (Main 10 L5.1 High) with hardware.
Hi,

I just buy a Intel NUC NUC7i7BNH and I have issue with audio in passthrough.

With my Denon AVR-2809 AVR :
- DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD High Res, Dolby True HD and Dolby Digital Plus are not working in passthrough. No sound. 

With my Onkyo TX-RZ820 AVR :
- Some DTS-HD MA are working, some have only DTS core but no sound
- DTS-HD High Res not working, only DTS core but no sound
- Dolby True HD working
- Dolby Digital Plus working 

All tested files are working fine with my other NUC NUC5i5RYH and I use latest nightly build from Milhouse.

I have already updated my MUC to latest BIOS and latest HDMI 2.0 firmware.

Someone have this issue too or not ?
 Estuary MOD V2 
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Kaby Lake Hardware3